game crashing when race is finished

Posted by cerbera84 
game crashing when race is finished
Date: April 08, 2009 09:35AM
Posted by: cerbera84
hi guys,
before reading your articles on here, i knew nothing about updating gp4, but since finding this forum i have updated all teams and drivers, cockpits, tyres, pit crew etc manually through amending wads and this is all thanks to your work.

i have a problem though. every time a race ends, and the message "race over" comes on the screen, the game decides to freeze up and i have to restart my pc. very annoying.

how can i find out whats going wrong ?
Re: game crashing when race is finished
Date: April 08, 2009 09:36AM
Posted by: anynomous
save the gpx log and post it here;-)

Dont blaim me for my english im just proud that im from the Netherlands
Greetz Nick
Date: April 08, 2009 09:53AM
Posted by: evil.hEiNz
I think he can't. He says he has to restart his pc 'cause it freezes ;-)
Date: April 08, 2009 09:56AM
ah didn't see that thanx for notifying me;-)
@cerbera84 try a fresh install of gp4 and update it with the patch. then update ur cars.wad with the 2009 cars and try to race again.;-)

Greetz Nick
Date: April 08, 2009 10:05AM
i was running gp4 without the gpxpatch previously, so i installed it and it worked fine (apart from the graphics like speedometer doubling up?) - i finished the race and it was ok. but i just trying to run gp4 without the gpxpatch running again and it crashed

i think this must be from the one that ran ok with gpxpatch ?

*** Starting log 08-04-2009 08:42:15
Using panel 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Counter.ini'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Counter Color.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Counter Display.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Gauge Temp.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Gauge Fuel.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Gauge Needle Shadow.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Gauge Needle.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Led1.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Led0.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Rev Needle.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Rev Needle Shadow.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Speed Needle shadow.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Speed Needle.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Pit Closed.tga'
*** error loading texture: (88760b59) D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA: Invalid data
Failed to load image. Trying to load image from common gfx directory...
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\gfx\Pit Closed.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Pit Closed.tga'
Using panel 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Counter.ini'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Counter Color.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Counter Display.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Gauge Temp.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Gauge Fuel.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Gauge Needle Shadow.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Gauge Needle.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Led1.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Led0.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Rev Needle.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Rev Needle Shadow.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Speed Needle shadow.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\pnl\Lo2kTheme\Speed Needle.tga'
Loading texture from file 'C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\gpxpdata\gfx\Pit Closed.tga'
Closing log

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2009 10:06AM by cerbera84.
Date: April 08, 2009 10:11AM
yeah i think u should run it with gpxpatch then u have no problems;-)

Greetz Nick
Date: April 08, 2009 10:55AM
Posted by: mortal
There is 'invalid data' in that panel you are using. Disable it and try again.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2009 10:55AM by mortal.
Date: April 08, 2009 11:20AM
ok, i've uninstalled and reinstalled everything, added my old cars.wad file in, and everythings running ok right now. this is without using gpxpatch to run the game. the only thing i would like to change now is the in-game graphics. can they be changed without using gpxpatch ?
Date: April 08, 2009 12:37PM
Posted by: mortal
If you mean the timing display, no. If you mean a track or car update, yes. You should run gpx_patch anyway. The best way to update is by using a csm mod. Updating gp4 manually can be tricky. There is a pinned thread on updating to 2009. Also have a look at the FAQ, also pinned.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy