*****GP4 Track editing - The new thread*****

Posted by Forgotten-Boy 
Hi, I have made a fiction circuit. I have made the tracks, the pitlane and the cc line. All this was OK.
Now I was trying to add textures. I use the 3deditor function to add track from ".dat" it works but when I try the circuit I get all the cars flying :-(
I checked that the "Z" values are the same for the tarmac and for the track and they match. Does anybody face something similar to this ?
Cheers
Re: *****GP4 Track editing - The new thread*****
Date: August 26, 2005 12:16PM
Posted by: Auradrummer
-->PrBlanco: Você é Brasileiro cara? (Are you Brazilian?)
No I am Spanish
Cheers
Date: August 26, 2005 01:54PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
@Prblanco: When you go into the .col, the pitlane should be tarmac, and the banks and verges will be the same surface as the track banks and verges. Directly behind this, place two hard surface faces, and the pitcrew should appear as normal. That also solves the problem of no pitcrew when banks are along the whole length of the pitlane. Make sure the vertices on the area are at the same height as the pitlane though, otherwise the pitcrew will float above where you want them to be (or below). Here's a couple of screenshots to show what I mean...

@rucucucupaloma: I haven't experienced your problem before, have you generated a .col as well? I'll see if I can find out what's causing this behaviour, and post back if I find anything out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2005 02:03PM by zeppelin101.
Hi,
I have done a test: I have maintained the origiinal Melbourne.gp4 with my new track. My track is flying above the map.

I have tried to update the Z coordinate for the objects in order to put them at the same altitude my track is but I am not able to do it. How do I change the altitude (I have tried to change the Z number by hand but nothin happens?
Thanks

Here you have the track I am trying to do:
Date: August 26, 2005 04:38PM
You have to displace along the z-axis. Basically, go into preferences and uncheck the "Rotate/Zoom Mode" box and "Move + Rotate" Box. Then, you can change the height of the objects to match your track. You will still have to create new graphics for the actual track itself by exporting to .3ds, importing to ZM, then exporting to .gp4 before importing it into a scene.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2005 04:41PM by zeppelin101.
Date: August 26, 2005 04:39PM
Posted by: Paco
you have to move them by hand. select an object, click displace, and then move them along the z-axis by right clicking and dragging.

I'm against sigpics
Hi, tried and it is desesperating me :the only thing I want to do is to add tarmac I don´t want the cars flying
Date: August 26, 2005 05:39PM
you have to generate bin files and place them into the track wad

I'm against sigpics
Thanks now I have something under my tyres :-)
Date: August 26, 2005 11:16PM
Posted by: schaller
Hello All. I have question. Is there a way to move objects with more than 1 part?
I'm working on the Istanbul track and Fongu let be borrow the object he was making and I can get them in game, but when I add the object, lets say the paddock as a .gp4 file, it is made up of almost 100 parts that need to be moved individually. If I add the file as a .3ds object. the maps are screwed up because some of the sub objects must be merging or something. very frustrating. Any ideas?

Thanks
Schaller
Date: August 27, 2005 12:20AM
So is the file seperate parts, or seperate objects? It sounds like it is seperate objects in which case you'll need to import as a .3ds to ZM and rename them all as subparts. To do this, export another object from ZM as a .3ds to find out how this works. You could also merge the objects together in ZM by selecting them (This is will make them into one part though, and they will only have one texture) and using "unite select"
Date: August 27, 2005 01:48AM
Posted by: Prblanco
Still didn't work... I must be doing something wrong... better complete the banks and elevations and worry about this later...

Sim, sou brasileiro!!!
Date: August 27, 2005 02:38PM
Which track are you using as a template? If you are using melbourne, sepang etc. then it's possible that pits will automatically point right, however if you use imola or interlagos, they may point left as this data could be in the .exe.

Just a suggestion
Date: August 27, 2005 04:57PM
in imola the pitlane is also on the right :)

I'm against sigpics
Date: August 27, 2005 05:45PM
Good point, forgot about that lol
Date: August 28, 2005 01:22AM
It really seems the pit config is not stored in the .dat. I changed my GP4's track order to: Melbourne, Sepang, Imola, Barcelona, A1-Ring, Monaco, Nurburgring, Montreal, Indianapolis, Magny-Cours, Silverstone, Hockenheim, Hungaroring, Monza, Spa, Interlagos and Suzuka, to look like 2005 season, using magic data, and the pit positions were kept correct in all tracks that had positions changed.

Then I tried to export Interlagos' magic data to my track, but nothing changed... maybe I'll have to creat a .dat debug list and build the track again from Montreal... but this way verges, banks and kerbs data are not stored in the .txt and it'll cost a lot of time... let's see if I can find a better solution for this after I visit my parents this Sunday. I'm packing right now, and unfortunately the track stays stopped until then.
Date: August 28, 2005 01:41AM
Another thing: I noticed that most tracks have the "Right Pits Start" flag, including Interlagos and Montreal! And all of them have "16" in the unknown box. I changed my "Left Pits Start" to "Right Pits Start" and added the 16... didn't work either...
Date: August 28, 2005 05:35AM
Posted by: schaller
Hello folks. Problems and an update on istanbul.
The problems first. Seems I'm having horrible LOD problems. Parts of objects are invisable, and what the heck causes this! Meaning the wheels in the air on the front of the car?

Progress is being made however. The granstands are in pl;ace all over the track. Thanks go to Fongu for the great objects. But As you can see. parts ofthe objects are missing. They are there in the model, but they are not shoing up. I've been searching the forum for something like missing objects, but I get no hits, so I apologize if this has been discussed before, but could someone throw me a bone.
early Istanbul pics for your enjoyment.

I said I would be releasing the track in a few days, but I've hacked it to death and its in a state of disrepare, but it should all come together quickly. I fix these problems, move some objects into place amd it will be drivable, but I want to make it look as good as possible, so please bear with me.

Thanks for any help

Schaller.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2005 05:36AM by schaller.
Date: August 28, 2005 05:42AM
for your first problem, front wheels flying, try computing track pitch, cc-cars pitch and cc-cars direction again (in that order), maybe that helps.

I'm against sigpics
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy