Show your Renders v3.0

Posted by Jorpaes 
Re: Show your Renders v3.0
Date: June 29, 2017 07:42PM
Posted by: Soutsen
Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Guys fighting over a girl lol.

Daym, now I want to see girls fighting over a guy here. I demand equality!:-)

Date: June 29, 2017 10:16PM
Posted by: Lacrowe

Ik zal beter slapen vannacht : when it rains I always use ULF rain tires because they give me the right performance
Date: June 30, 2017 12:11AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Soutsen écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Turbo Lover Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Guys fighting over a girl lol.
>
> Daym, now I want to see girls fighting over a guy here. [...]

No, I don't want to revive that :-/

Date: August 27, 2017 07:43PM

1983 Toleman TG183 B
Date: August 27, 2017 08:39PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I love candy.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 30, 2017 11:40PM
Nice looking Toleman

Date: September 02, 2017 07:10PM
@ Turbolover and Eric Moinet (K)

1973 Chris Amon - Tecno
Date: September 02, 2017 10:22PM
Let the good time rolls :)

The Tecno was a nice looking car. That was the time were almost everyone could build a car and race with it. Can't remember right now the name of the two italians who made the team, but they surely had fun at that time.

BTW if you go that route I was following Le Mans races at that time, rather than F1 ;-)

Date: September 03, 2017 10:02AM

TECNO Motorsport

In 1961, Tecno started their motor sport business as a constructor of karts in Bologna, run by the Pederzani brothers

For 1973, Tecno found itself in the position of having two dissimilar cars, one of them backed by the team's sponsors and the other by the Pederzani brothers.
Count Rossi had taken on experienced British racing manager David Yorke and driver Chris Amon. Yorke and Rossi commissioned a new chassis from designer Gordon Fowell
, while the Pederzanis hired Alan McCall to design a new car for them. McCall left before the car was fully developed, just to add to the chaos.
Tecno missed the early-season races and used the McCall car to little effect from the Belgian Grand Prix onward, and by the British Grand Prix both the Fowell "GorAl" car and the McCall car were available.
Austrian Grand Prix, he was disgusted with the whole mess and left the team, which subsequently folded - the Martini & Rossi money would go to Brabham in 1974
, the Pederzani brothers retired from competition, and Amon finished the season guesting at Tyrrell.
Date: September 03, 2017 05:23PM
Thanks for all the info milady.

Date: October 09, 2017 05:50PM
Posted by: madotter
Updated version :)

Thanks,
Iain.
Date: October 15, 2017 10:35AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Very nice Iain.
Good choice to jump to nVidia sponsorship after the less than overwhelming launch of the Vega cards!

A new skin for the RaceSimStudio 'Formula RSS 4' cars.
The level of detail these guys put into their models is simply astonishing - you can see this in the wheel reflection on the side of the nose - and makes for utterly fantastic renders.
It's also an absolute blast to drive as well.
Click the image for full size.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: October 15, 2017 11:46AM
Posted by: Mullet345
Very nice render. What render program was used to make it?

Date: October 15, 2017 03:59PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
KeyShot I think.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: October 17, 2017 03:00AM
Thanks Greg.
Ruben is correct, I do use Keyshot for my renders.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: November 03, 2017 09:42AM
Posted by: kedy89
First attempt, done in Blender.
Not quite happy with it yet. Look of the tyres seems a bit off, rims could have a more metallic look, and the car itself lacks a bit of reflections imo. Haven't figured out how to address these things yet.

full size

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: November 04, 2017 12:20AM
Date: November 06, 2017 07:33PM
Still having some troubles to get a proper lighting, and the reflections to look a bit smoother on some parts. Quite like the look of the rims though. Any feedback appreciated :)

full size

Some mods
Date: November 07, 2017 11:09AM
Nice improvement Tob.
I don't know much about the rendering process in Blender, but one thing I would try is to look for a way to control the specularity with a texture map.
In Keyshot, for example, specularity is controlled with a greyscale texture file, in exactly the same way as GP4.
This might help with your reflection issues.

I'd also suggest using a texture without the shadings on it, and rather let Blender do them. (Though this will of course affect render times)

And, of course, with this model and others, you're limited by the process used to get it GP4-ready.
The way that Zmodeler (and I think the .gp4 format itself) handles smoothing groups really badly affects any model that goes through it.

Again, really good work.
(I tried Blender for renders once upon a time, and gave up after about an hour of getting nowwhere!)

Date: November 07, 2017 07:23PM
The alpha channel you mean? I had something like that in mind, but couldn't quite figure out how to apply it properly yet.

Texture without shadings is a good point. Will try to keep it in mind if I do one for a car that I have the psd texture of.

I noticed that something might be off upon importing the 3ds files of the cars. Some parts look like they're not connected to each other. Unfortunately that also seems to be influencing the reflections. If you take a close look at the 2nd one, towards the back end of the sidepod the bottom part is a slight bit darker. Had to play with the lights a lot trying to hide hose parts, so far it seems impossible though to get them all.

Cheers mate, took me a while to get into it. Watched a good 5 hours of tutorials on youtube. Will keep trying to find a sweet spot for the settings. Got some Greg used for his renders, will give these a try soon.

Some mods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2017 10:58PM by kedy89.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy