Gp.org

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Gp.org
Date: March 10, 2007 08:21PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
julk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i will ask him first,

but this is a right start mate ;) you will ask, and this is the only thing that 99% of author want. then the "autorization" is sure in 99%. But many time there is someone that doesn't ask.. and this is what is wrong. Asking first, it is free :D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2007 08:38PM by 32BOBO32.
Date: March 10, 2007 08:31PM
Posted by: ZaZ
julk Wrote:
> i have respect for the people that didn´t ofend
> me, if i gonna make a car based on (fw28 by
> miturasano) i will ask him first, but if he
> didn´t give me the permision because of this car
> is exclusive for XXX mod and only they are going
> to modify it, I will modify it, because, i will
> not stop my proyects because his
> (theorical)selfish.

I can't believe there are people like you. You ask, but there's only 1 correct answer. If you always behave like this you must have a great life don't you. And how on earth do you dare to call people selfish, who release cars and other stuff for FREE for you to use ?!
If you are not able to understand that, you might want to take some advice and suck a tailpipe. It will be best for everyone.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: March 10, 2007 08:35PM
Posted by: jpmfw
It`s MITSURO SANO you illiterate fool

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: March 10, 2007 08:39PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
funny how this @#$%& happens....

remember this in post number 1...

" @ admin...please remove these offensive posts as soon as they appear.
give more support to the members producing works..
make it 100 % clear there is a zero tolerance to leeched works on this site."

where are the admin to look after these posts.....

i 'm getting a real eye opener tonight as to what gp 4 community means...
Date: March 10, 2007 08:41PM
means nothing jim, it seems that Admin let it run and run, excuse my behaviour, i was just curious to see how long it was before a mod or Admin jumped in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: March 10, 2007 08:43PM
yep......seeing that now....i'm removing my rose tinted glasses now...
note to admin.....this is why @#$%& happens...& members leave.

btw.if jpmfw does get his little ass banned....you can ban me as well...
Date: March 10, 2007 08:43PM
your wasting your breath here jim,theres no point even saying anything to them,like they care anyway..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2007 08:44PM by lee1971.
Date: March 10, 2007 08:44PM
My point has been proved,beyond doubt.

Date: March 10, 2007 08:50PM
don't know why i bothered....thats my fault....
i only did this to get that community spirit & you get people
saying the same old crap about justifying taking someone elses work..
looking for a brick wall to bang my head up against..
Date: March 10, 2007 08:57PM
thats why i said what i had to say and left,its a total waste of time and effort and i wont lose any sleep about leaving this place....
Date: March 10, 2007 09:17PM
Posted by: Ruboy
julk Wrote:
> (theorical)selfish.

Then please sit down for long three or four (maybe even more) months and build a car or track from scratch and then repeat your statements you just wrote. If it is so simple as you think then prove it, please. We are waiting.

Date: March 10, 2007 09:24PM
Posted by: Monza972
jimbob1 Wrote:
> yep......seeing that now....i'm removing my rose
> tinted glasses now...
> note to admin.....this is why @#$%& happens...&
> members leave.
>
> btw.if jpmfw does get his little ass banned....you
> can ban me as well...

You ban Paolo and Jim, ban me aswell
________________________________________________________________________________

julk Wrote:
> (theorical)selfish.

Have you ever tried to make a track or any damn thing of gp4 by urself? and by scratch i mean not just edit stuff. Coz i know, i'm a noob in all aspects of gp4 except for fantasy helmets. Its because you need patience, to create a masterpiece you think people who create tracks for you to use (FREE BTW!!) just do them in 1hr? u must be 1 hell of a crazy dweeb! You do not know how many they redo them just because it doesnt look proper because if they didnt people like you would start saying "oh look that track doesnt look proper because... [enter some stupid reason here]." I tried to create a track once, and you can ask everyone at GP4W, it never looked right because i needed patience. If i keep going you go to sleep... so i aint wasting my energy.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2007 07:11PM by Monza972.
Date: March 10, 2007 10:32PM
Posted by: julk
Believe me. I am no illiterate.

Ill make my best to make clear my two points here:

1.- Everything we do, it is based in the work of those that lived and worked before us. We do not do anything new. We couldnt open a computer if somebody would not have discovered electricity. So, working from the work of another human is not leeching, it is just human nature. Of course we should credit those that set the foundations we build on, but I think we should grant the right to use our work as long as it is for the benefit of all the community and nobody is going to make money from it. Once again, the original author should be credited for his work in a clear and permanent way. It took myself a lot of time to paint my mp-422, and I would certainly appreciae that anyone using it would credit me. However, I wouldnt dream of preventing it to be used by anyone that wants to, unless he is willing to make money with it.

2.- As to make money from it, Formula1 is a trade mark. You cannot use anything that is protected under this mark for your benefit, unless you get a licence from the rightsholder. It does not mind how accurate or how original is your work. If you wanna use anything regarding formula1 for your benefit, you have to pay for it or risk be taken to court.

I dont think these views are offensive, or they lack respect for those who give their time, care and work to make a better simulation for all us. I do not think I deserve to be banned, as I have been threatened by dann, just because of respectfully posting my opinion, although it might not be the same as most posts here. However, I am willing to correct my post in what might be offensive, if shown.
Date: March 10, 2007 11:13PM
Posted by: _Erix_
There's a thing called "copyright". All you say seem to make sense but in the end it doesn't. We're not talking about trademarks or patents. When you create something you are the intellectual owner of that product. When someone releases it without (any given) permission, it's theft. No matter how popular you get, how many hours you've put into it or how big the demand is. The only right you have as a user is that you can modify it the way you like for personal use only.

To keep a community healthy, you need healthy members. It always hurts me to see healthy members leave when a desease invades. Seeing Paolo, Lee, Zeppelin and Kyran leaving hurts me even more since they are such great people and always made me proud to be a member of this forum.

I won't leave, I had many reasons in the past to do so, believe me. I do however, feel the moderators are too absent. Will is doing a nice job, but he can't do this all by himself. In all these years no mod stood up for me or any of the other gp4devs whenever we were in the line of fire. That's ok for me, I can handle my share but it damages the spirit of the community.

Keep the community healthy by respecting the talents that make this a community.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: March 10, 2007 11:32PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
am I missing something in here or...? BTW paolo, whats the link of that site your on again? lost the link:S

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2007 11:35PM by Iceman-Kimi.
Date: March 10, 2007 11:35PM
Posted by: Isaint
I totally agree with you Erix, I have been following Gp4 for many years but have only recently had the priviliage of actually contributing to the community.
People have been very helpfull some amongst those that are departing from GP4.
It is sad thatI have to see so many good people leaving, people that I regard as my peers within the modifieng world of GP4 yourself included Erix.

I know that they all have their own reasons for taking this action. My desire is that some day things may change again for the better and that reason prevailing .... we may once again be able to persuade these monuments of talent to return back to the comminty.

Regards ....Isaint.
Date: March 11, 2007 03:15AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
I totally support the mod makers and the guys who take the time to create stuff for us in this sim. I am in complete agreement with Erix, however I fear what we see here is symptomatic of society in general these days, not just the GP4 community.

It IS a respect issue, but also an issue of what is morally right and wrong. I would never dream of using someone's work without their permission, but this concept is completely lost on many individuals.

Someone who is amoral simply doesn't understand the difference between right and wrong, or if they do, they simply don't care.

Not making excuses for anyone, simply pointing out something I see every day in the real world... :(

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: March 11, 2007 03:38AM
Posted by: Isaint
Excellantly put ........ it seems the way of the world for sure.
The values that most of us were brought up with seems completely alien and out of place in the world we live in today .... this has obviously played a big part in the mentality of certain people when in comes to recognizing certain morals and obligations ..... unfortuneately, you may as well be speaking another language.

This my friend, is how arguments are initiated, fights are instigated and ....
ultimately wars are agrevated ..... through the mindless process of pure ignorance!!
Date: March 11, 2007 11:12AM
Posted by: mortal
Interesting post, With regard to admin, there are only three active moderators working the forums. Therefore it is an impossible task to read every post. We rely on post reports to alert us of an objectionable post which is usually acted on as soon as the report is seen.
We are here, when you want us, and I personally do my utmost to support the mod makers and their rights to their intellectual property by shutting down threads, removing links to works that have used the property of others without due permission and closing the accounts of serial offenders. On a forum such as this little else can be done and I'm sure you are all well aware of that.
Everyone should be aware that without the modders our beloved GP4 would be gathering dust on a shelf, instead of constantly being given a new lease of life.
To read in this post that applauds our community and its modders that a user would be only too happy to use anothers work/s without permission is a sad state of affairs. If a modder denies the use of his work it is his right, not (sic)(theoretical) selfishness. There are many reasons why use would be denied, and selfishness is not amongst them. For example,some modders choose to do work for addition to a particular work, as part of a package or season release.
It is also about due respect, for the hours of labour, the time spent hunched over a keyboard and mousepad creating the work which we all crave to see.
Give up a few weeks of your own precious time and then sit by and watch as someone steals your work from you, modifies it in ten minutes or so and then markets it as his own.
The door is over there, maybe you should use it, such comments are not welcome in our community place. Close it behind you when you leave. I won't bother shaming you any more than is neccesary by putting your ID in here, everyone knows who you are anyway.
mortal gpg.org moderator.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 11, 2007 11:33AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy