Re: Honda 2007
Date: March 09, 2007 05:27PM
Posted by: skojpe
WOW!!,nice and beatiful car. It will be the next car on my cars.wad
Date: March 09, 2007 05:36PM
Posted by: mismi
Please show a bit of respect skojpe.
You can't have such words after all that have been written.
Date: March 09, 2007 05:41PM
Posted by: MARSALA
This is exactly what I mean by Comments, Respect of others works
and we the Public suffer.
PLease ask, for mere RESPECT.
BASTA!
Date: March 09, 2007 05:50PM
Posted by: Spidey
It makes me very sad that things like that happens so often :(

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”
Date: March 09, 2007 06:18PM
Posted by: Isaint
Such ignorance, ..... you minority bunch of takers and you know who you are!!
Skojpe .. you think the car would look good in your wad? ... Hope so because it looks like there won't be many more cars made in the future. You better start makeing them yourself, see how easy it is!!
It's sad that because of a few selfish people the rest will ultimately suffer.
These guys that are leaving will make these cars and place them in their own wads people like you Penza and Skojpe will only understand then.
All because of the sake of a 'Please' or 'Thankyou!!' You just take ... don't care where it comes from or what it took to get it to you, just so long as you have it in your wad!!
Maybe if all these shapers decided you would have to pay for their art you might look at it a little different!

Maybe we should introduce membership ( brotherhood )downloads only, the shapers know who their loyal public are ..... you don't get a membership ... you don't get a car ...... see what happens then???

All for the sake of a little consideration towards the people that spend so much time and effort trying to ensure your on- going pleasure!! Frigging Joke!!"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2007 06:20PM by Isaint.
Date: March 09, 2007 06:40PM
Posted by: madotteя
That membership idea is a great idea tbh, but all it takes is one weak link to start passing/uploading the files around...

I remember back when I first joined here and we had an amazing group of shapers and painters and to see so many going really makes me sad. Things were different back then, sure we had all the latest cars but it was nicer to see the whole forum as a group working together. Leeching/stealing has always been a problem but not like it is now. Whoever said it is down to the "MUST HAVE IT NOW" theory is absolutly correct. Things did take longer back then but we ended up with quality cars. The main thing I have noticed now is a daily income of "RELEASE IT NOW" and constant harrassment to the people who give up they're time. I think we all need to get together and think about how we can sort this out before we lose anymore of our users here.

Iain
Date: March 09, 2007 07:13PM
Posted by: Isaint
Iain I totally agree I don't see why we should have to give way to these people,
after all it is our community ................
Date: March 09, 2007 11:49PM
Posted by: stipe
After all this words I must speak too. First it is very sad to hear comments like this (from people whom not respect others HARD work). And I very good know this sort of problem because I come from state/country where autors rights still not function and so on...
But I can't understand people who get these great add-ons for FREE and at least they can give respect for autors work. Is it that so hard to give just little respect and thankful for these great modders?

P.S. Sorry for my English (and I wrote this in affect)

VERY SAD, SAD, SAD...
Date: March 10, 2007 12:54AM
Posted by: Spoony
Isaint schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Iain I totally agree I don't see why we should
> have to give way to these people,
> after all it is our community ................

But thats the only way. If nothing get public there is nothing to leech.
And on the other side i would like to know what djvass and the others think about that.
Date: March 10, 2007 01:35AM
Posted by: KORG
Hm...Thank you GP4 Spain for destroy the GPG Community thats all coz of you.
Date: March 10, 2007 02:14AM
Posted by: vesuvius
yeah community is destroyed :( well I will leave next month .
Date: March 10, 2007 03:00AM
Posted by: Craigo
wat a pile of shite build ur own car, what uve done takes 2 mins, imo thats just kizz'z work ever so ever slightly modified. PURE BOTCH JOB!!!!!

Date: March 10, 2007 03:07AM
Posted by: Dave123
I would NEVER leech/steal/modify a GP4 car/mod without the authors permission because I totally respect the fact that so many people in the GP4 community have spent hours and hours making the game better for all of us.

BUT.....if you have ever downloaded music WITHOUT paying for it, or downloaded software or games from any filesharing program then you're a bit of a HYPOCRITE to accuse someone of leeching YOUR work.

I know leeching is a bit different to downloading software for free, but they're both still examples of stealing.

The sad fact of life is - if you release ANYTHING on the internet, it will eventually be pirated, modyfied, released and distrubuted without the authors express permission. Its sad, but true. Modders should realise that most of us in the GP4 community (especially those of us who reguarly use the forums) are aware of who the d%#khead leechers are and who the real authors are.

Keep up the good work guys.

By the way: While I would like for this Honda to be released, you have to respect the fact that its KIZZ's car and he is the one who has spent so much time on it - it's his car and it should be totally up to him as to weather it is released or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2007 03:13AM by Dave123.
Date: March 10, 2007 03:41AM
Posted by: Craigo
Leaching is always gonna happen, just dont come around here saying things are urs when there not!! end of!! think i want out to so dont expect to see much of me ne more whether im here much or not!!

Date: March 10, 2007 05:20AM
Posted by: kewell_fever
Dave123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would NEVER leech/steal/modify a GP4 car/mod
> without the authors permission
um u dont need permission to leech or steal. XD. and the authors wont give u permission to leech or steal.XD

Date: March 10, 2007 05:42AM
Posted by: JPM2002
As someone who modifies a lot of stuff for myself or for release with permission I have to say you people don't seem to understand that those modified stuff takes (a lot) of time to make too. Of course, it's easier as you begin from a base, but still.

And like a lot of people, I really would want this modified car to be released also, but I agree that as long as Kizz doesn't give permission, it can't be officially released of course... What I don't understand Kizz, is why you don't give any permission. I'm not attacking you here, but I'm wondering what the reason is...

Greetz, JPM2002
Date: March 10, 2007 05:48AM
Posted by: kewell_fever
jpm, thats also what i have been wondering.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2007 05:51AM by kewell_fever.
Date: March 10, 2007 06:52AM
Posted by: b-tone
Why is everyone saying GPG now sucks and they're all leaving?
This looks like one group stealing and being proud of it, and they come here to wind up the members here. Just ignore them. Do you think heading off to some other forum and releasing your work there will stop leeching?
Leeching is something that will always happen. Usually it can be sorted out nicely but theres always some who will be proud to rip others off. So do you stop doing some thing you enjoy just because of one bunch of disrespectful people?
Our great leader would waffle something about letting the leechers win.
The last few weeks we've seen the release of an STR, a Midland and two Ferraris (one beta) that have been outstanding quality and I am more than happy to wait till next March to get 2007 versions of the same cars. Leechers survive through demand and with peoples support. I won't be downloading any new cars that are either leeched, or propbably not even the ones based on Teraur's cars.
I'm going to be happy using hte 2006 mods post season set for my 2007 season, and I'll update it when the real cars are released. Maybe I'll have a go at some liveries myself, or maybe some of the authors of 06 cars will release updates, but a nice old car is better than a leeched new one.
The point... don't support leeching.

Back to my first point about GPG, this site has been up probably for over 10 years and its been my GPx home from day one and I'd like to thin kit always will be.
I don't know Stephan but he's done an amazing job to provide us with this place, not to mention the others involved with keeping the site up (Bruno, tux, dave ellis, mortal, vader, morbid and many others) so if you think leaving here will solve the problems then try to leave quietly and show some respect for Stephan and the crew that have provided this free place for so long.
Don't take every bad thing as an excuse to kill GPG. GPG bashing has always been popular with departing members and I've always hated to see people trying to drag the ship down with them.

As for GP4Spain, the way you guys carry on is very sad and pretty unnecessary. I don't think theres some big war between you and GPG. Theres a small group here who bite at your flames but there's a much larger group who don't. Why not try to be nice?
It sems alot of your work is based on other authors work so why constantly antagonise them? Why not ask for permission? Build up some good relationships? I'm sure, even after all the crap, theres is still room to work together - one thing I've noticed about the people at GPG is that they are very willing to forget the past and move on.

On a personal note I hate leeching as much as anyone and have worked with Zaz on file locks and other anti leeching things. I don't like the idea of locks. I'd hate to download something and not be able to view it in photoshop or zmodeler, but thats stilla better option than not downloading it.
I'm not sure exactly how the lock is but the idea is to make it non CSM dependable so maybe some should try that?

And the final word - really ;) - last year we saw a heap of new stuff released, and I can see atleast 4 or 5 really great mods on the horizon, I have beta versions of about 6 or 8 stunning tracks too, and guess where you'll here about the release first :)

____
Tony

Date: March 10, 2007 09:16AM
Posted by: fast_alonso
Well said Tony :)

I'm with you, we should hold together instead of leaving. It's sad what they do but don't ya think our community is much more importend?

IMO all of us found great personalities in here and I'm not ready to give my friends up coz of such guys.

Please stay here and think about what is more importend for you, I've said more than one times, that I'll never do anything for gp4, but evertime i came back, coz it is really great to give something to the community and to know who you are! ;-)

--> 2 times Worldchampion 2oo5 & 2oo6' <--

Date: March 10, 2007 10:43AM
Posted by: Itchi
The permissions were created for something, to deny them.

I believe that djvass and e_shummi use the honda of kizz it is an honor for kizz because with it they are saying that they use his car because they think that it is the best. I kown that goes a lot of time about doing a car but that matters for him that someone takes and updates it a bit to the new season?

This 2007 car has stayed good and it will make more short the wait to which it goes out deep 2007.

You says that the permissions always give, but enough authors deny them because they are in sole right for other mods. With alone it I see that tries to be favored to friends and to certain communities. This way we will achieve that it is monopolized the one who does the mods

I believe that as there does Teraur, which has allowed that anyone should modify or uses his cars without permission, alone that puts his name in the readme saying that the car should base it´s Teraur´s. In my opinion this way in order that the community grows.

In others games people can use the other authors works and they only have to put in the readme the original author.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2007 10:49AM by Itchi.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy