Date: August 08, 2012 07:41PM
Posted by: TheDarkListener
edit: to slow ^^

BMW Sauber Ferrari
Ferrari F10
Virgin Racing
Ferrari F150
Marussia Virgin Racing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2012 07:42PM by TheDarkListener.
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: August 08, 2012 11:37PM
Posted by: rracunis
Solved , better but not perfect , anyway thanks
Ricardo
Date: August 09, 2012 09:01PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Faces are too close (back red one and front santander one... the easiest is to separate them a bit more in GP4Builder.

Date: August 09, 2012 09:43PM
Posted by: rracunis
Thanks fo your help , this was I tryed to do . I would like to delete some faces of the santander bridge and make other bigger but I don't know how to deal with faces . Anyway , I started to read the guide maybe in 1 year I will be able to do :-) And the track has a big problem at the pit entry related with the cars cc-lines but this is a chinese language for me
Date: August 11, 2012 04:06PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
Hey,
I've got a question - probably at Laurent -

When I try to convert some .tex (here from Abu Dhabi 2011 track) to .tga with TexResizer it suddenly break down and shows a french error message:

What can I do to avoid this?

Thanks for help :)
Date: August 12, 2012 12:14AM
Well, sadly nothing but using SlimTex I bet, because some of the .tex files there are using some unknown format for TexResizer probably set using Slimtex at first.

Date: August 12, 2012 10:57AM
Okay, done. Just checked how the batch processing with SlimTex works xD.

Thanks to Laurent :)
Date: August 16, 2012 03:58PM
Hey, at the moment I sadly do have a texture problem:

I tried to make a new grandstand, so I copied the fans of an existing one to the new location and renamed them, but the are not visible ingame, even during a race!
I tried so many things, even making CROWD to MISCTSO and deleting "FULL" in the name, but they are still invisible, except from a TV cam far away, they are sudenly appearing at the edge of the screen for a very short moment.

Some time ago, Laurent wrote a post about these issues:
What does "Then show normals and check they are pointing toward the car. If not, do not invert normals but invert face creation instead and recompute normals. Use 1 face rendering with F3 to finely tune faces" in practice mean? How can I see, whether the normals are pointing towards the car?

Are there any other reasons known for a texture not being displayed ingame?

Thanks in advance.
Date: August 16, 2012 07:11PM
Posted by: neilcaine
When you click on the crowd object in gp4builder and the details open in a new window make sure the clipping distance is set to 0 and also that the camera setting is also 0, if the camera setting is 20, this sometimes does not show in-game - could possibly be these settings anway
Date: August 16, 2012 07:54PM
@ neilcaine:
Nice to meet U here, mate :-)! Thanks for your answer. Sadly this is one of the things I allready tried to fix the bug, but it still doesn't work.

In the meantime i did some more research with a better camset: It seems as if the texture is only visible when the player's car is more than approximately 200m behind this texture in track direction, hm...

Here are for a better understanding the current settings:

I allready tried:
- recomputed coordinates,
- checked and unchecked "billboard",
- different clipping distances,
- camera setting to 20 and 0,
- invert faces creation,
- invert normals,
- "recover lost parts",
- "fix parts to object links",
- used as a "CROWD" and as "MISCTSO",
- with and without "FULL" in the objectname and I
- used some other materials.

The texturename of the fans is "atx_d_5", it's properties are DXT5 with semi transparency.
Date: August 16, 2012 08:14PM
With all these changes, it might have been fixed since a long time...
Could you try to replace the unk2 value from your fans object by the value of an original object very close to it (fence just before it, trees behind, whatever object close and that was already at this place in the base track you are using) ?

Date: August 17, 2012 04:09PM
Lo2k schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With all these changes, it might have been fixed
> since a long time...
> Could you try to replace the unk2 value from your
> fans object by the value of an original object
> very close to it (fence just before it, trees
> behind, whatever object close and that was already
> at this place in the base track you are using) ?

I did it - and it works!
So happy to have you here at GP4 Laurent :)! Thanks for your help. I gave the fans-for-kemmel-project nearly up, but now the work can start again :). Great news, great day :).
Date: August 17, 2012 04:14PM
Glad it worked... but it means we now have to discover what is this value for...
And BTW, could you just make a test putting these unk2 value to 0 ? Is the object displayed correctly too ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2012 04:16PM by Lo2k.
Date: August 17, 2012 05:00PM
I'll write you a pm in a minute ;)
Date: August 18, 2012 09:06PM
Posted by: auscain
I use the following numbers to make Crowd appear, in-game on my last track. They are all derived from original GP4 files.

Unk2
-4069 :- Was included with a larger Object
Name
None crowd Tex05_full

No idea what the numbers mean really. Could be something to do with lighting, lighting angle, visibility and when. It’s all a mystery however very interesting to me.

Lo2k: I’m currently working on a new .dat layout. It’s a circuit that I built from scratch about 12 months ago just to make sure it will work. Now I am rebuilding it from Sector 1 and making it as accurate as possible with the tools we have today.

My question is in Modify Track Sectors window, can we have Left and Right Side Properties displayed at the same time? If the window cannot be made larger, can we use a keyboard toggle switch?

EDIT... I found that the up and down arrows work for the toggle. Thank you. I would prefer everything on the same window.

Also will it ever be possible to have the track overlay to include the Track Verge on both sides? The reason I ask is I’m considering using the Track Verge as on and off camber (It is a street circuit with a higher centre).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2012 09:53PM by auscain.
Date: August 19, 2012 10:49AM
In past versions of GP4Builder, both sides were available at the same time but it was a total mess and even myself, I had troubles to understand what edit box was doing what... thus the actual 1 side simplified window. By the way, it's quite rare we would change values for both sides at once... So yep, only one side is available and there's a toggle at the top.

I don't quite understand your query about track verge... "track overlay", you mean the 3D displayed one ? Are you still speaking about multiple sectors modification (but there's no overlay) or about the function creating multiple sectors (with red overlay) ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2012 12:26PM by Lo2k.
Date: August 19, 2012 11:56AM
I now remember you telling us your reasons to not have left and right displayed at the same time.

Where I used the term “track overlay” I should have used the term track.bin file. Can the track.bin be set to cover the track verge on both sides?
Date: August 19, 2012 12:32PM
Understood. Well, nope, you can't. I have some ideas to give more edit possibilities to .bin files but including verges in them is not amongst them. I will add this to the todo list anyway. I dunno yet how this could be added and it would be great to be able to delete a .bin face first !
It just reminds me I'm absolutely not sure game will enjoy this because .bin faces are also used for jip mapping and such and we already had a lot of troubles with disappearing tarmac sections just because .bin file was one sector (2 faces) shorter or longer than the .gp4 track... So adding 2 full rows of faces would surely result in a big mess...

Date: August 19, 2012 12:55PM
Thank you Sir for your time and effort.
I made some good progress this morning in the Builder. Things are going very smoothly. You have already made good progress with the track.bin.
Thanks again,
G
Date: September 01, 2012 02:01AM
Posted by: maxi82
Hello friends, I have a problem with building the track I'm doing.
disappear and reappear boxes.aca is a video and some shots from the publisher.
from already thank you very much.
:-)

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy