TeamEditor 2.3 - Help Required

Posted by Lee 
TeamEditor 2.3 - Help Required
Date: March 21, 2004 10:19AM
Posted by: Lee
I used to think I was quite intellegent but am now doubting this after trying for a large part of this weekend trying to set my GP4 up for 2004 as far as possible.

I currently have a 2003 season with cars in 2001 order using Ric Lamperts 2001 order tracks. I do not need to load a 2003 performance file via GPx but cannot remember how I got to this set up. The correct driver\team details all appear with the correct cars, Hi-res helmits, pit crews & pit garages. The main menu names & photos\car picturers are all OK.

Trying to use TeamEditor has got me into one big mess! I thought I had worked out what it is supposed to do but I don't seem to be able to get parts of it to work properly. This is obviously my fault as many others seem to swear by it whereas I am reaching the swear at it stage! Thank goodness I backed up my current GP4 folder before attempting this.

I am totally unsure exactly what is imported\exported to & from the program & don't understand why I can make & save GPx performance files but can't load the same files for futher work.

Can anyone help by explaining how to convert my 2003 setup to 2004 as far as is possible at present, ie getting the right cars in the right slots, updating driver names & getting the correct helmets with the 2003 drivers still competing this year (the new ones using other helmets left from last season until Raymond Smits produces new Hi-res ones).

Are there any help files for using this program? I don't recall seeing any.

Sorry to be asking such a lot but I think I have exhausted all other possibilities!
Re: TeamEditor 2.3 - Help Required
Date: March 21, 2004 10:44AM
Posted by: Gené and Tonic
While we're on the topic of team editor, when you enter some coordinates and export them. They sometimes don't work in the game. I'm having this problem with the 2004 BAR at the moment but I'll live ;)

Date: March 22, 2004 04:51AM
Posted by: quickslick
@Josh, you have to copy a fresh decrypted exe in your GP4 folder and then you can make all changes with the Teameditor. After this, export all and it works now.

@Lee, you can already download a complete Performance file for Melbourne 2004, with all correct Driver and Teamnames. And there ist already a great Helmetpack 2004 available from mrt for use with the original Helmetshape. The last thing you have to do is to insert the Helmets with Carsetcreator 4

here you'll find the perf, file

[www.f1games.it]

and here the Helmetspack

[www.mrtf1gp.com]

Post Edited (03-22-04 11:55)
Date: March 22, 2004 06:19AM
Posted by: Lee
Thanks, but I would still like to fully understand what TeamEditor does, how it works & what is actually saved & loaded by the 2 save & load functions. A proper help file would be very much appreciated.

The link to the Melborne performance file gives me a good starting point.

The helmet link is no good as I use a shape which only works with Raymond Smits Hi-res helmets. I am happy to wait for the 2004 set as they look surprisingly good in game.

Thanks,again.
Date: March 22, 2004 10:44AM
Posted by: Gené and Tonic
Cheers quickslick!

Date: March 22, 2004 11:50AM
@Lee, i'll try to write a help file for you :-))
Date: March 22, 2004 01:44PM
Posted by: drafi5
Hello people,
I tried to put into the game (v. 1.02 with 9.6 patch) the 2004 teamart full
by locust, but it failed. I can´t use car set creator 4b, because it does not
work with the patch, I tried TGP ("steam read error";) without success.
Can anybody help me ??!! Thanks.
Happy racing from Germany !!!
Date: March 22, 2004 01:52PM
you can use the utilpatcher for the Teamarts or you can rename the GP4 exe1.02 to GP4_old and copy a decrypted exe 1.0 in your GP4 folder. Now you can make all changes for the Teamarts and export them in your GP4. After this, delete the 1.0 exe and rename the GP4_old back to your default GP4 exe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy