Gp.org

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Gp.org
Date: March 11, 2007 12:34PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Mayby the forum needs more ACTIVE moderators then is my opinion :-)
Date: March 11, 2007 01:53PM
Posted by: alejandrolazcoz
Date: March 11, 2007 01:57PM
alejandrolazcoz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [en.wikipedia.org]

LOL good one !
Date: March 11, 2007 02:01PM
Posted by: Itchi
alejandrolazcoz Wrote:
> [en.wikipedia.org]

[en.wikipedia.org]
Date: March 11, 2007 02:05PM
Posted by: _Erix_
Thank you, Mortal. I will start using the report button as we all should do.

Alejandro, that's what I meant ;-)

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: March 11, 2007 02:15PM
Posted by: raulongo
The point is... The author make the "product" and shares it, but the author don't want to be payed with money. He want to be payed with RESPECT.. I think is the way we can pay them... If we don't pay them with this respect, we're stealing his / her work. If you go to a SuperMarket and take something without pay, sure that you'll be caught by the Security... I dunno if you understand my point, but I'm sick of leechers all the time... Copyright... Copyleft... This entrance is way better than anything...

[en.wikipedia.org]

Cheers.

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: March 11, 2007 02:23PM
Posted by: ralv585
i dont think its just about respect or copyright, if you look at it from another perspective, the modders are creating things from scratch, so they can quite fairly call their work, their baby.

what these leechers are, are baby snatchers, they take the "baby" and do what they will with it, but if they ask for permission, ie to "adopt the baby" then the author can be more happy because they know their "baby will be in safe hands"

its also down to quality, i'm sure if i modifed a car, but it looked crap, and i ask for permission to release it, i would fully expect the author to deny me, just becuase it wouldn't do the original work justice.

so when authors deny you permission, its not just because they are greedy or selfish, its because they want to see their baby grow, and so only trust a few really talented people to do it.

Date: March 11, 2007 02:26PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Bigbrother schreef:
> Mayby the forum needs more ACTIVE moderators then
> is my opinion :-)

I'm visiting this forum very often so i basically have the time to be a moderator to support this forum when needed, but it's up to the current moderators to deicide for extra moderators.

Still i find this forum a nice place to find out new releases, shame that a small group of leechers are causing people to leave this forum and/or GP4 who developed GP4 to a much higher level.

I'm staying here for sure, the majority of the people are great, who do appreciate the work of the modders and giving help/support when needed.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: March 11, 2007 02:47PM
Well i am here also daily and this forum was one of the first for updates for gp3 and gp4. Now alot of other forums or website are coming alive, which is a good thing but we must not forget that it all started here.

The forum and community is still very good its only people like Julk and some new members that wants files yesterday that are the problem. The first problem with leechers is easy: ignore them cause they take joy of fights. About the second problem if we say a few times to people that ask for downloads that are in wip or something like that, it will be released when finished they will get the point very fast.
Date: March 11, 2007 03:44PM
Posted by: FernandoVG
Quite easy. Let the stupid leechers do their jobs. And in a few months the shapers and painters wouldn't do anything new and then they (leechers) won't have nothing new to release in ''their names''. Sad. Very sad. It doesn't cost nothing asking someone to use their work.
Date: March 11, 2007 03:50PM
Posted by: Great.M.Surfer
In my opinion it gpg.org would be a much interesting place if all the new downloads could be downloaded here to, I'm uploading my stuff to this place and I think it would be cool if all the authors would do that. So, not only at gp4db and gp4world but also here. It isn't an offence to these site but more people would visit this forum to because they know it's all made here if you know what i mean :)
Date: March 11, 2007 03:56PM
Posted by: jbnd05
It feels sad to see that people are disagreeing, but I have to say, I side totally with the great people who make these works of art, because I wish I was half as talented as them. If you are a leecher, I think it shows that you are seeking attention basically. All I hope is that this doesn't break up a brilliant forum of 99.9% great people, its just the few who push it too far.
Date: March 11, 2007 04:15PM
Posted by: Nickv
I totally agree with everybody who fights against leeching. But everybody who complains about how absent mods are, shouldn't wait till they arrive themselves, but hit the report message button a bit more often.
Date: March 11, 2007 04:58PM
Great.M.Surfer Wrote:
> In my opinion it gpg.org would be a much
> interesting place if all the new downloads could
> be downloaded here to, I'm uploading my stuff to
> this place and I think it would be cool if all the
> authors would do that. So, not only at gp4db and
> gp4world but also here. It isn't an offence to
> these site but more people would visit this forum
> to because they know it's all made here if you
> know what i mean :)

The problem is not that there are no much files are stored in this database surfer, the problem is about leechers and mostly new members that are so impatient to have no files and asking for releases when authors just started on the job. If you store files here or somewhere else leecher will find them and change it anyway but getting into fights with them thats what they want and enjoy. The one thread were it begon was closed and look how fast julk came in this one and started again, thats the point. Second new members need to have more patient and not asking for releases. It always has been released when it was finished or a beta version to give feedback to authors. But since a few months you see people asking, somethings even demanding to release work that is even in very early wip and thats must stop! If a file is ready to be released it will be announced in here and other places so everybody can see it and thats also a reason that storing files at different websites is a good thing also like that if a link goes dead there are backups at other places !!!

Nickv wrote:

I totally agree with everybody who fights against leeching. But everybody who complains about how absent mods are, shouldn't wait till they arrive themselves, but hit the report message button a bit more often.

Yeah you can hit that button but with a site this big with so many users and different forums is 3 active moderators too many in my opinion.
Date: March 11, 2007 05:32PM
Yeah ofcourse Big Bro, you're abosultely right. But when people say they don't come to gpg.org is that only because of some people? I find it hard to believe... And some years ago you could get everything here, now you'll have to search down the net to find something (f.e that new Spyker livery). And i think it would be nice and cool when authors release their files here too :)
Date: March 11, 2007 08:26PM
well that erix released his midland and spyker livery here but the files are not in this database but there is a thread here about it, more then enough. All the links to download the files are in that thread, if people would take the time to read and search then they wouldn't have to search all over the net after things. 95 % of the stuff that gets released, i mean ACE quality stuff is announced here and download links are in those threads with several hosts like gp4world, tony's site, gp4 italia, ...

I am head of the download section at gp4world and almost every file that has been released there or available is there has been put in threads here. There were already complains of people that i was making to much advertising for gp4world in here and i only ask premission to host files and put links in threads and they complain so get real. I don't care about those complains, i do my job like it should be done and thats final. Let them complain, i won't let my sleep over it and at the end of the day alot of others are glad to be able to download the files we provide and thats why i love to do this intensive job.
Date: March 11, 2007 09:08PM
Ofcourse, I know what you do and who you're :) And that's very good and no problem at all, but when people say that gpg.org isn't populair anymore or anything like that I want to stop people to leave here and that could be done with a larger download section in my opinion :)
Date: March 11, 2007 10:14PM
Well, I'll explain my point of view.

The copyright only takes effect paying it (300€ more or less), but making a car for GP4 hasn't copyright. If you make a car for a game, you haven't its rights.

Therefore, you can modify cars without any permission of the original author, and then publish them on all the forums you want.

So DJVass and Eshummi (for example) can modify and publish the new Honda 2007 using the original Kizz 2006 Honda without any problems, I think it only helps the community, but always being polite and saying that the original author was Kizz and thanking him.

It's my opinion, authors can argue but in the end they cannot do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2007 10:31PM by alejandrolazcoz.
Date: March 11, 2007 10:35PM
Posted by: Paco
alejandrolazcoz Wrote:
> It's my opinion, authors can argue but in the end
> they cannot do anything.

that's where you're wrong, they might not be able to do anything legally, but they certainly can stop making cars/helmets/tracks/etc and then leechers won't have anything to edit, it's simple as that.

I'm against sigpics
Date: March 11, 2007 10:43PM
That's the problem, and I think they are wrong, but I respect their ideas.

I don't agree with you, those leechers could make every year new versions based on the last year's work or do the car from scratch (they don't do it because it's faster modifying an old version).

I have never understood why not letting people modify other's cars if they aren't breaking the law.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy