2005 Mod Final Release - now online

Posted by b-tone 
Re: 2005 Mod Final Release - now online
Date: November 08, 2006 10:38PM
Posted by: 00omalleys
Hey! On some of the tracks (Nurbs, Turkey...) the cars are not starting in the correct position :( It is on a green thing :(

an anyone help..?

SORRY!
Date: November 08, 2006 10:43PM
Posted by: ramoats
Robert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you'll have to change the physics file in 2005
> Mod\Data\Patch

I don't understand....is some sort of solution to the GP4 exe issue?
If so, could you be more specific? I'm working this problem on ZaZ's forum too....
Date: November 08, 2006 11:35PM
Posted by: ramoats
I just supplied Tony over at GPX with a before and after GP4 exe of the CSM problem we have been speaking of.....hopefully it won't be a big issue to fix....Heeeeeeee's ON IT !!!
Date: November 09, 2006 09:43AM
Posted by: Robert
AlbersF1 Wrote:
> Can I change back the car behavior somehow? When I
> play the 2005-mod I suddenly have major oversteer!
> When I use the 2006-mod I have no problem at all.
>
> Whatever setup I use (rearwing 20, frontwing 15
> for instance), in the middle of a corner and
> during braking the rear of my car slides away from
> me. Every time! And driving in the rain is
> completely impossible!
>
> Someone who can help me?
I was replying to this question from albersf1 - change the physics file in your 2005 mod directory in data\patch
Date: November 09, 2006 11:38AM
Posted by: AlbersF1
Ok, I will try to do that... Just a case of using the psysics file from the 2006-mod: copy/paste and that's it?
Date: November 09, 2006 01:24PM
Posted by: lukepm
I keep getting the same problem where it says i need at least CSM 1.25.1005 to run the mod, i tried to check for updates but it doesnt seem to work, and if i run the updater.exe it says it is 'unable to retrieve the list' - sorry if ive missed something earlier but i really dont have a clue....

Date: November 09, 2006 04:26PM
@albersf1 yes, thats it, but make sure only one physics file is there or it won't work
Date: November 10, 2006 10:17PM
Posted by: danny87
Gotta say the mod is awesome, well done fellas. I've got it woking perfectly, just one question, i have installed all of the tracks, how do you change the track camera's, i know how to do it and i have the files, but can't seem to find the DAT files to load into 3d editor. Thanks

-----------------------------------------------

"When you begin in this sport you are given a chequebook. Every time you have a big one you must write a check to the angels. The trick is to finish your career before you empty the chequebook".
Date: November 10, 2006 11:06PM
Posted by: Monza972
this mod doesnt contain Tracks
Date: November 10, 2006 11:14PM
Posted by: danny87
Monza972 Wrote:
> this mod doesnt contain Tracks

No i downloaded the trackpack.

-----------------------------------------------

"When you begin in this sport you are given a chequebook. Every time you have a big one you must write a check to the angels. The trick is to finish your career before you empty the chequebook".
Date: November 11, 2006 12:04AM
Posted by: Monza972
Date: November 11, 2006 09:05AM
Posted by: Chege
Does anyone have problem with montrael track? Everytime I exit the track my computer crashes to desktop. I loaded the original from the game and it works fine. I tried to play with verbosity, setting it to medium and low but it didn't help. Others tracks works fine. 2005 trackpack...
Date: November 11, 2006 10:02AM
Posted by: Mattzel89
btw I just got one problem. Everytime I leave the game my Screen stys black and I have to restart my Computer, any suggestions?

Michael Schumacher - Ayrton Senna
Date: November 11, 2006 10:36AM
Posted by: Tigershark
Great mod, looking fantastic. Very nice work on making it so complete aswell. :)

Unfortunately I'm having some major issues; there is a huge delay between my key presses and actions in the game, the car drives on half-auto pilot. To sum it up, it's unplayable.

I'll do some more looking into it and report back if I find something useful.

Keep up the good work.

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Date: November 12, 2006 05:22PM
Posted by: AlbersF1
Hi guys! I've got a problem with the mirrors in game; when I play the 2005-mod, I can't get the mirrors working.

Of course I used CSM's configurables to select 'mirrors on', but ingame nothing happens! It just stays black.

Is there something I can do? When I play the 2006-mod I'v got no mirror problem at all.
Date: November 13, 2006 02:30AM
Posted by: Richard J
Not sure if this belongs under this mod or the CSM forum. Someone else has raised the question of CSM not properly restoring the game to 2001 files. Since getting the latest update of CSM, adding some new tracks with TSM, and loading this Mod, I now have many carsets and mods that do not work properly. The primary problem is after loading a season set or a previously working mod, I get the correct car shapes, car skins, and tracks associated with the carset from TSM. The correct graphics load, track loading screens, the select driver screens have the correct drivers to select from, but when in the game, the driver names and cars are from the 2005 mod. I am finding this problem with Tony's 1967 carset, the Brazil Stock Car set has screwed up graphics in cockpit view, camera views rear body panels missing and the rear wheels are outside of the body and look like wheels trailing the vehicle and attached to the rear outside of the car. The GT Sports car mod has similar graphic issues. I did not have any of these issues before installing the 2005Finalmod. I have uninstalled and reinstalled GP4, with the 9.6 upgrade and nocd patches numerous times. Still same problem, mostly with the 2005FinalMod drivers names and car names in game and not the information as it is in the performance file. Any ideas on how to correct? By the way, I also am getting ocassional Gpxpatch errors messages and logs periodically when CSM restores and I close CSM. I have had that issue long before installing the 2005FinalMod.

Richard J
Date: November 13, 2006 12:11PM
Posted by: b-tone
@Tigershark - Thanks :) Fpr your problem change 'processor priority' to normal in CSM's options

@Albersf1 - not sure

@Richard - there seems to be a few reports of restoring not working properly. make sure you haven't got auto-restore off and you aren't just exiting instead of restoring.
You can try CSM's rollback feature to go back to the previous version. I haven't talked to Zaz lately but the rollback feature should be working.

@Mattzel89 - can't you open task manager (ctrl-alt-del) and kill GP4.exe in that? What are you computer specifications?

@danny87 - you can change cameras with Lo2k's 3D Editor.
The dat files are in '%GP4 folder%\Tracks\Monza\2005' etc

@00omalleys - i don't really understand. THe ydon't start on the grid? or in the boxes? Green thing?

@lukepm - CSM's server might have been offline so try again, or disable proxies, or change your firewall settings.

@Alesi no1 - the tweaker files are in Data\Tweaker. I'm sure you can make it work by editing/replacing the ini files there.

@celinho - does this help:

ZaZ Wrote:
> to make sure you have a clean exe and wad (which
> CSM requires) then you can go to the DLL folder
> where CSM is installed and run PatchDownloader.exe
> to install the 9.6 patch with decrypted exe and
> optionally a clean cars.wad

--

Montreal seems to crash if you don't use TSM. Vesuvius posted a aprtial fix for that, but otherwise you'll have to wait for the final version of talk to the authors of it.

Keep an eye on the 2005 mod FAQ as it will be updated now and then. you can also find help/solutions in the grandprixx.com forum

____
Tony

Date: November 13, 2006 01:26PM
Posted by: lukepm
thanks, it works now!

Date: November 14, 2006 08:41PM
Posted by: warringtonj
How do you change onboard cam angles in this mod?

[makephpbb.com]

Join the friendliest site in the GP4 community
Date: November 14, 2006 09:20PM
@tigershark
in the options section of CSM change processor priority to normal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy