Gp.org

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Gp.org
Date: March 11, 2007 11:21PM
Posted by: skojpe
I agree with you alejandro, I don´t understand the permissions, I think with only saying the original author is right. Those that some people call leechers aren´t earning money with that , they only want to give people a 2007 car to make shorter the wait for a good 2007 car
Date: March 11, 2007 11:34PM
Posted by: kizz
well if i was approached before i was told we've edited your car and we are releasing it

a) i would be much happier to say yes

and b) i would also be pleased to give out source files to help out and also would give my opinion of how i think the car looks before it was released

all i see now is a big argument and a quickly done edit at a honda 2007

and this whole thing could have been avoided by one email or pm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2007 11:35PM by kizz.
Date: March 11, 2007 11:36PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I hate to see so many good members to leave :( well it's their choice and I will respect that ...but I will not leave this forum or gp4,I have no reason to do that as I still enjoy this forum and gp4 .leechers have always been here and will always be...it's a same problem with every game not just with gp4.
Date: March 12, 2007 07:12AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
alejandrolazcoz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's the problem, and I think they are wrong,
> but I respect their ideas.
>
> I don't agree with you, those leechers could make
> every year new versions based on the last year's
> work or do the car from scratch (they don't do it
> because it's faster modifying an old version).
>
> I have never understood why not letting people
> modify other's cars if they aren't breaking the
> law.

they leech work cause they CAN'T make such a perfect car from scratch. Its faster to modify thats true, let them prove themselves to make something from scratch that would be new and we would all have a good laugh.
Date: March 12, 2007 08:57PM
Posted by: _Erix_
I think the copyright works a little different. It's not about money at all, it's about the right to protect your work. I built a Spyker MF1 with a 3d program. I don't break the copyright of the Midland/Spyker team because my car isn't built in reallife. If I were to build actual cars out of it and start selling them or handing them out, I'm breaching the copyright.

I own the copyright to my 3dmodel and its textures. Now, if you use my car and change it anyway you like it and release it without asking permission you're in trouble. I won't take you to the courts but I will advise you strongly to respect my rights and make sure your work will be banned from the important sites if you don't.

Remember that you use the work from someone because you're unable to make it yourself. Eat some humble pie and accept whatever the original author thinks of it. Without him you're nothing and if you keep on going against his wishes you lose more than you can ever regain...

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: March 12, 2007 10:32PM
Posted by: Jorpaes
_Erix_ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Remember that you use the work from someone
> because you're unable to make it yourself. Eat
> some humble pie and accept whatever the original
> author thinks of it. Without him you're nothing
> and if you keep on going against his wishes you
> lose more than you can ever regain...

I believe that this text explains all the situation.
When I make renders with the cars of other professionals, I look for to designate the name of the professional who produced, as in these examples:

Even if is only the renders has to show the credits.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2007 02:30AM by Jorpaes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy