Honda 2007

Posted by davidcoulthard 
Re: Honda 2007
Date: March 09, 2007 10:22AM
Posted by: ImRa
Craigo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wwwooooowwww 99.9% of it is kizz's car ;)

lol, prove it

jajajajajjajaja.

If you dont like it, please, dont download it...
Date: March 09, 2007 11:08AM
Posted by: kizz
well you do not have my permission to release it im afraid
Date: March 09, 2007 12:11PM
Posted by: ImRa
kizz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well you do not have my permission to release it
> im afraid

And? you'll take us to the courts??lol

Sorry, as I said a lot of times before, I understand you permissions filosophy, but, If someone makes such a great car, like this honda, with your base shape... you must be proud of that. Tell me, you really think, someone in the net could maka a better RA107 than this?? then... what matters the "permission", if this great car would be enjoy for hundreds of people in the net?

Of course you wont understand me, i know... but, that's the truth, a you must to handle it...
Date: March 09, 2007 12:54PM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
I kinda of agree with ImRa here. Feel proud that your creation is being used. This is meant to be a community, and I'm no doubt gonna get FLAMED for saying this, but if you dont want your material to be re-used, modded by others, so long as they have said, "Hey, I've used so and so's shape/skin as a base! Cheer you lot!" then why release your work to a community for others not to use it or modify it.

Its like a commuinty garden. No point in planting a tree, and just letting it sit there. People are gonna wanna use the tree to shade from the sun, or pick berries from it. You cant really turn round and say, oi, no. Cause why plant the tree in the first place.

Hope that makes some sence!

People who do blatenly rip of peoples work, and say, "IT WAS ALL ME!" they are the people who dont respect the community of GP4.
Date: March 09, 2007 02:07PM
Posted by: kizz
well its all down to courtesy, its the done thing not only on this forum but in general across the whole modding community for every game. yes you make a valid point imra but ive only just found out about this mod to my honda and now its getting released whether i like it or not which really puts the current gp4 modding scene into perspective.

put yourself in my shoes, ive along time learning zmod, then shaping the honda and then mapping and painting the car, all of which is my work , which have spent my time to make a car for people to use in gp4. now djvass and e_schumi have come along and spent a short amount of time 'updating my car' and are now seem to be releasing it whether i like it or not and that really annoys me.

now i know that these two people can use zmod, and they can actually shape, so why don't they start the car from scratch rather than quickly update my car. i know that it takes a longer period to shape a car from scratch but the end result is much nicer and generally more accurate. its down to the fact that everyone here wants everything yesterday, they want a car as soon as they see it and they don't care what they do to get it. this seems to be turning gpg into and quick edit, shape updates etc community and compared to a community that wants to shape its own car's and develop their own skills.

and on that note i say goodbye to gpg, i've had some good times in the past but more recently ive had enough of this place and im moving to a nicer, more friendly forum where people are respected and actually get on with each other.
Date: March 09, 2007 02:15PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
it is unfortunate that some people disregard your commitment and hard work. i could only dream to make a car anywhere as good as your RA106! its unfortunate that you are leaving, but hopefully we will still see you around sometimes

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 09, 2007 02:18PM
Posted by: Spectryym
It is almost impossible to get this to court becosue you can't really find somebody over the internet specially not for a skin that have been edited...I acctually think that It's just rediculos becouse they how paint does it for everybody and I guess that they how don't want to download this Honda Ra107 don't do it and those how want to wait for E-Schumi to get ready will wait, have a little competision so E_schumi dont do whatever he wants to and release a crap project when you have some goals then i think it will be much better GAME! :)
Date: March 09, 2007 02:38PM
Posted by: Isaint
Well speaking as someone who has often updated other authors cars, I have to say that Kizz is right. If we don't show a little respect then what's the point?
I have often asked for permission and been given it!! I could not release work based on anothers sweat witout them agreeing where is the satisfaction in that.
Pretty soon every one will be plaguerising every body elses work and then ....?
More and more shapers, painters, track makers will leave the community.
Kizz is also correct when he says that Djvass @ Shummi are capable shapers in their own right. They have produced a brilliant car that most people would not want to touch and I applaud them for that but the point is, it would not have been possible to construct it that quickly without the hard work of KIzz.
What is wrong with asking for permission? I my self, asked Shummi for permission to use his Ferrari ... what is wrong with a little bit of politeness.
I'll say this and it's for the whole community .....
People like Kizz do not need this community they are already established in their own right they can go any where and model for themselves, the hard truth is that we need people like kizz if we don't start supporting our community and back individuals like Kizz 100% you will all be back to waiting a whole year for cars because these guys will all leave. A little loyalty goes a long way ...
I suggest we find some before it is too late!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2007 02:40PM by Isaint.
Date: March 09, 2007 02:43PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
100% agree, show some respect and loyality.
Date: March 09, 2007 02:49PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
It will never happen,some people just dont know the meaning of the word respect and like kizz says he spent so long making a great car why should people come along and make quick update all because they cant be bothered to do it properly,all the respect has gone from here...it sucks in my opinion...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2007 02:59PM by lee1971.
Date: March 09, 2007 03:03PM
Posted by: Spoony
Kizz asked me to use my Bar006 as Base for the Bar007 and i gave him the permission. So why djvass and the other 2 or 3 guys well known doesn`t ask?? Also you must think about the community in the other way. So see the modders could make the shapes and sell them with license. But who will buy it and if all fair modders are do that what happen to the community?? I think without the respect for the modders the using alot of private time to make such great work the community will die. Think about it ImRa. It`s easy to say "who cares about it" but without shapes done from scratch what could be modified??
Date: March 09, 2007 03:11PM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
I dont wanna get into this argument, but, why reinvent the wheel? Like I said, so long as the respective people pay tribute to the fact that they've used something as a basis to their work, why go off and reinvent the wheel to achieve the same goal. I work in a design office, and work is done by loads of different people who all take a long time to model gas racks, and pallets and argricultural equipment. But if modifications are required, we dont go rebuilding the whole product again. Besides, it's only a skin is it not? So why the true hatred for this to be released? I'm not sure I understand this argument anymore.
Date: March 09, 2007 03:19PM
Posted by: jpmfw
Totally agree with Kizz,Spoony & Lee,everyone else puts the work in, then someone else blatantly takes it and uses it (usually badly) with no regard for the original Modder.Sadly it seems that no one gives a damn anymore,all it takes is a lil respect for the original authour.It`s a great shame that it seems to have infested this Forum,and that as a result people are leaving not only the Forum,but GP4 also

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: March 09, 2007 03:44PM
Posted by: madotteя
ImRa + others, I think if you (if it's your car here) and all the others that have taken this work without asking would just show so respect and give a proper appology and honestly show that you understand why it's wrong to do what you have done i'm sure Kizz would give you permission to release your updates. I don't know Kizz personally but I do know he is a fair guy, there arn't many people out there who would spend hours and even days on a project for this community. I think we all need to take a look again and see that if we all play fair then it makes the forum a nicer place and more and more users/shapers/painters will not keep leaving.

Iain
Date: March 09, 2007 04:44PM
Posted by: alex_penza
WWWWWOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!!!!!!! waiting for release
Date: March 09, 2007 04:52PM
a perfect example of the lack of respect for the authors work...im outta here too.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2007 05:03PM by lee1971.
Date: March 09, 2007 05:03PM
Posted by: welshjim22
Look people whilst its not the end of the world we are a week from the real F1 season starting and i am very impressed to see almost all cars avilable even if just updated textures or slightly modded old ones. We should all be greatful.

To all the creators Thank you.

Helmet Courtesy of Dangerous.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0, ASUS P5N32-SLI E
896MB nVIDIA GeForce BFG 260GTX OC, 19"SONY SDM-HS95PR
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Date: March 09, 2007 05:05PM
Posted by: jpmfw
The latter me thinks,one of the reasons Mini left was because of this attitude, it`s the reason more have and it`s the reason Kyran`s left, i suspect Lee too will be thinking the same,and i am for damn sure.The community isn`t a community anymore

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: March 09, 2007 05:06PM
I agree with Lee totally, and from my view this place is just a bloody mess with the exception of a few members.
I'm officially out of here too.

Best Regards,

Mike.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2007 05:07PM by HondaF1Fan.
Date: March 09, 2007 05:08PM
Posts like this really are so disapointing to read..first off how many times does it need to be said please ask authors permissions before release or talk of release....????????? how hard is it to send a polite pm saying in this case
to car shapes author would it be ok if i released etc ?????
these kind of actions not only de motivate people to actually build anything new for gp4 but also damage the community as a whole..this "i'll release it anyway " attitude is so negative & non productive...keep this up & very soon there will be nothing new built & you will have nothing to leech......
then you may finally be able to grasp just how important it was to ask these authors permissions......you can argue this out to your hearts content but the end result is coming....
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy