2008 Trackpack - Released!

Posted by SchueyFan 
Re: 2008 Trackpack - Released!
Date: May 09, 2009 10:20AM
Posted by: Ruboy
Concerning CTD:
Try to delete magic data or load default magic data and the test again. When using TSM I had some problems in the past, too...I just loaded and saved default md and after that I loaded the enw one again and it worked.

Date: May 09, 2009 10:25AM
Posted by: Pont
Ruboy

I just tried Fuji...what an experience!!Superb....when can we expect trackmaps?

Rgds
Pont from Holland
Date: May 09, 2009 10:35AM
Posted by: iaquinta
Ruboy schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Concerning CTD:
> Try to delete magic data or load default magic
> data and the test again. When using TSM I had some
> problems in the past, too...I just loaded and
> saved default md and after that I loaded the enw
> one again and it worked.

Doesn't work, mate.
Date: May 09, 2009 11:35AM
Strange, why aren't that track working?
Date: May 09, 2009 12:02PM
Posted by: schroeder
thank you ed, for your work... great piece of work.

matt
Date: May 09, 2009 01:47PM
Posted by: bdtj1815
iaquinta Wrote:
> Ruboy schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Concerning CTD:
> > Try to delete magic data or load default magic
> > data and the test again. When using TSM I had
> some
> > problems in the past, too...I just loaded and
> > saved default md and after that I loaded the
> enw
> > one again and it worked.
>
> Doesn't work, mate.

Nor for me. Tracks work fine in an ordinary install, and look great. In TSM so far only tried Melbourne and Valencia and they CTD. Has anyone got them working in TSM? Any other ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2009 01:47PM by bdtj1815.
Date: May 09, 2009 03:06PM
i installed fuji, hockenheim and valancia with no problems at all...all these tracks work fine in non tsm mode....i did the same
with istanbul, copied hockenheim2001.wad into gp4 directory and changed s1ct19.dat into s1ct12.dat but it doesn't load at all in gp4...ctd immediately ....anyone else facing a problem with istanbul?
Date: May 09, 2009 03:14PM
Posted by: GP_maniac
if you rename each of s1ct files to the correct numbers according to what number track the wad replaces, thats what i have done and they all work and load fine

i do have one small point that on some tracks it seems to be very easy to spin off on the entrance to some corners even when you have all the aids turned on like steering assist

for example at turn 3 of montreal when you take that right going into the left, you spin off going into the right corner
Date: May 09, 2009 03:20PM
Gp Maniac....i did with Istanbul....based on hockenhei.wad i placed it under s1c12.dat but it doesn't load. I placed fuji under s1ct17.dat/suz.wad, Hockenheim under s1ct09.dat / nurnburg.wad and Valencia under s1ct16.dat / indy.wad and no problems. I did the same with istanbul -> s1ct12.dat (hockenheim.wad)...but it will not load.
Date: May 09, 2009 03:32PM
Posted by: schroeder
for the istambul problem: there is something with the magic data. i replaced the current data with my old or default, it was loading... don´t know, some values must be screwed up...

matt
Date: May 09, 2009 04:16PM
Posted by: ferrariracer
Now I have no problems with the tracks, even Istanbul works. The problems what I have:

1) In Istanbul some cars don´t stand in their right position in the pits. For Example a Toyota is behind a wall. And there is little grip on the track. I have oversteering in nearly every corner!

2) In Barcelona: If you get off the track it might be, that your car is flying in the air! And little grip!

Apart from these things, it is great! But I have tested only Melbourne, Barcelona, Sepang, Shanghai, Valencia and Istanbul until now!

Another question: How can I get Loading Screens and Trackmaps for this package. They can be out of an older pack too!
Date: May 09, 2009 04:30PM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
Thanks SchueyFan.

@ferrariracer, Istanbul was first built with a realistic paddock which is why the garage layout is the way it is, in order to give it the look of the real pit building.
Date: May 09, 2009 04:33PM
schroeder could you pls send me your magic data file for Istanbul? Maybe this would help me?
Date: May 09, 2009 05:55PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
thanks for the nice comments everyone!

also, thanks in particular to iaquinta for uploading the full package!

haven't noticed any magic data problems yet on my end, i will have another look.

Loading screens can be found here;

[gp4notebook.blogspot.com]

Track maps can be found here, however a couple are missing (the pack is a few years old)

[www.gp4italia.org]

btw, the tracks are also now available individually at GP4DB :)

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2009 05:58PM by SchueyFan.
Date: May 09, 2009 06:52PM
thanks for checking magic data.....same problem i had with istanbul i als have with spa.....CTD.
Date: May 09, 2009 07:44PM
Are you going to release a TSM Trackpack?
Date: May 09, 2009 11:49PM
Posted by: Richard J
I downloaded all of the 2008 trackpack tracks put together by Shueyfan. I used TSM to get the tracks into GP4. So far, I have not been able to get Hungaroring and Spa to work. I found that all of the tracks when loading through TSM had a default.tmd file with zero (0) file size after I tried to run the track once. I found the following way to get all but Hungaroring and Spa to work doing the following.

1. Create track in TSM.
2. Run CSM with the track you just created in TSM.
3. Track will crash upon loading as it has a default.TMD file with zero file size.
4. Make sure you have downloaded the SDG 2008 trackpack and installed.
5. Copy the default.tmd file from the same SDG 2008 trackpack track for the TSM track you
just created.
6. Paste/copy the SDG 2008 trackpack default.tmd file to the TSM folder for the track
created in TSM.

I found this worked for all tracks except Hungaroring and Spa.

Richard J
Date: May 09, 2009 11:58PM
Posted by: ZaZ
It's because the dat file has MD which isn't compatible with TSM because TSM takes care of some namings.
The easiest way to fix this is simply to go the the imported track and hit 'save track' after you are done selecting the wad and dat and then go to the magic data tab.
Then simply press the save button. No need to import default data or to manually copy files.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: May 10, 2009 12:01AM
Posted by: BayW
I have add them all in TSM and hungary, monaco don't work. But hungary you can easily replace with gildoorf version which is superb quality anyway and monaco we have gp4free version which is superb as well. You can mix them guys cause not all have the same quality, no offense schueyfan. Personal Valencia i don't like, its still beta, no pitstands included but better then nothing i'd say.

They are all PLUS and that is a very great job cause i have update them all to 2009 season with any problem or crashes, tested them all so ty for adding the PLUS system in the tracks.
Date: May 10, 2009 01:29AM
Posted by: Ruboy
ZaZ Wrote:
> It's because the dat file has MD which isn't
> compatible with TSM because TSM takes care of some
> namings.
> The easiest way to fix this is simply to go the
> the imported track and hit 'save track' after you
> are done selecting the wad and dat and then go to
> the magic data tab.
> Then simply press the save button. No need to
> import default data or to manually copy files.

Can you fix this? Or is the naming as it is now essential for TSM?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy