Date: September 01, 2012 02:27AM
Posted by: auscain
In the Builder try the following with clipping distance around 2000

Object's Attributes
NAME
Required

f1graphics CFG file

1 ; [MAIN VIEW] Draw Required trackside buildings

I'm actually not to positive because I cannot see the photos clearly enough. Anyway I hope it helps.
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: September 01, 2012 09:14AM
Posted by: Lo2k
For object popping up you might try to use once Action\Fix parts to object links. Not sure it will be enough but it's a first step.

For double glass, it's normal in wet weather because you haven't set the Base coordinates to be at the same height as the floor, so glass is mirrored at another height (most probably lowest height of the glass part/object). Change base Z value to be at building floor and it will be ok. (If you engaged Show Normals icon and you are at object level, you will see a semi-transparent white square previewing wet mirror plane)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2012 09:19AM by Lo2k.
Date: September 02, 2012 01:46AM
Posted by: maxi82
Thanks, I am going to keep trying, I hope that if I can solve to continue the project.

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: September 13, 2012 07:38PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Hi guys :)
Having taken so much from the GPG community, I thought I would give something back, so am starting to build a track. ;)
The layout is rather peculiar, there is no s/f straight and so not much room for a pitlane. The layout is below.

Is there any reason for this not to work? I can make the pits 33 sectors long, if it is not parallel to the track though will it be a problem?
Will the track work without much of a straight over the start finish line?

Thanks for any advice :)
Date: September 13, 2012 07:47PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
@ salvasirignano:
By setting all flags correctly there is no reason for your pitlane not to work ;-). Looking forward to your track :)
Date: September 13, 2012 07:51PM
klausfeldmann Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @ salvasirignano:
> By setting all flags correctly there is no reason
> for your pitlane not to work ;-). Looking forward
> to your track :)

Thanks, I shall proceed full steam ahead! ;)
Date: September 22, 2012 06:44PM
I have a couple of issues with the track I'm making, and would be grateful for any help! ;)

The first is that since adding some elevations and cambers to my track, the road surface is transparent at the higher points, there is no texture where the track should be and instead I can see other bits of track in the distance through it.

The other question concerns kerbs. Are there any golden rules to obey? I have tried adding kerbs to my circuit a few times, but each build crashes before the weather screen in GP4.
There are no errors in the flag list section, and I have taken care not to delete any left hand side kerbs during the process (I read somewhere that it may cause problems).

Thanks in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2012 06:50PM by salvasirignano.
Date: September 22, 2012 09:26PM
The Builder or the GP4 game or the cameras, seem to have a height limitation of 155 m above zero on the Z axis.
Crashing at the weather window can be caused by the CC-Line. That is a pretty scary start line, maybe try to straighten out or smooth out the initial CC-Lline.
If you are not sure about how to build kerbs just use the default. Do some reading in regard to this in the Builder\About\User guide.
I would like to make a suggestion in regard to the way the pitlane re-enters the track in another scary place. Maybe you would like to go under the track and re-enter on the left hand side of the track in that spot.

Hope this helps
Date: September 24, 2012 06:38PM
auscain Wrote:
> The Builder or the GP4 game or the cameras, seem
> to have a height limitation of 155 m above zero on
> the Z axis.
> Crashing at the weather window can be caused by
> the CC-Line. That is a pretty scary start line,
> maybe try to straighten out or smooth out the
> initial CC-Lline.
> If you are not sure about how to build kerbs just
> use the default. Do some reading in regard to
> this in the Builder\About\User guide.
> I would like to make a suggestion in regard to the
> way the pitlane re-enters the track in another
> scary place. Maybe you would like to go under the
> track and re-enter on the left hand side of the
> track in that spot.
>
> Hope this helps

Thanks very much for your reply auscain! :)
Date: September 24, 2012 09:51PM
I've got a layout that I'm very happy with (the pitlane isn't final though) and it loads and works ingame okay.
That is until I try and add kerbs, even default ones, it crashes every time before the weather screen. If I were to upload my .dat files would someone be kind enough to take a look and see what the problem may be? There are no errors in the track flag list, and the kerbs seem to be correctly flagged :(

Thanks in anticipation!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2012 09:52PM by salvasirignano.
Date: September 24, 2012 10:25PM
Things go wrong by adding kerbs is a bit uncommon, but of course I can have a look at it. But I don't have enought time for it until tomorrow afternoon (european time) ;-).
Date: September 25, 2012 01:59AM
klausfeldmann Wrote:
> Things go wrong by adding kerbs is a bit uncommon,
> but of course I can have a look at it. But I don't
> have enought time for it until tomorrow afternoon
> (european time) ;-).

Thanks very much! :)

I have managed to fix my problem now though, the crashing was caused by having a kerb command in sector 0
I deleted the kerb between sectors 0-5 and replaced it by a shorter kerb from 1-5, and it works okay now. ;-)

It doesn't say anywhere that you can't put kerbs in sector 0 though! ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2012 02:01AM by salvasirignano.
Date: September 25, 2012 03:27AM
Salvasirignano
I have managed to fix my problem now though, the crashing was caused by having a kerb command in sector 0
I deleted the kerb between sectors 0-5 and replaced it by a shorter kerb from 1-5, and it works okay now. ;-)

It doesn't say anywhere that you can't put kerbs in sector 0 though! ;)

Interesting, it seems that you are quite correct. The game will crash when you press DRIVE with a kerb at sector 0. Or is it possible the game cannot handle more than 18 commands in one sector?
Date: September 26, 2012 03:00PM
Hey all,

when I'm edding a .GP4 I sometimes want to move only one vertex of a face. So I click on object/part/faceXX/vertexX and press F6 to move it. But very often (not allways!) at least one other not marked vertex is moving as well :(. Is there a way to swap a setting to avoid this?

Thanks in advance :)
Date: September 28, 2012 02:20PM
Posted by: xandy
hi

sure there is an answer buried in the depth of this thread
I did a search (even with google site:) but wasn't successful

somehow the last sector of my pitlane joining the track which should be painted doesn't get painted

the unpainted area isn't the last sector of the pitlane (I tried adding/deleting some sectors and repositioning the Pit End Flag) but it is always the last sector painted (all following are not painted ingame)

hoping for a solution
thanks in advance
xandy

-----

ok - after much trial and error I found a solution for my problem
perhaps it can be generalized (?)

in my case the pitlane joins the track in a banked curve
the last (painted) pitlane sector was therefore banked with hd subdivisions

now I added sectors to the pitlane until the last three sectors were not curved (no hd subdivisions)
the PitLaneEnd flag I set to the first of these three sectors
... and it works

my conclusions
if the PitLaneEnd flag is set to a curved (and banked (?)) pitlane sector it (or any of its subdivision) may not be painted
((GP4 can't decide to paint the track or the pitlane tarmac - and it does none / I think))
if the PitLaneEnd flag is set to a straight (and banked) pitlane sector all is well

cheers
xandy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2012 10:37AM by xandy.
Date: September 28, 2012 02:23PM
Yep, in preferences\computation\Vertice options, be sure to set influency distance to 0.

Date: October 04, 2012 10:41PM
That was probably an answer to me for sure ;-). Thanks Laurent, it works :).

@ xandy:
I think there is no solution for your problem. Just look at the singapore track: even Jorge Caranti wasn't be able to fix the same bug so far, so we have to live with it for now ;-).
Date: October 04, 2012 10:46PM
Hey all,

for a new big project I would like to know how to convert an rFactor-track to .GP4.
I already have the MAS-explorer to get the textures, but what I need is a .3ds-file or anything like Zmodeler is able to convert it to .GP4.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance :-)
Date: October 05, 2012 06:55PM
@Xandy : interesting tests... I made some too on a Montreal update but never found the cause... This could put a new light on this problem.

Date: October 06, 2012 04:15AM
auscain Wrote:
> It looks a little bit worse in the rain.
> [img526.imageshack.us]
> g

Sweet, The following needs some work to perfect.

xandy
in my case the pitlane joins the track in a banked curve
Yes and same situation at Oran Park with the pitlane entering the track where there is banking on a long curve.

Lo2k, I believe xandy has found the solution. With the Oran Park.dat, I added 6 new sectors to the end of the pitlane. The first sector to correct the end of curve and the next 5 straight. Now in-game, the pitlane appears without interruption to the end even when it is slightly lower than the track. I did also move the commands 6 sectors longer.

Xandy, Brilliant and thank you. I just knew that I should visit here more often. Oran Park in regard to this problem will be corrected soon.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2012 05:36AM by auscain.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy