GrandPrixGames SuperLeague - Test Driver Vacancies! - Off Season - Shape poll results P193

Posted by Nickv 
We care-we rocked at Barca test!

Regardless, I understand and accept the decision.
We should have stated "include tracks' year" in announcement a week ago. Meh.

/But why oh why would anyone vote for DEFAULT tracks?;)

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
BAR#10 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OFFICIAL MPR PROTEST
> Marko Aleksander of MPR has voted for Barcelona,
> didn't state what year, but had the recent in
> mind, the one that the winter test took place on.
> That was Barca from either 2007/2008 f1 trackpack.
> (edit:the track has not changed)
> Barcelona 08 has three votes, Barcelona has one.
> Thus Barcelona should get 4, replacing Brno.

No, don't drop Brno, drop one of the brazilian races. Two races in one country is not fair :P

Joking aside, its looks an excellent calender :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
and by that logic Spa f.e. will be ran on default track?;)
cause there are few versions of it (last bus chicane changed)

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Yes, it will be the default version, as I also got some votes for the 08 version. But if the whole series starts screaming, we want 08 Barcelona! We want 08 Spa, we can make some changes :P
Use the 2004 version of Spa .. has the original layout before they massacred the bus stop but with hi-res textures

Think its available on GP4DB if I remember, If not I have it :)

Same with all those other default tracks, just use an updated version with nicer textures

To be honest I don't care if a certain team is a little bit more advantaged at a certain track

This is just a fun game after all, don't have to be too extreme ;)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I assumed latest versions of all the tracks were to be used. I just voted for venues except Old Hockenheim where there's a clear difference to the new one.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Meh, it's just an interpretation of the vote, that is in question.
When I thought Barca got out regularly, I did not have a problem with it.
Only when I noticed my vote did not count, I made a complaint.
I did say that I will accept the decision.

GPGSL career;
Your votes have al been counted. I just added it to the Barcelona 2001 version. If you want a specific version, you need to be more specific :P
Where can I get the Brno and Bugatti circuits? Never tried them ;)

Brno is in the 2005 DTM trackpack I think

Le Mans Bugatti... find it here [www.gp4db.com]

Re: GrandPrixGames SuperLeague Season 2 - Calendar on P22, announcement on P8 - Imporant announcement P14 - Tester vacancies new
Date: January 13, 2009 05:23PM
Posted by: Nickv (IP Logged)

Your votes have al been counted

But not to the correct version of the track.;)
Surely you dont mean that we will use default low res versions.
Barca is out - fine, also the only one where a vote makes a difference.
But use the latest version of tracks, that's what people voted for, I dare say.

GPGSL career;
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brno is in the 2005 DTM trackpack I think
>
> Le Mans Bugatti... find it here
> [www.gp4db.com]

Thanks Dan :)

quite a good calendar!

so did phoenix get 3 votes or is that a typo?

btw, it will be a fantastic start to the year in terms of great motorsport venues - monaco, spa, le mans, interlagos and suzuka!

X (@ed24f1)
Yeah agree with Ed :)

Loving Silverstone closing the season, should be fun

No, Phoenix did get 3 votes. I don't even know if it's actually released yet ;)

Obviously, we will have updated textures. I could open another poll, to ask which version of Spa and Barcelona people want.
lol i forgot to vote every time. nevertheless the calendar rocks ! :P Well done all in voting :| About my statement when Jethro came in, i rlly misunderstood his username. However i know he was living in britain now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2009 06:39PM by Rico.
Nick, I dare say that people voted for the latest tracks, like Stu also said.
To sum it up, the interpretation of the vote was wrong, IMO.
If anyone meant default 2001 tracks with his vote and not latest, tell, maybe I am wrong.

Check again who voted for Barcelona, those three have 08 specified if you want, i dont care.
I sent you the vote with Barcelona (from 07/08 trackpack in mind., not new Catalunya tbh, cause I did tests on trackpack one, altough I'm guessing dat is the same)

No other poll is neccesary, people already voted.
But even with Barca is out, other tracks should be latest versions, unless I'm wrong.

GPGSL career;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2009 06:50PM by BAR#10.
i agree, a good calendar, altough i`m a bit sad that estoril didn`t make it

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
I do not keep track of the versions of tracks that are released. There are also three versions of Spa (old Bus stop, new, and current). I cannot guess what people mean. Barcelona did not make it with the interpretation I used, too bad. I think we have a fantastic calendar with a lot of great, classic tracks.

As for Spa, it's only one corner that's been changed, which version we use will not make a very big difference.

Barcelona will not be put on the calendar. The calendar is definitive. We will ask people to tell which version they want next time. This was a new concept, and with new concepts, mistakes are made. This has happened and that's a pity.

Marko, you said you agreed with the calendar and would not protest, so please leave it as it is. Next year, this will be done differently and better.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy