GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: February 15, 2009 05:33PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@silverblaze : yep, convert .dat or .gp4 to .col and replace original .col file with this new one.

Date: February 16, 2009 09:36PM
Posted by: ___Flanker___
two more questions:
1) is possible to open .dat file and .col file at the same time? is impossible to me edit the banks without the .dat references...

2) how can i edit the jip mapping of a track?

thanks one more time friends.
Date: February 16, 2009 09:51PM
1) If you convert .dat to .col, .col is the exact same mesh as the .dat so .col IS the reference (or do I missunderstand you ?).
For more detailed .col file, the best to do is to open .gp4 and .dat (your reference as you say) and edit the .gp4 directly. Then once your changes are done, convert .gp4 to .col and here you are.

2) by adding, removing and/or editing jip mapping (E8) commands in the .dat file

Date: February 17, 2009 09:33AM
Posted by: SilverBlaze
Did that, tried converting both .dat and .gp4, but still no shadows on grass.. :|

HD SUZUKA - MENU ADDONS - ONBOARD CAMERAS - VIDS
Date: February 17, 2009 08:40PM
Posted by: ___Flanker___
really thanks for the answers.

but, can you tell me more details about jip mapping please?
Date: February 17, 2009 08:49PM
@Flanker: Sorry but no, I can't. the best way to learn how jip mapping works is to look at how they are set for original tracks and experiment from there.
With actual wysiwyg jip mapping, you can then experiment with values to see what they do.

Date: February 27, 2009 01:18PM
Posted by: Kimi-The-Champ
Lo2k schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just invert face order for this object (Action
> Menu\invert\face order)

what you mean? i have only x-coordinates, y-coordinates, z-coordinates, normals and face creation.
the rest of 3 things are deactivated
Date: February 27, 2009 03:05PM
Posted by: senna9194
Kimi-The-Champ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lo2k schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > just invert face order for this object (Action
> > Menu\invert\face order)
>
> what you mean? i have only x-coordinates,
> y-coordinates, z-coordinates, normals and face
> creation.
> the rest of 3 things are deactivated

if you want to invert face order you have to select faces creation.
Date: March 01, 2009 05:00PM
Posted by: n00binio
i think that has been asked before but i couldn't find a solution: i created a new track, everything works except the pitlane. the problem is: when i try to leave or enter the pitlane the car is immediately teleported to the edge of the racetrack, it's impossible to leave the pitlane properly or to enter it. the problem occurs at the point where fencegate is set. (it is set correctly, there's no wall visible) i tried different positions for the pitlane fences begin/end commands and changed the position of the initial bank description of the pitlane but it didn't help. any suggestions?
thanks in advance

edit
lol,indeed it was the pitlane fences begin/end command, solved... ;)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2009 05:08PM by n00binio.
Date: March 12, 2009 07:57PM
Posted by: Kimi-The-Champ
this is from F1Virtual:

Multiple layout for a single track is something to turn me on. But it takes surely three times longer than working to a single and official one.
GP4Builder allows to export/import track database from a file to another. That´s an advantage, but we should ask if this would be fair enough, once first experience for double layout for a single track (Dubai) was not something to reminder.
I´ve got my decision anyway, let´s see.

[f1virtual.blogspot.com] >>> Shanghai pictures

now i make the new R130 and chicane from suzuka but the track high isn correct and it's very busy to make the track on the correct high. how work this function and can i use hath for the track high?
Date: March 14, 2009 03:15AM
Posted by: gildoorf
Hi Kimi...

Well, in my opinion, the best to match old sectors to new ones is to handle track profiler... and move sector height one by one. Result is very smooth and you won´t regret.

Track database is useful, in my case, to import Z values from an altimetry drawing from CAD to GP4 Builder.

By the way, if CONVERTER GUYS know if it´s possible to export altimetry (Z) values from other game tracks into txt table, please post me.

Cheers, and keep blogging :)

Date: March 17, 2009 05:07PM
Posted by: cleberpister
I am converting objects of the RFACTOR for the GP4… but I am with this problem under of the truck between az wheels. This part of gray color has that to be transparent, but as to make this in the PHOTOSHOP? grateful

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: March 28, 2009 08:11PM
Posted by: Gigi4
In gp4 builder alpha layer is not shown

Date: March 28, 2009 09:11PM
Alpha layer is used in GP4Builder to set texture transparency. If it's not the case for you, you probably disabled it and thus hitting F1 will re-enable it.

Date: April 03, 2009 03:06PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Laurent, is it possible with the option "converting dat to 3ds" that the mapping of the verges, lines and fences to be changed to 0.99 instead of 1?

Could you also change the name of the object when you duplicate it with a number at the end instead of "_copy"?

Thanks in advance.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: April 03, 2009 07:49PM
Well, for 0.99 mapping, it's more usefull for half transparent textures like for fences. For fences, you can set V mapping at fence creation or later using the Mapping editing feature and setting V scale to 0.99 (but you need to do it manualy for each object).
Anyway, I can't apply it automaticaly at export or every V mapping values will get 0.99 (not only fences but every objects).

For copied objects, I will add it to the todo list.

Date: April 09, 2009 10:27AM
Posted by: drt01
Hi,

i've a problem with my wip track. All the cars are blocked on pit lane during pit stop on race. How could i fix this bug?

thanks
davide

-------------- My GP4 Tracks --------------

F1 Tracks , Oval Tracks, Other Tracks
Date: April 09, 2009 05:34PM
It usualy happens if you didn't respect the 16 feet sector length for some of the pitlane sectors.

Date: April 09, 2009 06:03PM
Posted by: drt01
.but if i create sectors with gp4 builder 16 feet lenght is the default lenght? I deleted all the sectors except the first and second one and rebuilt without changing lenght .. So where to check sector lenght?

-------------- My GP4 Tracks --------------

F1 Tracks , Oval Tracks, Other Tracks
Date: April 09, 2009 06:09PM
Yep, that's the default length and if you recreated the whole pitlane using the multiple sectors feature, you did it the right way...
I assume you checked your track flags and they are ok too...no ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy