Posted by gildoorf 
Re: New Track - first attempt
Date: October 25, 2005 02:14PM
Posted by: fongu
looks like an ace track :)

Date: October 25, 2005 05:00PM
Posted by: gildoorf
Hi there you all. This was a post I sent to jimbob and now I show you all.

Anyway. I had a bad experience yesterday deleting .tga files that were generated from original sepang.tex files and indianapolis.tex files you sent me.

I deleted them all and it crashed to work. Maybe I need a little more attempts to conclude it. In fact, my .wad file is over 40mb!!!!

This is my procedure: sepang2001 is the name of the folder I work with. I put into it all the .tex files and .tga files generated with tex2tga software. Even with tex from other tracks. In this wip track i´m only using indianapolis .tex from Shuttle´s Shangai and Jax altered adverts. I´m really concerned about deleting these tga files. If this won´t work out I´ll send you the .wad file so that you can extract it and delete for me the unwanted .tex and .tga files.

About the people on grandstands and those moving coloured flags: I´m not using then on this wip track - no patience to work with them (!!!). So, I deleted them all. Maybe this has caused the CTD.

And strange, your extracted objects - did you extracted them from Shangai 2.0???? - didn´t place at the exact place, so i had to move some of them...

Good news: I have the authorization from Shuttle to launch the track with his altered pit buildings objects. Isn´t that nice?

Now little things has to be done. Tonight I´ll finish the detaching faces and jipmappings applies. After that I can send you the track.

Gonna do this way:

1. First I send to you, so that you can solve the deleting .tex and tga files
2. Second I send to Jax so that he can replace some textures (gravels, grass and other stuff)
3. Third I send to Mr Zeppelin so that he can judge my cc line and reconfigure it if he wants to.
4. Fourth send to Ricardo Lampert so that he can evaluate to host into his site
5. After my whole approval, I send the definitive file to Lampert and launch the
Date: October 25, 2005 05:06PM
Posted by: jonny
YAY! Looking forward to it!

www.footballsfinestgfx.co.uk
Date: October 25, 2005 05:15PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
You have a wad over 40mb? Put it up somewhere and I'll trim that down for you quite easily :)
Date: October 25, 2005 05:18PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
as i said in the pm..standard tracks have some tga files which you must not delete..... unzip the un edited track you choose as your track base...... take a note of the tga files.....copy them somewhere... delete all tga files in your wip track un zipped wad...then copy the tga files from the un modded track into the wad..& re zip....done.....

oh yeh just re read your post gildoorf....don't delete the Tex files!!!!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2005 05:24PM by jimbob1.
Date: October 25, 2005 05:19PM
Posted by: cleberpister
gildoorf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
>
> Good news: I have the authorization from Shuttle
> to launch the track with his altered pit buildings
> objects. Isn´t that nice?
>
>

But you already it obtained to make right this BUG OF THE PIT-LANE? It has as liberates it for download? Grateful
Date: October 25, 2005 07:07PM
hi there.

@cleberpister: What do you mean???? Se você for brasileiro, por favor, pode reescrever tua pergunta em português? Eu realmente não entendi e acho importante esclarecer esse lance da permissão do Paolo(Shuttle)

@fongu: thanks for the complement, mate. I aprecciate your very good work too. Shouldn´t we talk about a partnership on next wip? It would be great a new partner...:)

@jimbob and zeppelin: what should I do??? One proposes to help me trimming the trash and I mentioned sent the file to the other... What do you recommend?

Yes, I´ll try tonight not to delete the .tex files and see what happens...

Question again: how do I change split sectors?

And again: what do I do with this f&%#&%)(*&60 pitverge.bin?????

Thank you all

Date: October 25, 2005 07:19PM
@jimbob and zeppelin: what should I do??? One proposes to help me trimming the trash and I mentioned sent the file to the other... What do you recommend?
at this track.....

i'll help you out here send a download link to both of us.... i could do with a look @ this track...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2005 07:22PM by jimbob1.
Date: October 25, 2005 07:20PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
You can make a new one, I was going to but don't know if I can be bothered as it is quite time consuming. If the area where you pitlane is isn't too long, then you could make one, but it's up to you...
Date: October 25, 2005 08:39PM
gildoorf Wrote:
> hi there.
>
>
> @cleberpister: What do you mean???? Se você for
> brasileiro, por favor, pode reescrever tua
> pergunta em português? Eu realmente não entendi e
> acho importante esclarecer esse lance da permissão
> do Paolo(Shuttle)
>
> Mais um brasileiro aqui no forum??? Se for, é muito legal. Bom, sou de Bragança Paulista, São Paulo. Sobre a pista da Alemanha, eu gostaria de saber se você tem uma nova versão ou sabe com corrigir o problema da entrada e saida dos boxes? Pois o circuito de Hockeinheim de 2004/2005, quando algum carro vai entrar ou sair dos boxes, aparece grama sore o asfalto. Eu já tentei várias coisas, mas sem sucesso. E pela vista (camera) aerea, o pit-lane aparece certinho, sem as gramas. Pode me ajudar? Grato e valeu.
Date: October 26, 2005 06:33AM
Hi there

@cleber: eu não sei exatamente qual é o problema, até porque não ocorre isso na última versão do Shuttle que eu baixei... De qualquer forma você pode tentar aplicar as texturas novamente, ou elevar o plano de asfalto por sobre a grama...

Eu sou brasileiro sim. De Aracaju, Sergipe. E já morei em São Carlos, SP.

@jimbob and zepellin: as told before, I'll follow the procedure: I have sent jimbob the link first with some instructions.

News to come...

Cheers
Date: October 26, 2005 08:42AM
Posted by: fongu
a partnership? My track editing knowledge is miniscule, I've only really got modelling experience, if thats of use, then sure i can help a little with objects (not got much free time recently), but ask me if you want something

Date: October 26, 2005 12:11PM
gildoorf Wrote:
> Hi there
>
> @cleber: eu não sei exatamente qual é o problema,
> até porque não ocorre isso na última versão do
> Shuttle que eu baixei... De qualquer forma você
> pode tentar aplicar as texturas novamente, ou
> elevar o plano de asfalto por sobre a grama...
>
Já tentei elevar o asfalto mas não funcionou, você pode me dizer onde você baixou essa última versão?

Date: October 26, 2005 03:09PM
cleberpister Wrote:
> Somebody has or knows as to correct the problem of
> the entrance of boxes (pit-lane) in the circuit of
> Hockeinheim (Germany) 2004/2005? When you go to
> enter or to leave boxes they appear gram over
> asphalt. In which archive that if arranges this?
> In the archive dat or gp4 (inside of the archive
> wad)? They can help me. Grateful

if you mean the the pitlane buildings?? high over tarmac/track???
the the location for these is inside the tracks wad file....un zipp the wad & open the folder in 3d editor..... open the gp4 file..look in the scenes ... & see where the pit builds are and use the displace button option...... or if i misunderstand you and you are talking about the buildings apperance as in tex files....these can be selected in the items tree list & changed to what you want......if you wish to see the track & object displayed in 3deditor in more detail...you need to transfer the tex to tga......lo2ks gives a detailed read me file which comes with 3deditor...you should find this helpful....good luck...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2005 03:15PM by jimbob1.
Date: October 26, 2005 03:13PM
fongu Wrote:
> a partnership? My track editing knowledge is
> miniscule, I've only really got modelling
> experience, if thats of use, then sure i can help
> a little with objects (not got much free time
> recently), but ask me if you want something
>
>
> 1995 mod
fongu:::

people like your kind self bring so much more to track editing with your talent for creating new objects.... it's always nicer / better to have an original track object/s in your track that you try to make as enjoyable / playable as possible...so keep up the good work....
Date: October 26, 2005 04:51PM
jimbob1 Wrote:
>
> if you mean the the pitlane buildings?? high over
> tarmac/track???
> the the location for these is inside the tracks
> wad file....un zipp the wad & open the folder
> in 3d editor..... open the gp4 file..look in the
> scenes ... & see where the pit builds are and
> use the displace button option...... or if i
> misunderstand you and you are talking about the
> buildings apperance as in tex files....these can
> be selected in the items tree list & changed
> to what you want......if you wish to see the track
> & object displayed in 3deditor in more
> detail...you need to transfer the tex to
> tga......lo2ks gives a detailed read me file which
> comes with 3deditor...you should find this
> helpful....good luck...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 10/26/05 03:15PM by
> jimbob1.

My problem is: When I or another pilot we go to entar or to leave boxes, in some places appears gram instead of asphalt, only in pit-lane, the tracing is perfect. Only in pit-lane that in some parts, it appears gram in the place (for top)do alfalto. In which archive I obtain to arrange this? In the archive dat or gp4 inside of the archive wad of the track? Grateful
Date: October 26, 2005 05:09PM
My problem is: When I or another pilot we go to entar or to leave boxes, in some places appears gram instead of asphalt, only in pit-lane, the tracing is perfect. Only in pit-lane that in some parts, it appears gram in the place (for top)do alfalto. In which archive I obtain to arrange this? In the archive dat or gp4 inside of the archive wad of the track? Grateful

what does the word gram mean??????
Date: October 26, 2005 05:17PM
Posted by: Prblanco
I think he means grass :)

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: October 26, 2005 06:12PM
Prblanco Wrote:
> I think he means grass
>
>
no puns here...if it's grass,,,then it's a case of choosing another tex file for it..in the objects properties...

show a screenshot to make things clear...

Date: October 26, 2005 07:06PM
Hi there you all

Things are coming out: Jimbob who says :)

@Jimbob: answer my posts with good news, pleeeeease?!

@cleber and Prblanco: This is very nice to see brazilian people dedicated to GP4...

@Cleber: it´s grass, not gram... hehehe and tarmac instead of asfalto :) About the grass problem: I think you should show us with a picture. About the hockenheim file: I really don´t remember where I got it. But I only download tracks from gp4italia and Ricardo Lampert´s site. Try there.

@Prblanco: Very nice track this new Jerez, mate. It´s a great work, very nice cc line and elevations... Somethings I really want to learn. Indeed, the next track will be still fictious. I think I need more knowledge to deal with some things... Modelling and Zmodeler use, for example. But we should try another test track later on: Mugello, what do you think? I have photos from google earth, a little bit shades, but ok... This is something to think about it...

@Fongu: You´re too modest, my friend. I know you are great-skilled to this work. If you don´t have enough, don´t worry: me toooo!!!! And seeking perfection is something GP4 deserves, not us, isn´t it? We have all the time we want.

@Jimbob: i have written so much you must have things to say: mail me? :)

Cheers you all, go to lunch.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy