Posted by: drt01
Thanks for kind words :) give me real motivation

-------------- My GP4 Tracks --------------

F1 Tracks , Oval Tracks, Other Tracks
Re: 2008 Trackpack - Released!
Date: June 11, 2009 11:14PM
Posted by: simcut
Hi there

Having problems getting the Valencia track to work, I added it through TSM but cant get it to load :( I get CTD every time I try and play it

=====================================
hmmmmmmm.....Scarlett Johansson......
Date: June 12, 2009 03:54PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
once again, i don't use TSM so its hard to diagnose problems. Have you tried the magic data method that has been discussed during the thread?

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 12, 2009 04:07PM
Posted by: simcut
Spoke to ZaZ directly and it was indeed the MagicData method that fixed it, sorry I must've missed that comment (there are 11 pages lol)

Thanks for an awesome trackpack mate :) thumbs up!

=====================================
hmmmmmmm.....Scarlett Johansson......
Date: June 12, 2009 04:57PM
good to see you have fixed it, and i'm glad you like it! :)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 16, 2009 04:29PM
Posted by: ferrariracer
Hi!

I have a problem with the Trackpack! The quality of all the tracks is great, but with the standard setups i can´t drive one fast lap because I have oversteering nearly in every corner! How can I fix this problem?
Date: June 16, 2009 06:06PM
Another bug: There is no pit crew during the race.

It would be fine if you could fix these bugs with the TSM Version and then you could release an updated non TSM version of the trackpack.
Date: June 16, 2009 06:30PM
could you provide some more details please.

are you using these tracks with TSM?

does it happen on all tracks?

etc.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 16, 2009 06:54PM
Hi SchueyFan!

I don´t use the tracks with TSM and it happens on Istanbul, Silverstone, Monaco and Monza. But I will test the other tracks in short time. If these mistakes happen there too I will write it in here.

In the most corners of these tracks I have oversteering if I use the standard GP4 car setups. If I make my own setups, driving makes fun.

And if I drive a race in Silverstone there is no pit crew if I want to make a Pit Stop. The old tyres dissapear and I get new ones and also the fuel tank gets refilled. But without pit crew.

I have found a GP4 2009 Mod on www.speedinlive.com. Most of the tracks used in this mod are from your trackpack, but josekast did other .DAT files. So I can drive Istanbul with the standard car setup but there is a bug with the pit lane. Most of the KI Drivers crash in the wall at the beginning of the pit lane. In Silverstone there is still no pit crew. In Monza I can drive with the standard setup, but the pit lane goes through the wall with this files. I haven´t tested Monaco until now. I reported Josekast these errors.

If you want to, you can write Josekast and you can both help together to fix these problems. If you could fix these bugs it would be nice to upload a new version of the Trackpack!

And thank you very much for taking note of me and helping me with my problems. Very good "support"!
Date: June 17, 2009 04:11PM
ok, i will have a look at the silverstone problem. it appears not to be happening for everyone, so i'll try and work out what is causing this problem.

as for the oversteering, try a different magic file or physics file, and see if that helps. From this site, you can download a few different versions of magic data (you can get them in the 'Performance Set' packages). maybe these will work.

btw, thanks for telling me about josekast's 'mod', it would seem that - not for the first time - he has stolen other people's works... it seems he can't even do this correctly based on the errors you describe.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 18, 2009 10:14AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I'm not running this track-pack because I'm away from home, but I've had the oversteering problem with some tracks in the 2007 track-pack that was released, in particular at Instanbul.

I found out that the problem was the track grip levels in the magic data. If you look in TSM, you can see that some tracks (eg Instanbul) have much lower track grip than the others. That obviously means less grip, which using standard set-ups means that you get lots of oversteer.

So either modify your set-ups, or just increase the track grip levels. To do that, just change the number to a higher value (look at other racks for reference), and then re-load the tracks.

Date: June 18, 2009 03:10PM
thanks for the advice!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 20, 2009 09:22AM
Hi!

I don´t use TSM so how can I change the track grip level of each track separately? I´ve tried to change the track grip level with Tweaker, but then this happens to all tracks and in Monza I drive 1:17,000.
Date: June 20, 2009 10:29AM
1. Get 'cmagic4', or open it if you already have it.

2. Load the dat file you want to change in the 'GP4 Track File' box.

3. On the Menu, go to Edit\Get Magic Data from Track File and save it somewhere

4. Open the file you just saved, and look for the line 'Track Grip' Increase the number, 16300 seems to work for me now, so maybe try that. Save the file

5. In CMagic again, load the same dat file, and now the magic file you just edited in the 'Magic Data file' box. Click insert data, and then it should work!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 20, 2009 06:14PM
Thanks very much! Now it works. Only in Istanbul I have to take my own car setup, otherwise I drive 1:20 times. One question: I have downloaded a high res bump texture. There is one file in it: tarmacmap.tex. Then I updated all tracks with this file. But I have already the same texture as before. How do I have to install this file?
Date: June 20, 2009 06:30PM
not sure why that didn't work. make sure you recompile the wad with EasyWad or whatever program you use so the file is added to the wad.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 20, 2009 06:38PM
Posted by: Briere
ferrariracer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks very much! Now it works. Only in Istanbul I
> have to take my own car setup, otherwise I drive
> 1:20 times.

That's because the track is 1 km too short ;)
Date: October 14, 2013 06:36AM
Posted by: lalboy
Can somebody re-upload 2008 trackpack as the link has expired?
Thanx
Date: October 15, 2013 01:11AM
The link to my GP4 Downloads in my signature should still work.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 15, 2013 01:16PM
Posted by: TomMK
SchueyFan
The link to my GP4 Downloads in my signature should still work.

The 4shared link doesn't work for me...

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy