The end of the FW27!

Posted by intweb 
The end of the FW27!
Date: June 12, 2005 02:09PM
Posted by: intweb
Hi,
It's been a while since I posted any shots and I thought I'd post some progress shots. Things seem to be taking so much longer and I've remade the nose/sidepods a number of times - but I think the basis is there (fine-tuning needed to shape them properly though!).

As always this is 'work in progress' and although I ask for people not to tell me something is wrong, etc, etc. I am certain forum members will! But please believe me when I tell you it is probably 50% finished on the main chassis!

But as I have had a number of e.mails about the car - progress reports etc. here are some shots!

<shots removed>

Thanks to everyone for the photo help.

Haven't as yet decided on 1 x 2048 or 3 x 2048's. All I know is modelling a high-detail car taken bloody ages - and I'm still not happy with it ;)

Thanks.

Edited 24 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2006 12:17AM by intweb.
Looking great, fantastic work , keep it up :)
intweb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Haven't as yet decided on 1 x 2048 or 3 x 2048's.
> All I know is modelling a high-detail car taken
> bloody ages -
>

1 x 2048 :p

and zmodeler is designed as a low poly modeling program, you could always mesh smooth in max to up the polies ;)
I like it , and I like that cockpit the most with that seatbells and that steerthing

It looks good :)
And I agree with Nick, use 1x2048. And, please, can we have a screen with wireframe? It would help to appreciate much more the accuracy of the shape :)

Also I should mention a big thanks to Oggo for allowing me use of his driver and belts - I moved them around a bit, but they are his work - thanks Oggo!

@ Oggo - will post some wireframes later.

Oh, you're very welcome, mate! I'll be waiting for the screen then :)

good job intweb, i was asking myself what happened with your williams but its a great job what you are doing :P

... use 1x2048 for textures
I say use 3 x 2048 but thats just my opinion.

Car looks great, have you got any profile shots of the car - from the side?

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.
oo very nice :D

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Didn't nick say that the way that gp4 does textures that 3x2048 would look no different from 1x2048?

Anyway, my computer isnt ready for an increase of 400% in texture size!

@ Race_Monkey, if that's the case, 1 x 2048 it is then! Also - just read your post in the F1 forum :-

'Somehow I cannot see Michael going backwards in this race, he never seems to, even this year, so its either win or retirement, preferably the latter.'

Hehe, I think he went backwards more than usual at the start ;)

@ Oggo, sorry, no mesh pics tonight, still comiserating over Monty's bad race today - had too much to drink and can barely type - let alone take screenshots! Will get some tomorrow - promise!

Steve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2005 12:13AM by intweb.
Ok, here are some screenies with the wireframe on them. I reckon I should have a definitive shave to go within the next fortnight. Mapping is the easy part!
Incidentally, if any established painters out there would like to have a go at it for me, I'd be very grateful! Mail me at intweb@gmail.com if you'd like to have a go!

The suspension is from the low-poly version and will be remade. Please remember this is still a WIP and probably 55% complete on the shape!

Thanks
Steve.
Wery nice! I like everything high! hi-poly and hi-res! So 3 x 2048 would be nice.. :p

---
ILE_FIN-
so are you high?

The Flanker is gone. :(
oo very very nice :D

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
looin good although i still feel the sidepods need to be more sqaure-rish
Thanks!

Mini, will check it out ;)
Looking good Intweb

also note that Schumie somehow he managed to finish in the same place he started, I can't remember the time he finished lower than his gridslot :)

hey Intweb check your mail account !!!
Nice car btw.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy