Re: Aaaah! Those were the days, sweet sweet memories :)
Date: February 19, 2009 03:23AM
Posted by: Zero Wolf
I have to say that i was quite disappointed with almost all codemasters's racesims. For example, Colin Dirt brought us lot's of cars, great graphic, but physic, i think physic is main problem in this and other codemasters racesims games. We all know, that this new F1 codemaster's game will have great graphic, sound, realistic tracks, let just hope that physic will be as good as it is in GP4 or rfactor.
It won't be a race-sim, I'm sure because all those Playstation and X-Box noos also want a game in whitch they can just become world champion (like I could when I was 9 or something like that whit AB, AG, CC-Line, etc. all on) :(

Date: February 19, 2009 11:47AM
Posted by: Zero Wolf
I agree with you racingstefan, and what is even worse is, that you can become champion at 9 even if you turn off all driving aids, except TC.
Richard Burns Rally have one of the most realistic driving model i have ever see in race-sims, and if other games can't came close to that driving model, i won't play it.
I really think Codemaster's will make it a racesim.. otherwise they will be really really stupid!

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: February 20, 2009 10:15AM
Posted by: Ruboy
SkaaningeN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I really think Codemaster's will make it a
> racesim.. otherwise they will be really really
> stupid!

Nowadays, anything is possible in this world ;)

Date: February 20, 2009 05:12PM
Posted by: fongu
I wish I had as much faith as you did in Codies - but I'm sure it will look nice anyways

Date: February 24, 2009 10:53PM
Posted by: Guimengo
SCi should be employed to make it! ;)
so when is the game from the codemastrers going to be released.......\
approximately ?
second half of this year apparently

you can find more discussion of this game here;
[www.grandprixgames.org]

X (@ed24f1)
Thought i'd post a little update :)

with 2009 upon, it seems everyone has got the F1 bug again, and returning to GP4 :)

all i can say is thankyou to everyone, already mentioned by madotter, but seeing this new enthusiam and return of some greats like yohan and spoony, makes me feel all warm inside.

GP4 is still alive and thriving, and GPG is the heart of our community once again.

I've been here for a long long time, gone through the highs, seen GPG nearly self destruct, but i'm glad to see us rise again and produce exciting new works, and a new feel to the community.

So thanks to all the new members, the members that have stayed through thick and thin, and those still lurking (we know who you are)

We're all making our favourite game last that bit longer, and a little bit better day by day :)

Thanks again x

Absolutely +1
It's great what the modders do round here, I mean we hade all the cars before Melbourne done (okay, not very accurate, but they are there). Every problem you have will be solved if you ask to. It's really nice around here ;)
Big thanks to all modders and members!
I've started a new season for the first time in ages - 75% race distance, never driven that much before!

Started off in the minardi as alonso - 2 dnfs so far, my fault at melboure and fisi punted me off at sepang. Hoping for a better result at brazil!
I just wanted to do a couple of laps last night in an older mod, ended up choosing Istanbul 2005, and forgot I had single lap qualifying on, so did a lap and came second to last as Pizzonia in the Williams - but at least I didn't go off with no practice beforehand. Thought ok, I'll start the race and do a few laps, the first few minutes the PO was around 5000%! And then it settled down after the first couple of turns. I must say I really enjoyed the 100% race, I was analysing my laptimes on Gpxpatch, and didn't notice Sato had spun in front of me and crashed into him on lap 11. But I ended up watching the rest of the race, as Raikkonen sped off and lapped almost everyone, whilst everyone struggled behind the Trulli Train, cars flying off trying to pass, and watching the strategies pan out - was the best GP I've seen for a while! Go GP4!

One question for those who are driving with steering wheel, are you driving with TC on or off, on what difficulty are you driving and how successful you are. I just wanna see where i am with me driving skills. I am driving with all driving aids off and pro difficulty.
Well well the good times are back indeed!!!

I have now done 2 FULL(All settings at 100% distance/time - don't see the point in anything less for me) seasons since re-installing GP4. I also use all the original stuff except GpxPatch and NOCD crack, and also I have removed all the black flags from all the tracks as they are nothing but a nuisance to me - think Monza and Hockenheim.

Anyways, my first season back was with Schumi as a semi-pro with keyboard where I finished 2nd - 65 to Ralf's 69, And I lost it at Suzuka as I went off at the long left-hander up the hill after the zig-zags. I would have had 75 vs Ralf who would have had 65. Damn but it was still a fun season.

Next, I just completed my next one last night. I was again semi-pro with Alonso in the Minardi this time. Here I didn't pick up any points in the first 7 races - 4 reliability failures and 3 errors - But I was still only 26 points off the lead at this stage - the leaders (Hakkinen, Schumacher, Rubens, Ralf, JP and Coulthard) were taking points and wins off each other.

Then I had a brilliant sequence of 1-1-2-1-1-1-3, which gave me a 60-point haul in 7 races. This meant that I had an 11-point lead over Schumi (49pts) going into the last 3 rounds at Monza, Indy and Suzuka. Thus, I only needed 19 points in these 3 races to become champ!

But alas. I had consecutive transmission failures at the next 2 races, While Schumi got a 2nd and 3rd, which meant that I took a one-point lead into Suzuka!

The nightmare continued there. I was running about 2.5 seconds behind the Man when I tried an optimistic passing move at the 2nd to last right hander before the mini tunnel when I just sped off in a straight line with nothing I could do. I lost again - this time by 60 vs 69...

Next up, I am trying to win with probably the most useless driver to see an F1 grid - Thomas Enge - and make history! Currently after 50 laps at Melbourne I am in 6th position after starting from 22nd(don't ask - nightmare qualifying).

But the noticeable difference in this championship is that I am using Pro level, as opposed to semi-pro like the previous 2. This will be fun!

This game will never bore me - I started in 1997 as 11-year old with GP2 and moved on to GP3. Now GP4 is giving me all its wrath - and it's as fun as hell!
Zero Wolf - that remind me - I also got a wheel recently.

Was it also as difficult as hell just to keep the car on the road in the beginning? I have evolved to a level where at least I can do spanking laps 3 times in a row, but then I lose it again for 4 in a row. Is this normal?

Just to confirm - it doesn't feel anything LIKE driving a normal car, does it?

I am wondering if anyone here has ever used a FlashFire USB wheel? I do doubt it because I think it's only sold in South Africa and I think that it is made locally aswell - not sure though.

Maybe any South Africans on here who have used this wheel as well?

Also, I would say that I have not done more than 5 hours' actual driving with the wheel - is that normal to be at my level or am I just useless???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2009 05:15PM by Ho3n3r.
nice post kev !
it´s absolutely the same with me. i barely drive this sim. then i only go for some laps, struggle, end up watching the beautiful car- and trackmods in that game.

btw: who is running gp4 with csm and who has got multilpe instalations for the different seasons ?
i run different copies of gp4 for each season i compiled. with my "highest" skill level for 06 and 07 season, with 17 cars.wads -i made extra monza-wings for each car and lod...-, tracks(mostly from trackpacks) updated with (TTM´s) pitstands (thanks for them), muppets divided, the half in training, the others to appear in quali and race, monitors, pitboards (right and left for cw and acw tracks, and all that other stuff...

it will be hard for codemasters to top this.
yes i know gp4 has it´s limits, but it´s still the only f1-simulation witch was "born" as a real f1-sim.

go on
matt
I had the same problem at the beginning Ho3n3r. Particularly monsoon races where nightmare. Now after two months (playing only on weekend for 2 hours) i can win 15% quick race, starting from pos.15. I get totaly pwnd at highest level, the comp. is simply to fast. I played GP3 and 4 a lot (driving 100% season 4 times) than i was waiting for proper simulation of F1 or rally (colin was a disaster)for quite long, until in 2005 when Richard Burns rally Came out, one of the best rally simulations ever being made on our planet (my opinion) i recommend it, it's worth playing. As for the F1 sim. i'm still waiting. I have me MG42 ready for codemasters ;
i've got multiple installations, each are about 3gb each :p, i've never really been a fan of csm, guess i'm just old school.

i like to do everything myself from extracting wads, tweaker etc, i find that's half the fun strangely.

i do want to learn how to use the tsm, but just never get round to it unfortunatley.

you're right, codemasters has a huge mountain to climb, and i doubt they can do it, they have to cater for the new "hamilton" fans, that want arcade, i doubt they'll go in depth with tyre degradation, heavier strategies etc. it will look beautiful however, and if we can mod that game and seriously mess with physics, we could have our own gp5, but i doubt it somehow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy