2009 Empty Mod released - small fix available

Posted by b-tone 
Re: 2009 Empty Mod released
Date: April 25, 2009 09:29PM
Posted by: The Saint
i solved the problem by myself, i just made an backup of my mod, and installed a new one... and into this one i pasted every folder and started the game to look where the problem was, and in my case it was with the cars, i made something wrong, but donĀ“t know what exactly it was^^ you have to try it out on yourself
Date: April 26, 2009 10:33AM
Posted by: MattLeonowicz
i found the same thing happening, what i did was when i put the Lods into the Cars folder, i DID NOT put them in melbourne, for some reason, it glitches and atteempts to load from from lets say Brawngp/Cars/(lods)
and Brawngp/hi/(texs)

Try placing them there, it worked for me, i had the same problem now its fine :)

Date: April 26, 2009 02:17PM
Posted by: dio69
Thanks!!
I will try that!! :)

[www.myspace.com]
Date: April 26, 2009 04:32PM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
MattLeonowicz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i found the same thing happening, what i did was
> when i put the Lods into the Cars folder, i DID
> NOT put them in melbourne, for some reason, it
> glitches and atteempts to load from from lets say
> Brawngp/Cars/(lods)
> and Brawngp/hi/(texs)
>
> Try placing them there, it worked for me, i had
> the same problem now its fine :)

Does that mean that the Melbourne file is a track spec. file?
Date: April 28, 2009 10:27AM
Posted by: b-tone
There was a small problem with track specific cars not working properly - theres a fix availble now which should sort things out :)
[www.gp4db.com]

____
Tony

Re: 2009 Empty Mod released - small fix available
Date: April 29, 2009 04:03PM
Posted by: madotter
I have a problem with tyres, well rims actually. I have LWC's 2009 textures in the tyres folder and Enzojz's rims in the rims folder. The tread texture works but only the old shape appears ingame. I added the rim files (.gp4) to all folders in the the rims folder and the same for the textures but still the same happens, new tyre tread, old shape and tyre wall texture.

GOING MAD HERE! Also, how on earth do you edit the gp4.exe? I mean like you would with TeamEditor and GP4tweaker, my helmets and steering wheels and some wheels are all over the place!

I love this idea but it's making me go KRAZY! :)
Date: April 29, 2009 04:12PM
In the .csm file it should say:
Rims=Rims,Rims\%rimtype%
So CSM will use for rims the files found in Data\Rims, and Data\Rims\2D or Data\Rims\3D
Look in the globalvars.ini to see what rimtype is, or changee it in the configurables tab.
I just tested and it all worked as it should.
Do you have original wads and exes? Are you sure the files are in the right places?

CSM is maent to be used with a clean exe, so you can make changes in the mod itself.
Enable tweaker real time editing and make changes, take a screenshot and copy the values to the right ini file, ie Data\Tweaker\gp4tweak_merge\Ferrari\06.ini for Kimi.
Or put a .car file in data\patch and it will be used, but over ruled by tweaker.

____
Tony

Date: April 30, 2009 06:15AM
Posted by: ktm1974
i have the empty mod up and running with all cars, with the standard tracks it works fine.

when i try to run it with the 2007 plus track pack from gp4db the tracks dont load correctly. its like you are driving under the track on blank background looking up at the buildings ect. any advise? the only 07track that seems to work ok is the melbourne 2007

its a fresh download of the trackpack and it works fine with the standard gp4 game.

thank you
Date: April 30, 2009 12:29PM
Posted by: drafi5
@ madotter:
did you try to the tyres in the performance file to:
[Tyres]
Team #00=1
Team #01=1
Team #02=1
Team #03=0
Team #04=0
Team #05=0
Team #06=0
Team #07=0
Team #08=1
Team #09=1
Team #10=1
you also can use other teams, maybe it is better to disable "Quickstart".

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: April 30, 2009 06:38PM
Posted by: madotter
I have quick start disabled and have been playing with the settings for ages. Tried a fresh install of both GP4 and CSM + the empty mod and still same thing. I'll go back to the normal way of updating GP4, it's just a shame as the idea of have all the different mods and seasons right there makes it pretty handy.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions anyway,
Iain.
Date: May 01, 2009 09:54AM
@ktm1974 - the only thing I can think is your gpxpdata\track.set file. Open it in notepad and it should look like this. If it doesn't you can either change it, or make a new one with hts data and put it in a mods GPxPatch folder.

[TrackFiles]
f1ct01=circuits\s1ct01.dat
f1ct02=circuits\s1ct02.dat
f1ct03=circuits\s1ct03.dat
f1ct04=circuits\s1ct04.dat
f1ct05=circuits\s1ct05.dat
f1ct06=circuits\s1ct06.dat
f1ct07=circuits\s1ct07.dat
f1ct08=circuits\s1ct08.dat
f1ct09=circuits\s1ct09.dat
f1ct10=circuits\s1ct10.dat
f1ct11=circuits\s1ct11.dat
f1ct12=circuits\s1ct12.dat
f1ct13=circuits\s1ct13.dat
f1ct14=circuits\s1ct14.dat
f1ct15=circuits\s1ct15.dat
f1ct16=circuits\s1ct16.dat
f1ct17=circuits\s1ct17.dat

@madotter - theres 2 options you've done something wrong, or I have :p For me the rims work fine and I haven't seen other problems so you should check your end. Make sure you have clean wads and exes.

____
Tony

Date: May 02, 2009 09:06PM
Posted by: retop56
I posted this in the "Guide to updating to the 2009 season" thread but I think it'll be more appropriate in here since I'm using this mod:
I ask this question before and I didn't get a clear answer so I'll ask again. I downloaded the Jenson Button, Rubens Barichello, and Nico Rosberg helmets from AlexShumi's thread. I got the Arai GP5-RC Shape from the first page of this thread and put it in the Data\Helmets\Shape folder. I then got the textures of the three helmets and put them in Data\Helmets\Std\their respective folders. For some reason though, the shape loads correctly, but it still loads the default 2001 textures. How do I get the 2009 textures in those folders to work?
EDIT: Here is a screenshot!

--------------------------------------
I play GP4
2004-2008 mods!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2009 09:07PM by retop56.
Date: May 02, 2009 09:13PM
The texture names should end with _1.tex and _2.tex and you should have Standard res selected from the configurables tab.

____
Tony

Date: May 02, 2009 11:14PM
OK well I found out what I was doing wrong. I was renaming them so I guess CSM was getting confused when the file already had hi_ in it. I just put the regular file in the folder and CSM recognized it and it works now. Thank you btone for your help and for this dope mod!

I play GP4
2004-2008 mods!
Hello, does anybody know how to enable the HUD in this mod as it is not available in the configurables tab.
Date: June 12, 2009 01:24AM
Hi I have a quick question. I'm trying to run a championship using this mod, and every time I try to, it enables team11 and uses the mclaren shape and textures for that team. Is there a way that I can turn off team11 so there are only 20 drivers?

I play GP4
2004-2008 mods!
Date: June 23, 2009 01:26PM
Posted by: mortal

Bump for newbies.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 23, 2009 02:48PM
Posted by: simcut
Go to:-

C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\GPSAVES\Carsets\2009_Empty_Mod\Data\Tweaker\gp4tweak_data

open numcars.ini with notepad, change the 1's to 0's for the team 11 cars (the last 2 entriesa on the far right)

=====================================
hmmmmmmm.....Scarlett Johansson......
Date: June 23, 2009 04:55PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [img218.imageshack.us]
> Bump for newbies.

maybe you should add this thread to the forum links on the GP4 FAQ thread ;)

X (@ed24f1)
a have some problems with the mod...

1. i cant change de driveres name. in GP4 driver select menu a change the name of onde driver, but when i go to the track, i see the original name without changes.

2. why the others cars are in free practice??? in original Gp$ this not happen. trying to fix this, i select "only playeres cars" in race options but this dont do nothing.

somebody can help me??

thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy