2009 Empty Mod released - small fix available

Posted by b-tone 
Re: 2009 Empty Mod released
Date: April 18, 2009 01:45PM
Posted by: nhorry
Thanks Tony, it's great!

I've got only three "small" problems: pitcrews, steering wheels and cockpits.
Pitcrews and stearing wheels the originals, cockpits are white in all of the cars. All the needed files are in the right place...

Any ideas why?

(I have to work on some helmet and steering wheel positions, Ferrari, BMW, Williams, Renault, but that's not a big problem...)

Thx, nhorry
Date: April 18, 2009 05:33PM
OK! Now only pitcrews, and a new one:

I got team11 back, but can't get the helmets working for this team!

Ideas?
Date: April 18, 2009 07:46PM
Posted by: b-tone
Pitcrews: the Anim\default.ini file has:
[Vars]
default =Sakhir
so either put your files into Hi\Sakhir, or change that Sakhir to Melbourne (or wahtever)

T11 helmets: In the Helmets\Default.ini change these two variables:
[Vars]
driver21 =noone
driver22 =nooneagain
ie, change to Hartley and put the *_1.tex and *_2.tex into Hi\Hartley

____
Tony

Date: April 18, 2009 07:49PM
Thank You, Tony...
Date: April 19, 2009 10:22AM
Posted by: retop56
I have a couple of questions. I downloaded Lee's 2009 tire textures and I downloaded Enjoz's 2d rim shape because that's what the tire textures are associated with. When I try and install the rims, it's asking me for a .wad file to install it to and I don't know what to do because I'm using this CSM mod. Another problem I have is with the 2009 FIA graphics. Where do I put them in the mod folder after I download them?

--------------------------------------
I play GP4
2004-2008 mods!
Date: April 20, 2009 12:35AM
bump

I play GP4
2004-2008 mods!
Date: April 20, 2009 02:09AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
You need to open up the installer for Enjoz's rims and you will be able to find the files in there you need and extract them

Graphics are part of GPX patch, if you mean overlays like the speedometer and LG timing logo

Take a look at the read me files for whatever ones you have, should say in there :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: April 20, 2009 02:17AM
OK I solved the problem with the rims, but new ones have come up. I'm still having trouble with the timing logos. I downloaded the 2009 FIA graphics by mclarenaustralia. I know how to configure the speedometer in GPxPatch and all that stuff. I just want to know where to put the files for the FIA graphics in my CSM mod. I also have problems with the cockpits. I downloaded the 2009 cockpits but I don't know where to put them. Can someone help me?

I play GP4
2004-2008 mods!
Date: April 20, 2009 06:38AM
Posted by: b-tone
put the cockpit files (cp_TEAM.tex) into Data\Cars\Shared or into each cars Hi, Std and/or Lo folders.
For the GPxPatch thing probablt put the files into Data\GPxPatch\pnl

____
Tony

Date: April 20, 2009 06:38AM
bump

I play GP4
2004-2008 mods!
Date: April 20, 2009 12:08PM
Posted by: fongu
dump them all in the gpxpatch/gfx folder but that will wipe your old files. Better to create a file in the mod to swap.

Date: April 20, 2009 09:04PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
i have a problem with CSM it keeps saying im no administrator and then closes.? any idea?
Date: April 20, 2009 11:26PM
run gp4 once with gpxpatch - and exit the game and then try CSM again

Date: April 20, 2009 11:38PM
Posted by: The Saint
what the...? i added the new version of the ferrari and now i have 16 McLaren Mercedes from 2001, 2 Ferrari from 2001 and 2 BMW-Williams from 2001... and the cockpits and tyres don´t work either... the only thing that works are the hemlets of the two williams and ferrari drivers and the hud graphics... what going on there? i replaced the new installed ferrari with the old one i had before but nothing changes^^
Date: April 21, 2009 02:59AM
Posted by: SHEEPY
fongu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> run gp4 once with gpxpatch - and exit the game and
> then try CSM again

<3 <3 <3 thanks m8 that sorted it rite out :D
Date: April 21, 2009 09:43AM
Saint - talk me through what you did?

Date: April 21, 2009 03:59PM
ok here we go... i downloaded cockpits for the 09 Season and placed them into F1 2009\data\cars\shared (F1 2009 is the way i called the mod) and then i placed the downloaded files from the 2009 Ferari into the cars folder of the mod... then i started csm and went into the mod options and enabled real time editing, after this i started the mod, went in the game and saw the 3 cars from 2001, with the driver names of 2009 (at least the performance files and helmtes of the Williams and Ferrari drivers worked, so i gues it can´t be the carset manager) after is saw this mess, i first of all deleted the new ferrari and added the old one, started and lokked, but nothing changed... then i deleted the cockpit textures from the shared folder and again nothing happened and finally i deactivated the real time editing . . . and guess what?!?! Nothing happend/changed whatever...

so here is the list what works:

Helmets of Nakajima, Rosberg, Raikkonen and Massa
Performance file of 2009
Cockpit texture of Willams and Ferrari (all the others are completely white)
my 2009 trackpack
grid cars and teamart... and that´s it^^ all the other things like the other cars, helmets, cockpits, tyres and Hud don´t work
Date: April 21, 2009 04:10PM
ok when you say cockpit, do you mean the shape or the textures (textures will begin with cp_ferrari.tex). These are best going in the cars file - do Data\cars\ferrari\ (i can't remember, but I think its melbourne)\ and then the texture folder (extra hi, hi, std & low). You will need to do that for each team- although I don't know why it shouldn't work in the shared folder.

The rest of the cockpit files, you need to put them in Data\cockpit and then check your cars.wad to see which folder they go in.

For the cars, the textures go in the places as described above, but the car shape will go in the shape folder inside Melbourne.

Date: April 21, 2009 04:15PM
i meant the textures, sorry.. and with the cars, i know where to place them, the funny thing is that last week they worked! i had the 2009 cars, the tyres and the helmets, but now they don´t work anymore...
Date: April 25, 2009 08:19PM
Posted by: dio69
I have the same problem of The Saint...
Is there any solution??

thanks

[www.myspace.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy