The end of the FW27!

Posted by intweb 
Re: Williams FW27 - Upload this weekend.
Date: October 17, 2005 06:17PM
Posted by: Button14
u may have updated it but the more pictures i see like above of the real car the less i feel ur nose is correct i just think the profile uv modelled doesnt represent the high chunky nose of the real one...

Date: October 18, 2005 12:22AM
Posted by: F1Master
I take it we won't be getting the alpha version of the car today then?

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.
Date: October 18, 2005 02:07AM
Posted by: Karan19
Button14 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> u may have updated it but the more pictures i see
> like above of the real car the less i feel ur nose
> is correct i just think the profile uv modelled
> doesnt represent the high chunky nose of the real
> one...
>
>

williams have changed the front end quite a bit over the year. which gp's car does this model represent intweb?
Date: October 18, 2005 02:45AM
Posted by: v@sh
Karan19 Wrote:
> Button14 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > u may have updated it but the more pictures i
> see like above of the real car the less i feel ur
> nose is correct i just think the profile uv
> modelled doesnt represent the high chunky nose of the
> real one...
> >
> williams have changed the front end quite a bit
> over the year. which gp's car does this model
> represent intweb?
>

williams have changed their front wing quite a bit over the year, not so much the front end...they still have that kink in the middle of the front end and the nose feels higher as Button14 said. I've always felt the nose needs a bit of work because to me it doesn't represent the high chunky nose and the kink. When I view the car from front on or on the side, the front looks fragile. The end tip especially I think could add a few polygons because the wing looks like its about to break off and the front wing feels too curvy on Steve's car. Thats the only gripes I have about the car. Otherwise the rest is good to go. Just some suggestions Steve but I agree with Button14.
Date: October 18, 2005 10:48AM
Posted by: Kev188
when can the beta testers exspect the car ?
No request only a question !
Date: October 18, 2005 03:11PM
vash thats especially the pinti was trying to make, especially fro front on it looks to low and pointy

Date: October 18, 2005 04:09PM
Posted by: Karan19
v@sh Wrote:
..they
> still have that kink in the middle of the front
> end and the nose feels higher as Button14 said.

well if you look at the photo i posted on the last page and compare it with photos from the early season , i think intweb has done a pretty good job modelling the nose. no point in comparing his screenshots to the car williams raced in the end of the season...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2005 04:10PM by Karan19.
Date: October 18, 2005 07:03PM
but the nose really hasnt changed that much its still got its high chunky characteristics, its more the front wing that changed

Date: October 18, 2005 07:23PM
Posted by: Willb
"vash thats especially the pinti was trying to make, especially fro front on it looks to low and pointy"

Beer brewer eh? ;)

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: October 18, 2005 08:56PM
Posted by: intweb
Sorry, just got back, haven't been home until now!

Have just resent to the beta testers and it's up here, so hopefully it'll be passed soon. I'll also mail to GPG and M4 - if there are probs.

F1Master, I think it bounced in your box as it's 8mb.

:)
Date: October 18, 2005 08:57PM
As for nose issues, will compare and contrast!
Re: Williams FW27 - Uploaded!
Date: October 18, 2005 09:27PM
Posted by: Willb
Dam, By "Uploaded" i thought you mean available to all :( ;)

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: October 18, 2005 09:36PM
Posted by: McLeo
Hi
upload?
were plz?

if is possible send to my email
mcleorv@gmail.com

or
were i find to download :D

tk´s e great work ;)

Date: October 18, 2005 09:52PM
Posted by: oliver_33
Uploaded???? >:(
damn...

---
Date: October 18, 2005 10:38PM
Posted by: F1Master
Is that 8MB compressed?

My mail account had a 3MB limit so it would get send right back.

Any way of sending it in parts for me?

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.
Date: October 19, 2005 01:02AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
I didn't receive again either :(
Date: October 19, 2005 01:06AM
neither did i

Date: October 19, 2005 09:15AM
Posted by: v@sh
Like Button14 said, the nose hasn't changed since the beginning of the season, the front wing has but the nose hasn't. Even at the start of the season, I made suggestions to Intweb about the nose. He said he would fix it with his remodelling, but I don't see any difference between the new late season and the old early season versions. The nose still comes to a point on Intweb's while it actually goes straighter due to the kink on the car in real life. Its especially noticetable front on, not so much side on views except the nose tip/front wing joint section looking very fragile or sometimes at different viewpoints.

These aren't criticisms, just suggestions to Intweb, suggestions I've been making since the start of the season when Intweb's Melbourne version came out. I just want this to be a good solid car as much as everyone does, but I just don't think the nose does the real car justice. If you look at F1Master's signature/avatar you can see the raise in the nose up until the kink where it starts going down and more straighter rather than to a point. On Intweb's car, there is hardly any kink or much of a raise, instead it continues to head towards a central point which gives the front nose a straight triangular shape which the front nose isn't. Just my opinion. I've seen Button14 muck around with it in ZModeller once and show his opinion of how the nose should be raised which looked much more realistic, but this suggestion wasn't used.
Date: October 19, 2005 10:25AM
Posted by: Kev188
erm.... I´m a bit confused steve.
I´ve got your French Version of your car yesterday.
But then I asked myself why you´ve chosen some beta tester.
Because there is no difference between the beta version and the "release version".
I´ve compared them in ZMod and there is NO difference !!!
I thought you´ve chosen us to help you and giving feedback,but if you have no look on the car in case of our tips and feedback,it won´t get better...
There is no sense I think !
Maybe I´m too hard with you,but that my opinion...
Date: October 19, 2005 11:19AM
@ Kev, sorry but the comments from the 5 testers were put together and mostly resolved, there were some that weren't changed as it was felt it was down to the users settings. Your comments regarding the lack of anti-aliasing on the engne cover where it says BMW power were down to your personal settings, as were the reflective issues you had. The other four testers had no of these issues.

As for the shape, there was very little to change on the ZMOD shape, it was 99% textures that the issues were with.

Thanks for your comments (everyone), both negative and positive, I'm afraid I won't be carrying this project further, as I'm not enjoying creating them any more, maybe it's the quality of my work that is insufficient for the forum, maybe it's just I'm losing interest in creating shapes, but I'm afraid I will only be using the further versions for personal use (am willing to mail out to those that helped me).

Thanks for all comments and thanks for the great help.

Steve.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy