1995 Mod - alive again :)

Posted by b-tone 
Re: 1995 Mod - alive again :)
Date: January 07, 2006 08:16PM
Posted by: b-tone
yep, theres 3 or 4 teams with 'no' mirrors and atleast beneton and ligier with flipped mirrors, but if someone can list them all that need flipping, or made that would be good. also i think the left mirror in the cockpit might need flipping horizontally.

and the forti is a very early version so i wouldn't worry about that for now.

@Alesi no1 - post your log here - amybe its something simple i can see. when does it crash?

@Tom - no idea :| when does it crash? and do other mods work? have you got CSM 1.25.45.
i replace my gp4.exe with a fresh one now and then - that smoetimes helps.

@oliver - got a screen?

____
Tony

Date: January 07, 2006 08:22PM
Posted by: oliver_33
Sure :P

---
Date: January 07, 2006 09:12PM
Posted by: Alesi no1
Hi tony

Tried barcelona again seems to be workin ok now,the mirrors that i have flipped is benetton and ligier,

Also williams sauber and footwork mirrors have no detail in t-cam mode

Other than that everything ok cars going in fine helmets fine driver changes fine,

Also whats ure progress on doing pitstands and pitgarages??
if u are doing them :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2006 09:20PM by Alesi no1.
Date: January 07, 2006 09:24PM
pitstands and garages are done (i think) but they'll be released as part of tracks, not sets. although fongu and i might make a quick 95 track tex pack - i think he's got a bunch of textures already, so not much work maybe :)

____
Tony

Date: January 07, 2006 09:45PM
Ok good stuff

well on with the testing:)
Date: January 07, 2006 10:03PM
Posted by: brunoboi
k, got the game sorted, just had to replace me gp4 file as suggested thanks tony.

From what i gather the tracks have not been put in any '95 order right? as i am getting the original 2001 track order despite the game saying the 95 order

other than the troubled mirrors already mentioned everything is fine

Date: January 07, 2006 10:07PM
yep, youshould have 2001 order tracks - until TSM comesa nyway

____
Tony

Date: January 07, 2006 10:51PM
@kev - i think i saw your bouncing helmets - its the lower lods - i think they're the default lod2/3 so i'll see if i can make a decetn low lods
what about that list of drivers/helmets??

@testeres - did you notce the team specific physics depending on which driver you choose in csm?

____
Tony

Date: January 07, 2006 11:50PM
Hi tony

About the team physics the cpu cars only seem to be using 5 gears maybe gear ratio prob??

Date: January 08, 2006 12:03AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Nice pic of the Berger Ferrari! But something looks odd about the intake ducts, it's almost like they are not there....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2006 10:16AM by Jagdpanzer.
Date: January 08, 2006 12:51AM
Posted by: fongu
with the 95 sponsors, i havent got too many to be honest, just 5/6 that appear in every track really.

do you mean the driver helmet shape thingy? it was just a suggestion to get all the helmet shapes in... up to you whether you want them done or not.

The simtek rear wing is a normals problem, just recalculate them.

If it doesnt work, reinstalling gp4 worked for me.

Date: January 08, 2006 12:55AM
Oh and if anyone can make some nice menu videos that would be nice :)

Date: January 08, 2006 12:58AM
Posted by: oliver_33
I've got 2 firs '95 full races. Brazil and Argentina. But they are not very good quality..

---
Date: January 08, 2006 01:00AM
oo i've got 5/6 full races and some clips from every track, but i'm no video editor... and plus i'd quite like clips of the mod

Date: January 08, 2006 01:03AM
Posted by: loren
the macca's gearbox should be stretched back to meet the rear wing mounts (and cover up the middle of the cv joints part)

nice to see that this thing is still alive :)
Date: January 08, 2006 02:20AM
Posted by: six degrees
loren Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the macca's gearbox should be stretched back to
> meet the rear wing mounts (and cover up the middle
> of the cv joints part)
>

nitpicking your own car now? ;)
Date: January 08, 2006 07:51AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
sorry if any of this has been repeated, but im just making my own conclusions here.

seems to me that the cockpit's are a bit low. i feel as if im driving while looking way over the top of them. i dont feel as if im in the car. however, not having ever driven an F1 car, who am i to comment?

theres some minor issues with the jordan cockpit view i found where the top suspension mounts are higher than the actual chassis. also some camera angles are a little dodge where they 'clip' into the car, driver etc...

also, the points system in the mod goes 9,6,4,3,2,1. this is incorrect as it should be 10 points for the win.

one other thing, although ive barely had a chance to test this yet, i've a bit of a concern over the performances. are they a different set of performances for each track? or is it just one performance file for the whole season if you get my meaning. seems to me that schumacher isnt quite as competitive as he should be...

can i ask, how do i change between car's...ie, replace the pacific with a forti or something.

the music sucks by the way...j/k. who is the artist(s)?

however, those minor gripes aside, this is a truly fantastic piece of work by everyone who worked on this mod!!!! :):):)

i must say that benetton is truly exquisite!

my favourite angle!!...sorry for the lack of AA/AF, i'll try to do better next time :)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2006 08:02AM by Red_Bull.
Date: January 08, 2006 10:37AM
yep i agree with the cockpit... think it could be higher, that would solve the jordan suspension problem too.

there are track specific performances... its needed for the minnows you choose too. Theres also driver specific physics, but if you're the forti, you will find the whole field with slower physics.

You choose your minnow in the configure bit in csm.

I know one of the songs is blur... cant remember what other songs are there!

Date: January 08, 2006 10:57AM
the chain is one, and blur but cant remember the other. something from 1995 i guess. i've been listening to them for too long so they're getting to me a bit :p
who likes the 'music' from the 2005 beta?

the different helmets is a good idea, but i need to know who uses which one - and that photo doesnt tell me much - they alll look the same :p

for cockpit view - the camera should be moved down?

camera angels were quick so there is problems. someone will make a decent set

points - fixed ;-) (you can change it in settings/csm.ini)

track specific perfs should be realistic, but hevent been fully tested - ie thousands of hours testing :p - so if theres any in particluar that are wrong tell me. look here to compare: [www.f1-facts.com]
if someone wants to run a full 100% season and post the final points here that would be good. you can fast forward the races if you want.

kev- theres probably some 88 track tex that will do but theres no hurry for them really.

tim - you're right about the intakes i think - i'll fix it. did you gett the beta working?

____
Tony

Date: January 08, 2006 10:58AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
its really complicated for someone like me who's just beginning to discover the benefits of CSM ;P. i've just discovered the configure bit...there i was thinking that was just a fancy logo.

i've thought about the performaces and how the AI rarely use the 6th gear. im thinking its coz the BHP of the cars is too low. sure they may only have had 690bhp in 95, but i dont think it works in GP4. im going to raise them all by 50bhp shortly and give it a test.

this is me vs alesi....batting it out as we head into the la caixa turn at barcelona...it ended in tears as i didnt realise he was there. gave me an opportunity to test the damage model of the mclaren anyway ;P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy