Newbie at GP4

Posted by kawalsehmi 
Newbie at GP4
Date: March 22, 2004 09:22AM
Posted by: kawalsehmi
hI my name is Kawal and i have just got gp4 i have gp3 and gp3 2000. my problem is gp4, my system is recommended for the game to run but the fps are so high.

my system is a
1.6 AMD Athlon
256 ram sdram
128mb geforce 4 t 4800i card
msff wheel USB

30gb hard disk

the main problem is the fps are so high i have tryed to turn all the detail down but i still have high fps.
I think it may be the DirectX messing up and yes i have installed the DIRECTX that came with the game.

AS for the other Grand Prix games they all run fine.
the game came with the patch i installed it but still no luck :-(

a part from this big ass problem the game seems to run ok

i hope i have given as much information so you can figure out what is happening wrong.

Kawal
Re: Newbie at GP4
Date: March 22, 2004 09:37AM
Posted by: ralphi
you mean your fps is to high? that's a problem? hmm.. in the graphic menu in the game switch to manual and set the fps you wan't..

Date: March 22, 2004 11:42AM
Posted by: Muks_C
he might mean processor occupancy is too high? and fps is too low?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 22, 2004 11:59AM
Posted by: kawalsehmi
thats what i mean sorry the processor occupancy is to high the lowest i ever get is about 230 and the highest i saw it go was up to 1023. the net result being the picture moves to slow one fram at a time like every 2 or 3 seconds. and btw i have Windows XP Pro on my system.

One orther thing i forgot to say when i am in the graphics menu and i change my resaloution setting the game crashes to desktop :-(

i am think because my card is a geforce 4 ti 4800 maybe the Direct X inthe game needs DirectX 8.1 and the card may only support DX9 but then again i have other games installed like nascar 2003 Max Payne 2 which is a higher spec game then gp4

i hope this extra information helps

thanks
guys

Kawal
Date: March 22, 2004 12:31PM
Posted by: jawwad01
by the way , welcome to the forum.

Date: March 22, 2004 02:00PM
Posted by: dolinseks
try to install the newest drivers, and reinstall direct x 9.0b. Install your mobo drivers too, the latest one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy