[i11.photobucket.com]
[i11.photobucket.com]
[i11.photobucket.com]

1. working on external land areas
2. placing objects
3. placing textures
4. wondering when I'm gonna start with Pit stuff

Problems, as I see:

1. Some objects appears and disappears... as a blink - this is the main thing now!
2. All adverts are from sepang's 2001 - too old fashioned, I guess. Jax? Would you like to handle a couple of changes? :)
3. pitverge.bin from trackbase appears on aerial view, not inside the car. What happens?
4. Pitcrew is invisible!!! I think this should be explained before but I can't find it on this forum

Anyway, I think in two weeks it's ready to release. With Shuttle autorization, Zeppelin and Jimbob approval and Jax new adverts coming :)

Have nice week you all.

Re: New Track - first attempt
Date: October 10, 2005 09:55AM
Posted by: desperado
Great work man. Excellent, fantastic, brilliant... You can find the solution for pitcrew on www.realgpx.com forum
Date: October 10, 2005 04:32PM
Posted by: ***Baptiste***
Superb ! ;)
Date: October 10, 2005 04:34PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
a trackmaker is born... great job.. looks great....
Date: October 10, 2005 06:50PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
(takes step back) You want my approval? I'm flattered, as to your pitverge problem, this will probably be the old on floating up above the track, you'll need to make a new one manually.

Check the unknown values in the objects as this can cause flickering.

How to make pitcrew appear is explained: [rapidshare.de]
Date: October 10, 2005 09:48PM
Posted by: gildoorf
Hi there you all

@zeppellin: .col tutorial printed, but only gonna read it tonight at home. What do you exactly mean with "Check the unknown values in the objects as this can cause flickering"? I check those objects with flickering behaviour and do what precisely?

@jimbob: Hey, regards. Editing .col file is a BIG help. Send you as soon as I get home, ok?

@Jax: where are you mate?

@Desperado and Baptiste: thank you guys, If I remember you are doing a very good job on trackmaking, aren´t you?
Date: October 10, 2005 11:31PM
When you click once on an object, a box comes up and at the bottom there will be a flag box and four unknown boxes, check that they all read "0"
Date: October 11, 2005 12:03AM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Gildoorf: Jax is not coming everyday on gpgames...so I don't know when he will read this message.

Date: October 11, 2005 06:51AM
Hi there.

Not too much progress today.

But zeppelin, those unknown flags seems to solve the flickering problem. Yeah!!!:)

Now I'm gonna work with grand stands, trying some sort of adaptation to sepang's original first corner stands. Do you remember?

A new cc line is coming since Lo2k had that huge achievement on CC Line display (!!!)

Need new adverts, graphics are quite similar to Sepang :(

Well, this is it. Thank you all.

[i11.photobucket.com]
[i11.photobucket.com]
[i11.photobucket.com]
Date: October 11, 2005 08:08AM
Posted by: Sniper
Change the color of the kerbstones and give the grass a 'dry' look by making it more brown

Check out our website: www.heikkikovalainen.net
Date: October 13, 2005 06:24AM
Hi there you all

@jimbob: really thank you mate. But pitcrew is a bit lower than pit surface. I sent you .dat file, have you received it? I'm sorry i'm not posting these pictures on the especific forum you created...:(

@zeppellin: With new CC line display I've got encouraged to make a new one. But first I have to ask: Is it possible to create cc line to the whole track, despite of making step by step, testing in game, crashing, etc?

Progress so far:

coulthard hits webber (once again!!!) before the hairpin - this curve is done with total acceleration - 130R Suzuka's inspired

alonso tries on kimi - rapid right-and-left turn

montoya passes rubens - track has 4 good overpassing points

cars take the main straight - grand stands on place (nearly finished)

This is it.

Date: October 13, 2005 02:12PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
That hill and hedge and stuff looks well cool :)

edit - The track is fictional, right?

H E L L O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2005 02:13PM by Daniel Knott.
Date: October 13, 2005 03:56PM
@gildoorf: A far as I know, you can just draw your cc-line on and it will work straight away, although there is something about the overlapping sectors at the end. To quote what patrick told me when I asked him about the improvement for my wip tutorial:

"Not all ccline segments that are generated are really used by gp4. However, they are needed to build the ccline around the track. I am talking about the ccline segments/sectors at the beginning of every track until the point where it overlaps with the last ccline segment.

When you take a look at Monza it is easy to see what i mean. The first ccline 122 segments (only the initial sector on this track) are overwritten by the overlapping part (ccline sector 55, 56 and 57). So this means the beginning of the ccline doesn't have to exactly match with the overlap.

The last segment of the last ccline sector has to match the underlaying ccline. Otherwise the cc-cars will make a little jump to the left/right when they are driving at that position."
Date: October 13, 2005 05:54PM
Hi there

@zeppellin: have you received the mail? Thank you anyway!

@daniel knott: yes, mate, track layout is fictional, but some curves are based upon original tracks, just as Suzuka (130R, in my case, it´s a left turn), Sepang and new Istanbul (turn 8). Hope Mr. Hermann Tilke is reading this post so that I worth a good job proposal :)

Hills and verges and all other stuff are just as in sepang original GP4... All the objects, textures, are in the same scene as original, but repositioned. Simply that!!!!

Thank you for the comments
Date: October 13, 2005 06:17PM
Yep just got your mail, will have a look and send it back as soon as I can :)

-EDIT- Shall I send it to you at work?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2005 06:27PM by zeppelin101.
Date: October 13, 2005 06:41PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Hi gildoorf..post your pics where you want (keep em coming) ..the track looks great...you inspire the wannabe trackmakers to do better quality work.......
look forward to more... goodluck .....ps the col file ..thats the best i can do atm... i get some ultra weird height/scale differences ???????????
Date: October 13, 2005 07:06PM
Posted by: celinho
Version in English:
Big Gildoorf!!!! This they stayed very interesting their track. Congratulations!! Do not I see to hour for that she stayed ready.
You have more or less a forecast of when everything will be ready???
Tá stayed show!!!!
Boy Success!!!!

Versão em Português:
Grande Gildoorf!!!!
Esta ficando muito interessante sua pista.
Parabéns!!! Não vejo a hora para que ela fique pronta.
Você tem mais ou menos uma previsão de quando tudo estará pronto???
Tá ficando show!!!!
Garoto Sucesso!!!!
Date: October 13, 2005 07:08PM
Posted by: Briere
que ? :|
Date: October 13, 2005 07:32PM
Hi

@jimbob: No mate, not that much, hehehe. I´ll send u pics from home late at night so that you can see what happened. Not a big thing, I guess. But it´s a really help. You said those things about fences on pit, and other things that I really don´t understand too much, maybe indeed because of my poor english. I´ll try to do what you have asked, but really don´t know how, not yet.

About trackmaking: The more I learn, the more I like it. But think also we got a responsability on this trackmaking stuff: Our new tracks MUST appear as real as possible. Someone says about Shuttle Shangai´s that his work was like a hidden track that we never found out in the game - I tottally agreed! It is really a professional work, a very very dedicated work, and we should try to do the same always, and even better with all the improvements from 3deditors (better and better each day) and tutorials (Lo2k, Maverick, You, Tom, James, realgpx stuff, these foruns here at grandprixgames.org) and everyone passionated about GP4.

This is the best F1 simulator and our job must keep it in the high levels. Hope we achieve that.

Cheers
Date: October 13, 2005 09:24PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Very good work, gildoorf! I could learn some things from you! And I totally agree with what you've said in your last post...

"This is the best F1 simulator and our job must keep it in the high levels. Hope we achieve that." - Make these my words too :)

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy