Gp.org

Posted by Anonymous User 
Gp.org
Date: March 10, 2007 10:36AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
i've visited this site for quite a while now.firstly through grand prix 3.now gp 4.this site is an important part of this community & needs your support.
it has taken a few beatings here & there but is still a great place to visit.
i ask all members of the gp 4 community to keep on coming here & make gp 4 stronger for all.....

@ admin...please remove these offensive posts as soon as they appear.
give more support to the members producing works..
make it 100 % clear there is a zero tolerance to leeched works on this site.

@members.
Bombard the admin with pm's when an offensive post is spotted.
don't reply to these posts..get them removed without comment...

show leechers the door this way & support this site....

i'm showing my support to this site with my posts & released works.
Re: Gp.org
Date: March 10, 2007 11:31AM
Posted by: Ruboy
Good point, Jim.
I love GP4 and it is so much fun to create nice things for it, so I won't leave. All in all this has always been a nice place. Consider how many members GPG has so it might be 'normal' that there are black sheep among them. As you said, we have to ignore them or make clear to them that we don't support such things.

Well, expect nice track projects from me in the future - I'll go on :)

Date: March 10, 2007 12:40PM
Posted by: dada
+1 ....

Date: March 10, 2007 12:46PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
Date: March 10, 2007 12:54PM
Posted by: ralv585
+3...

this forum has had its ups and downs, but we keep coming back here for the love of GP4, and this applies to everything not just relationships of families, if you love something, you want to protect it, you want to ensure that they are safe and well, and by showing our support to everyone here, we can deter them.

will they stop leeching? probably not, but by not advertising what they do, then we cannot be tempted to download such things.

although the authors will be left in the dark as to who is using what, the less knowledge of these peoples work will mean that less people download them, and hopefully it will get to the point when they think, "why am i doing this, no one is donloading it"

but exactly what jimbob said, we need to report and not post replies as it just give them more reason to do it again and again.

Date: March 10, 2007 01:11PM
Posted by: Eaglefan9727
While I am pretty new to the Grand Prix sim scene.

I want to thank all the people who have done add-ons from the circuits to mods and everything in between. I have downloaded some great add-ons over the last week that I am enjoying.

While, I might have been a little annoying with my questions to some members. I hope I wasnt that much.

I am looking foward to seeing more great add-ons and discussions in the future and hopefully someday when I find time which is not that often. I can try to take a stab at creating a street circuit for the community to enjoy.
Date: March 10, 2007 01:24PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Here Here great post jimbob1
Date: March 10, 2007 02:21PM
Posted by: Monza972
+6

Jim i'm with you on that with this on the forum will be a friendly community than No Man;s Land
Date: March 10, 2007 02:43PM
Posted by: kimiraik
Date: March 10, 2007 05:14PM
Date: March 10, 2007 07:03PM
Posted by: jpmfw
No pluses here, you know my feelings Jim,and to be honest, i`m surprised you`ve changed your view so quick."hypacrit" springs to mind,everyone is quick enough to take sides,then ,when it comes to it,everyone takes the majority, i stand by Kyran, and Lee,Enough said

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2007 07:13PM by jpmfw.
Date: March 10, 2007 07:04PM
Posted by: phoenix.pl
I'm not writing here to often but i'm reading this forum everyday and I totally agree with you guys !!
I realy understand you because long time ago i was doing some stuff for GP2 (now my private life i taking to much time for it) and i was realy pissed off when i saw may "things" just little bit changed by someone and even my name wasn't mensioned there - all my hard work all my time what i spent that guy just steal and he called himself as a creator of it !
- it's plagiarism !!
Date: March 10, 2007 07:12PM
Posted by: julk
LOL
Does the cars have copyright?, did you win money because the cars? only if you win money because of the car you can say that the car is stolen, but if you win money, Sony and F1 will demand you.
so your cars, the car is not propiety of one person, it is propiety of Internet since you upload it, but i only critized leeching if someone say that the car is all of him while the car is from other person, but to adapt a car based in an old one putting the name of the other person in the readme, title... with, or without permision for me that is not leeching
EDIT i forgot it Lol -9999999999999999999999^99999999

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2007 07:26PM by julk.
Date: March 10, 2007 07:26PM
jpmfw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No pluses here, you know my feelings Jim,and to be
> honest, i`m surprised you`ve changed your view so
> quick."hypacrit" springs to mind,everyone is quick
> enough to take sides,then ,when it comes to
> it,everyone takes the majority, i stand by Kyran,
> and Lee,Enough said

I agree with this aswell, I said before here it is really just going down hill.
Date: March 10, 2007 07:37PM
Posted by: Spoony
Sony and F1 will don`t demand you. Did you ever see models sell on 3d I-netsites?? Yeah there are a lot of model maker they sell them for money. And nobody demand them. If you do it complete from scratch mean Shape and Textures and don`t use the real sponsor logos (copy and paste) there is no prob.
I always read "why not take already an existent shape and modify"?? What about "why not try to do it from scratch and don`t use existent one". There is always the other side who make it wrong. Why i say it`s only one way not release the cars and nobody could leech it doesn`t mean don`t do anything. IMO the shapers and painters will always work on it cause they like it and not to sell them self like the best or the fastest one. And to help others and get help from others thats what community means. To destroy a community or get modders leaving is the wrong way. If it happens on the other side and users from this board would leech work from others would they be happy about it??
Think always in both ways and not only how it is now.
Date: March 10, 2007 07:44PM
Posted by: phoenix.pl
julk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL
> Does the cars have copyright?, did you win money
> because the cars? only if you win money because of
> the car you can say that the car is stolen, but if
> you win money, Sony and F1 will demand you.
> so your cars, the car is not propiety of one
> person, it is propiety of Internet since you
> upload it, but i only critized leeching if someone
> say that the car is all of him while the car is
> from other person, but to adapt a car based in an
> old one putting the name of the other person in
> the readme, title... with, or without permision
> for me that is not leeching
> EDIT i forgot it Lol
> -9999999999999999999999^99999999

I think that you never did something alone, from scratch you didn't spent time to make something, you don't have respect for someone's work.
about stealing i mean that he stole my work, my time and put his name on it do you think it is ok ? if yes i'm sorry for you ...
is it so hard to ask someone for using NOT his car (work) for updating ?

For example, at work if you create some idea and then someone will use YOUR idea as a base for his work without asking you or even mensioning you,
in your point of view you shouldn't be angry ... well i would like to see you in such situation and your reaction ...

PS
No one wan't to earn money here, everyone are doing this for free and for all of us !! just show a little respect for their work, maybe all great shapers and painters here should stop doing cars, i'm courious how for example people from "gp4spain" will make their mod, how much time it will take and how it will look (quality)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2007 07:54PM by phoenix.pl.
Date: March 10, 2007 07:51PM
i answered jpmfw similar in a pm.....

when i read the honda post...i was a pissed off as most...
then people where saying they where off....i was in agreement.
i read some other posts saying this site & community was being damaged by
people jumping ship & going to other sites....fair enough....this statement pissed me off too....i know whats behind that one...

but on the same post i re-read parts & could see a little logic...
some i'm don't agree with but thats life...
this site has gone down hill....i've offered some solid advice in ignore the leechers when they post....report em to admin....

thanks for the post jpmfw...
Date: March 10, 2007 07:59PM
Posted by: jpmfw
Tell it how it is, no one`s sparing any truth, you either go one way, or the other, as i`ve already said, there`s no middle ground.And i stick by what i`ve said, i will back Kyran,Lee and every other Authour that`s been mis treated.If you can`t take the truth, don`t start the damn fight

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2007 08:01PM by jpmfw.
Date: March 10, 2007 08:10PM
Posted by: julk
if you sell a F1 model that you make, for example a very realistic Mp4 22 they will demand you.
i have respect for the people that didn´t ofend me, if i gonna make a car based on (fw28 by miturasano) i will ask him first, but if he didn´t give me the permision because of this car is exclusive for XXX mod and only they are going to modify it, I will modify it, because, i will not stop my proyects because his (theorical)selfish.
in the other hand, you can donwload gp4spain mod if you wanted, but you are not obligated to download it, if you like to play with a program that erase your files, do it, you are free to choise, but we are too, and thats our desition
If you are going to leave this forum to continue copyrighting the cars, you can do it, but i think that it is the worst desition.
Date: March 10, 2007 08:14PM
Posted by: Spoony
No they wouldn`t demand you. Only if you use the model from them and modify it and make money for your self. The same like here but without money.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy