2005 Mod Final Release - now online

Posted by b-tone 
Re: 2005 Mod Final Release - now online
Date: November 15, 2006 03:51PM
Posted by: Mattzel89
b-tone schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------

> @Mattzel89 - can't you open task manager
> (ctrl-alt-del) and kill GP4.exe in that?

Thanks, that works!
And about my PC specs, I know they're not great, but it's still enough
Date: November 15, 2006 05:23PM
Posted by: warringtonj
warringtonj Wrote:
> How do you change onboard cam angles in this mod?

is there a way?

[makephpbb.com]

Join the friendliest site in the GP4 community
Date: November 16, 2006 12:26AM
Posted by: danny87
Cheers B tone,found it now.

-----------------------------------------------

"When you begin in this sport you are given a chequebook. Every time you have a big one you must write a check to the angels. The trick is to finish your career before you empty the chequebook".
Date: November 16, 2006 02:22AM
Posted by: Richard J
b-tone. Auto restore is checked "on". Also CPU in Gp4xpatch is 0.

Uninstalled game many times, reinstalled. During installation, answered yes to remove saved games. Used ZAZ steps to get the clean exe and car wad located in the DDL folder of CSM. Ran the PatchDownloades.exe to install clean 9.6 patch and decryped exe.

Many mods that worked prior to installing the 2005FinalMod no longer work properly. Driver selection menus have correct driver and teams during loading. Once in the game, the cars and graphics are all correct. I still get the 2005 drivers and team names instead of the correct drivers names and team names in cockpit, or any camera views.

I have made some personal seasons off the 1967 and other carsets. Only changed the name of the carset in the CSM file for the carset, changed drivers names, team names, performance data, etc, and changed the name of the performance file to match the mod title (1968, 1968perf.txt). Still seems that for some reason, the performance files are not overriding the original performance file and it is "sticking" in the game, as some mods are correctly doing. Seems restore is not restoring original game performance file, but seems to be replacing with the 2005FinalMod performance file, or it has somehow become the now default performance file. I have since removed the mod prior to the above reinstall steps, still get drivers names and team names in the game instead of what is in the drivers selection menu and the performance file. This is getting very frustrating to get all mods working properly again.

Is it possible that those mods that do not now work correctly must be remade using the make mod option in CSM to get correct and consistant CSM file in each mod, which might eliminate this failure to load correct driver/teams from mod to mod, or the restore error that appears to be taking place?

I have tried to locate the original car.wad and performance file on the CD, and see if manually installing them helps. So far, unable to locate both on CD. About ready to give up on GP4.

Richard J
Date: November 16, 2006 06:12PM
Posted by: ingaer
1: The configurables don't work for me. I've latest CSM beta installed. Does anyone have same problem?
2: Is it possible to play the original game after installing 2005 mod or it overwrites any files?
Thank you
Date: November 18, 2006 06:25PM
warringtonj Wrote:
> warringtonj Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How do you change onboard cam angles in this
> mod?
>
>
> is there a way?

hello?

[makephpbb.com]

Date: November 18, 2006 07:14PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
check the faq John;-)

[www.grandprixx.com]
Date: November 18, 2006 07:18PM
Posted by: b-tone
@warringtonj - look here (beat me to it jloo :))

@ingaer - how do the configs not work? what happens? the mod doen't overwrite any files - just swaps them, and restores them afterwards.

@Richard J - try the latest CSM update. As far as I know Zaz hasn't been able to reproduce the restore problem. What happens when you reinstalled the game and then other mods? Do they work? Is it only after installing 2005 that problems occur?
Don't give up - I'm sure everything will be solved :)

____
Tony

Date: November 18, 2006 07:25PM
Thanks i eventually got an anser from someone :d

[makephpbb.com]

Date: November 19, 2006 08:05AM
b-tone, solved most of the problems. I checked the GP4 folder, and I found list of performance.txt files that apparently the 2005 Mod Final release left in the GP4 folder. I moved them to another folder, and most of the mods are working properly with the correct team names/car names/drivers names. Apparently it was leaving these files (track specific) in the GP4 directory and for some reason seems they interferred with the performance.txt files in each season/mod for some carsets.

I do not know why the GT Sports Car mod and Brazil Stock Car graphics in the camera view and cockpit veiw are messed up. I still have problems with GP4 Gamer 2004 mod working correctly, as well as the 1999 GPatalia mod. Most now have the correct team/driver names in the game. It appears that there is some problem with the 2005ModFinalRelease causing problems leaving files in the GP4 folders that created this problem. The performance files left in the GP4 folder appear to have come from the performance.txt files found in the TEAM 11 folder.

Richard J
Date: November 19, 2006 09:39AM
Posted by: airefresco
@btone,
Just to let you know I had similar problem as richardj. When I restored the 2005 mod to a different one, the following didn't restore,

CAR SETUPS,
BIK VIDEO (background on main menu),
PEROFORMANCE FILES
MUSIC (MAIN MENU, THE CAR THINGY)

Not a problem for me, because i've manually switched them now, just thought you would like to know.

good work, btw

paul..
Date: November 19, 2006 10:04AM
Posted by: fongu
my loading screens and tweaker and the above list didn't restore either

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2006 10:08AM by fongu.
Date: November 19, 2006 10:26AM
Posted by: quickslick
the same here, my gp4 is totally screwed up now :(
Date: November 19, 2006 11:28AM
Posted by: b-tone
@Richard - maybe if you post pics of your messed up views someone can help - or search for threads on those mods?

@non-restorers - have you got the latest CSM updates?
Can you tell me what your loading procedure is - open csm, click this, click that, etc etc ?
Maybe you're doing something that CSM can't handle.

Are other mods restoring ok? Its odd that 2005 won't restore, as it shouldn't have anything to do with how it restores.

____
Tony

Date: November 19, 2006 11:35AM
Posted by: quickslick
i have the latest csm updates and i've startet the csm like always, with no specific clicks, only the configurables for the mod 2005. All the other mods works fine here, the problem occurs only with the final mod 2005 and i'm unable to setup my gp4 to the default settings for 2006
Date: November 19, 2006 06:08PM
Posted by: RRoobbiinn
My cars are white in the game.. Sometimes with a bit of the car color, but almost nothing. I've tried all resolutions, but it remains the same. Anyone a idea?
Date: November 19, 2006 06:21PM
Posted by: airefresco
I've got the lastest CSM. Restored whatever mod was loaded (my personal one I believe), Selected 2005 mod, clicked or start, started game, played for a bit, finished game, clicked restore in CSM, loading back whichever mod was loaded before.

I've only got the gp2 and 2004 mods, but they restore fine,no problems at all.

i didn't install the trackpack though, I just used the orignal track order.

paul..
Date: November 19, 2006 06:37PM
RRoobbiinn Wrote:
> My cars are white in the game.. Sometimes with a
> bit of the car color, but almost nothing. I've
> tried all resolutions, but it remains the same.
> Anyone a idea?

put all graphiics settings to high

[makephpbb.com]

Date: November 20, 2006 12:03AM
b-tone, what appears to have taken place, is the data in the TEAM 11 folder was placed in the GPxPatch folder. It listed all the performance files in the TEAM 11 folder. When I removed them, most of the mods that did not contain correct driver/team information once in the game and in cockpit or cam view are now correct. Still working to fix a couple of sets that do not load any driver/team information on the driver select screens. These are blank and are blank in the game as well. I checked the performance files in thos season carsets and the format is different than most. I will redo following standard format and see if that fixes the problem.

Richard J
Date: November 20, 2006 09:15AM
Posted by: fongu
same as all... is its mostly the swap folders that doesn't restore if thats any help

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy