bumpmapping
dynamic lighting
reflections high
shadows high

30fps 80 to 90 cpu on start line. avg: 60 yo 70 po race. 10 higher when rain

Re: system compares
Date: January 19, 2004 01:18AM
Posted by: MViper
Korn_Freak: don't know yet :) I'm still working on a new system and stuff.. it's brand new comp. :)

"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: January 19, 2004 06:03AM
Posted by: DogMachine
I'm a little bit disturbed...

I'm running the following...

Athlon XP2500+
Radeon 9200 256Mb
512Mb DDR
Soundblaster Audigy with Creative 5.1 Surround system
19" CRT monitor

I'm running at 1024x768 with everything on except for the bumpmapping (don't know what it is!) and the advanced lighting...I manage to get a half decent 35 fps out of it if I set the graphics manually (and this works fine!). If I set to Automatic it turns everything to medium and tells me I can only have 25 fps!

Why and how?

"My father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic"
- Spike Milligan
Date: January 19, 2004 06:37AM
Posted by: tux
it might be ure soundcard. creative are bad :) :P

Date: January 19, 2004 06:51AM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Yep, dont know why but SB Cards are not as good as you can read on many magazine`s.

For example. At times with my older pc (a p4 with elitegroup board and 512 mb 266er ram) i lost more than 10 frames if i used the sb card. But my old onboard sound chip doesnt support 5.1 and eax sound. So i had to use the sb card.

Same at this time with my new board and nforce sound chip (is it nforce?). I`m loosing performance with my sb live card. But if i use onboard sound (which is very good, supports digital sound out also + 5.1 + EAX 2.0 etc) i cant use 3d acc in GP4.

Does anyone knows why? The card supports more features than the sb live card but i cant use them in gp4. Btw. i installed old drivers, new drivers - every time same.

If someone has a solution for me please tell it. If not, i have to buy a new sound card but which? At the moment i dont have too much money. I plan to fly in winter hollidays (skiieng skying skiing??? what is correct ;) ). Which card is best on performance and price - no sb card please...)

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: January 19, 2004 06:57AM
Posted by: fongu
im thinking about a new soundcard....... i have two installs of GP4, and one of them the 3d acceleration on my onboard soundcard never works, the other one does, but not sure the EAX is right.

Date: January 19, 2004 07:21AM
Posted by: tux
i use the nforce audio drivers from download.com do a search on google for ac 97 driver download

Date: January 19, 2004 10:38AM
Posted by: Hal
I've been using the SB Live card since I built this PC, but I noticed that the EAX really hammered performance, so I don't use it (I can live without it). Does anyone think it's worth trying the on-board Nforce 2 sound? I couldn't do this before because I needed the game controller port on the card, but now everything's USB. I might back-up the XP installation and try uninstalling the SB drivers and using the on board. Am I thinking along the right lines here, or would that be a waste of time?

Haljazz
Date: January 19, 2004 11:50AM
Posted by: rickm550
SB Live cards seem to hog the processor and cause interferance on the pci bus causing slow downs and lockups. This was a major flaw in KT133 chipset (ie, ABIT KT7A)
This isnt such an issue with the Audigy cards now, they are more easy on the pci bus
You have to tweak ur bios if u want best performance from sb live cards or use it on a IRQ that dosent have many devices assigned to it

Post Edited (01-19-04 18:53)
Date: January 19, 2004 12:34PM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
www.realtek.com.tw for AC 97 ALC650 these are official drivers ... works well and I have eax on my gp4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything is acceptable to me except ... to be a Forgotten ... nothing is worse than that
Date: January 19, 2004 01:07PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
OK, i fixed my problem (without your help ;) ).

I allways forgot to install the soundstorm files. So i couldnt activate Sourround hardware accel. and so i couldnt use this in GP4. I think that was the problem because now it works very good.

Before i used the nforce soundchip i had some sound problems with soundupdate v1.5b. Couldnt hear TC, in 3D EAX sometimes i heard pit sounds during racing and many other things. I knew this was because of my soundcard - the sb live 5.1. Now all is ok, all sounds coming on correct time, can hear tc, no crickling sounds.

Very good.

Now i`m going to sell my sb live 5.1 card on ebay ;)

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: January 19, 2004 02:09PM
Posted by: watercolours
bumpmapping slows geforcefx5200. game looks great but it runs slow. 2003 made motogp2 game had stunning graphics, real asphalts and it runs smoother. how the hell they coded this game?

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: January 19, 2004 03:12PM
Posted by: raztahz
your bull*ing with a 64mb gfx theres no way you can run gp4
with 34fps and 1024x768 res with that cpu

sorry about that...we must be honest!!!

Date: January 19, 2004 04:35PM
lol , raztahz my friend , don´t be a bad boy :)
those guys who use that geforce use a tweaked f1graphics file and it is really good , I have 35 fps with that tweaked file ... with nothing changed I have 22 ....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything is acceptable to me except ... to be a Forgotten ... nothing is worse than that
Date: January 19, 2004 11:33PM
Posted by: b-tone
hey qwerty, do you think i could have a copy of your cfg?

ta.

____
Tony

Date: January 20, 2004 12:08PM
Posted by: watercolours
me too?

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: January 20, 2004 03:57PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
no probs - check your emails :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 20, 2004 04:00PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Today I got my AMD 64 :D and now in GP4 I get a Frame rate of 60FPS :) and only 20PO, granted its the original cars, but hey :P

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: January 20, 2004 04:39PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
holy crap! thats amazing...20%?? Lucky bugger :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 21, 2004 07:33AM
can you tell me where you live ? address everything ...
I think i´m gonna try to steal your pc ;).

Ah , could you pay me the trip?!? ;)

eheh , just kidding guys , I never stole a thing :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy