GrandPrixGames SuperLeague - Test Driver Vacancies! - Off Season - Shape poll results P193

Posted by Nickv 
it will take u 5 mins Nick lol!!
Mortal... its all painted... just waiting for Nick to put it back together...
I painted it in Windows7 Paint =D

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Monza972 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BAR#10 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > We trusst Mr. Ingers won't use this information
> to
> > benefit his team DER and clearly can't be
> > representing DER.
>
> That is why DER have bought him and is being paid
> extra ;)

Extra? Me? So where's the green backs? I want it paid in small denominations, in a plain brown paper bag and left on the park bench at 5am precisely! ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Schumaster Wrote:
> Still looking for a (test)seat, so if someone
> wants me as a testdriver please PM me :)

maybe you should have read your messages from 2 days earlier... ;)

EDIT: could we have the calendar in the first post please :)

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2009 12:52PM by SchueyFan.
GPGTV.org/farked repeats very important GPGSLRS press release incase anyone missed it:

GPGSLRS MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: INTERACTIVE BOOST TO PASS SYSTEM INTRODUCED ONLY IN FRIDAY PRACTICES OF GPGSL S2-09

To make the GrandPrixGames Super League even more interesting we have decided to give Mr. Mills idea a go. We have however slightly changed it, into BOOST TO PASS system and are implementing into Friday's tests, to see if it works.
If it will, it will be introduced in races of next season of GPGSL

-Teams will be given 14 extra BHP over an entire season to use at Friday's Practices only. With no bearing on the main perfomance file, only on friday's testers one.

-Teams could use 14 BHP at once or at any possible combinations(1 bhp for 14 tests)
Thus either spare 14 bhp on one Friday test, or distribute it on more tests, f.e. 5extra bhp in Monaco, 7 extra bhp in Interlagos, 2 extra bhp in Austria. The total is 14 extra BHP. Ofcourse the BHP boost will be temporary and only for the chosen test(s). Testers perfomance points gains will be regular*.
-No boost will be allowed in the first test (Melbourne)

-To bring the element of risk however, the failure variance will be higher with more extra BHP used.

12-14 bhp boost at once will mean failure variance of=4000
11bhp boost=3500
10=3000
9=2500
8=2300
7=2000
6=1500
5=1300
4=1200
3=1100
2=900
1=800

-We will start with an interactive system, which means that representative of the team will send their chosen number of the BHP Boost to Mr. Ingers via PM(perf maker, user name Stoopid) three days before the date of the race. Underlined - before the Race date.

Number of the chosen BHP boost, team name and name of Friday's test venue must be in the private messagge. (f.e.: MPR will choose 2BHP at Sepang)
We trusst Mr. Ingers won't use this information to benefit his team DER and clearly can't be representing DER.

Once the deadline passes he will publish the perfomance file. Incase two members of the same team send BHP boost data, he will implement it only if the info will be the same in both PMs. So it is recommended that team members choose one representative.
Dates, calendar should be finalized later this month.
For now we will try to do it from race weekend to race weekend, so dont send your boosts distributed for the entire season in advance.

*Testers position on the Friday Test timesheets will be valued like this: 12 perf points for 1st place,11 for 2nd, etc to 1 point for 12th.
For their qualy perf file they will be getting the same as main drivers in qualifying.(15 for 1st etc,)
We have slightly lowered the number for the testers future "race" file, because it takes more factors to win a race than get a quick lap in tests.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
SchueyFan Wrote:
-ve read your messages from 2
> days earlier... ;)
>
>
> EDIT: could we have the calendar in the first post
> please :)

It's there, but lower in the post.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
got it now!

btw, i'm pretty sure its 'Neil' not 'Neill' (talking about the Bobby variety of course ;))

X (@ed24f1)
If someone was to teach me how a perf-file worked I could do it from time to time if those doing the perf files were to be away :)
Damn! I can't find a test-driver. The guys, which I did write a PM, are having already a cockpit or don't answer.
[
@Bruninho
Didnt Danm say he'd be delighted to be your test driver or something like that?

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
@Marko, regarding the DanM part, thats correct :p
@Mal, Marko, Nick and the inventor of the basic concept. WELL DONE ! At first i didnt know what to think about it but now its a big improvement. Quite some extra fun up there :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
COMING SOON ON GPGTV

Our Stoopid Reporter Ernie B. will be giving sound & picture or from the first post launch private test of Alpha Motorsport with both American Randy Winston and Bobby Neil trying the new cars. Live from location? We hope so. With Raltwest to follow. We think. Not sure. Ernie?

While the BAR#10.rattles.on.for miles.productions will be painting a picture with the usual storyline shennanigans as the first part of the GPG Super League test review and 02-09 season preview will be posted @gpgtv.org/farked... Yes the "bowel movingly incredible" one. Yawn.

And Mortal' Foolish Director's Cut? Doing .... nothing. For now.

Anyway, that's it folks.

COMING SOO... Oh, we already said that. Well, what do do you expect from the No.1 Crap Motosport Coverage Crew?

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Matt: you're helmet is crap, it doesn't display properly in ZM :P
BAR#10 Wrote:
> [
> @Bruninho
> Didnt Danm say he'd be delighted to be your test
> driver or something like that?

He did, but i was waiting for a confirmation from him. For me its okay to have him onboard :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2009 10:18PM by Bruninho.
@Bruno, if you watched closely he almost confirmed right after :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Dan Mills Rumours appear to be true

Dan Mills has signed for next season at DER as their their number one test driver. DER was already looking to change the whole line up after a wondrous 2008. Mills was reportedly rumoured to set his ink with Earthdreams RaltWest but due to livery problems he took a turn to DER.

Santilal, Boss of DER Commented that "I was already on the look out for a test drivers and Dan approached me and we set the deal just a day after. He's really an asset to have on the team as he's had experience of the previous series that had been run."

Mills was unable to comment due to his seat fitting duties

"I hope Bruno doesn't have a hard time," joked Santilal

Source: D.B.
© CAPSIS International

@Race Directors: Dan Mills is Tester #1 at DER
I've been asked to put dates on the race calendar....I'm not keen on doing that because of my incredibly busy schedule.
Look back at S1, how quickly we got through it, expect pretty much the same for S2 now that Stu is on board to run races as well.
And, if we do the end of season transition quickly we'll bolt into S3.
It's highly likely there will be a race whenever I have some time to spare, so that means in one week you could get two races. I'll do one mid-week and Stu could do a weekend event. That way, there's little chance of any tumbleweed rolling across pit lane. You'll know there's a race on, topic header will have (Track Location) Test Session Online.
So, as much as some of you would like to see firm dates for events, I'd find it difficult to commit to them. I'll point out that this was one of the reasons that the WGP/W300 failed as well. Races were scheduled, but the RD's were swamped by other commitments, therefore events were postponed by, sometimes up to three weeks, and that caused a major loss of interest. People were saying "C'mon, where's the race? I prefer "Yaay! Another race!" It also has the added bonus of making everyone check in to see just what is going on.

Boost to pass submissions from team owners.
Round 1 will be announced in advance, team owners will have five days to submit their boost value prior to the race.
For the remainder of S2, team owners must submit their boost values within five days after each event. Time starts when a race is posted. That is sufficient time to allow team owners to see that a race has been held and choose their strategy for the next event. It also allows the race directors leeway to run two events in a week.
That's it from pit lane. ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2009 11:32PM by mortal.
VERY IMPORTANT BOOST TO PASS UPDATE

Everything stays the same just the time submission of BHP BOOST changes

Round 1 will be announced in advance, team owners will have five days after to submit their boost value for the next free practice, decided member of GPGSLRS/RD Mal Stoddart.

Then he added:

For the remainder of S2, team owners must submit their boost values within five days after each event. Time starts when a race is posted.
GPGTV got these specifies from M.A.:

So if round 2 is posted February 3rd 10:22am CET, February 8th 10:22am CET is the deadline. So February 8th 10:23am CET is too late.

While Stoddart went on to say:
That is sufficient time to allow team owners to see that a race has been held and choose their strategy for the next event. It also allows the race directors leeway to run two events in a week.
That's it from pit lane.

GPGTV conclusion:
It also keeps everyone active, and similarly to last year's version of promoting the series rule, disadvantages inactivity.

EDITS: Quotes attributed to the source.

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2009 12:26AM by GPGTV.org/farked.
I said that. :)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
And our #1 crap motorsport channel added specifics and transmitted it to our viewers. :p That's what it does.

/and attributed quotes to the source with edits. (to also avoid confusion).

GPGSL career;

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2009 12:27AM by BAR#10.
Did GPGTV-FARKED allow for that extra broadcast in the budget then? Wouldn't want to see the coverage run out because there wasn't enough funds, we're struggling to get our donuts and coffee in the broadcast van as it is.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy