Track overlay map

Posted by Ricardo Lampert 
Re: Track overlay map
Date: October 20, 2003 10:44PM
Posted by: Dinga
Editing the .ini file is easy for custom images-making custom maps too(just a little more time consuming)

@Andrew D, thanks for the picture it really helps as I can get an idea of how the map outline is rotated for TV. Obviously I'd prefer the "classic" style, but this has taken so long that anything really is appreciated!

Interlagos anyone?
Date: October 21, 2003 01:37AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
You made the images in Photoshop didn't you?

If so, do you think you could release a template of the image, so that making custom maps is a bit easier?

Date: October 21, 2003 05:08AM
Posted by: Ricardo Lampert
Come on guys ! Just Interlagos map to Dinga finish his great track map !!!

RICARDO LAMPERT

RICARDO LAMPERT
Visit my blog at [ricardolampert.wordpress.com]
Date: October 21, 2003 11:36AM
Bernie-no I made the images in PSP7 and my template is a .psp file(plus 4 others for placing at timing sectors. Nice idea though-I'll have to give it some thought as writing the instructions is all I need to do and release it as a separate package in the future.

The template is basically a black screen with the 4 sector info boxes and text on the left hand side(and the extra text for the later part of the season screens), and some guides to aid positioning of the text. Then the map outline is made from a high quality .pdf file and cut and pasted(after some editing) in the correct position. Then the separate sector boxes are pasted in and the image merged to form one layer. After this the colours are split to R,G,B - I use the red,adjust the contrast and fill the sector boxes white to create a B/W image. This is then loaded as a mask and saved to the alpha channel! Finally the whole image is saved as a .tga file and you get what you see above!

The pack won't be released until the next version of GPxPatch is released as this fixes all of the bugs mentioned previously, and will initially contain just 2003 maps. Ric Lampert has asked me to do some of the older circuit layouts(Hockenheim,Nurburgring and Spa etc..),these will follow in due course. However, I travel a lot with my job so if you don't hear anything for periods of time-don't worry-I've not given up on this!
Date: October 21, 2003 12:23PM
Posted by: jginete
i've got it ricardo. wait a minute

Date: October 21, 2003 01:40PM
Posted by: Ricardo Lampert
Here is the Imola map made by Dinga:

Come on guys ! We are looking for the Interlagos map !

RICARDO LAMPERT

RICARDO LAMPERT
Visit my blog at [ricardolampert.wordpress.com]
Date: October 21, 2003 02:09PM
i dunno how to take screenshots from a video...

Date: October 21, 2003 02:16PM
Do you have a digital camera-or a friend who does?
Date: October 21, 2003 08:32PM
Posted by: vbc
Wow that's fantastic!!!!

I hope this image could help. :)

Check this Dinga
[www.geocities.com]

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Date: October 21, 2003 10:48PM
Yep-Thanks! Now just to be really fussy, And probably a final request. Does anyone have the world feed pictures(as in Ric's screenshots - not Digital TV)? Let's not give up just yet ;-) To all those who've helped so far-a massive thank you!

@ jginete. Any success? If you can't do this I have a suggestion. Print one of the above pictures and roughly draw the map position over the top to give me an idea of screen position and rotation. Adding sectors/data is not a problem. Is Your pic from this year? If so, Is the track named as Interlagos or Sao Paulo on the overlay?
Date: October 22, 2003 09:59AM

aqui tem! :p

Date: October 22, 2003 11:50AM
Thank you for this final piece of the jigsaw! Quite a bit of editing to do now, currently the backgrounds are totally transparent - I'd like to darken them a bit. Everyone please be patient - I know you want this ASAP, but with current GPxPatch(v3.50), it doesn't work exactly how I want it. However - Rene assures me the issues I have are fixed. And I would prefer to release as near to a perfect version that I can make.

Now for a near impossible request - anyone got footage from Spa2002/ 2001 and Hockenheim 2001? Just want to make it fully GP4 compatible too.

What I have made so far is the 2003 season with 2003 maps(Some that Ric has displayed have been reworked as they were 2002 standard)
Date: November 03, 2003 07:05PM
Posted by: NC
Well cant wait for the the release! they look amazing, very good job by all involved!!

cheers
Date: November 03, 2003 07:41PM
Posted by: F-2001
Show! Btw Ricardo, Imola parece outra pista agora! Thanks!
Date: November 06, 2003 06:54AM
Posted by: jawwad01
IS the update complete :P ?

Date: November 06, 2003 07:47AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
yeah waiting for this too, hope you can release it soon cause this item will rock for sure !!!

Greetings Steven
Date: November 07, 2003 12:29PM
Just back from working in Scotland - I'm knackered! Expect a release this weekend now that GPxPatch v3.51 is released I can release it as it only works with this version
Date: November 07, 2003 01:26PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Wow - that sounds good.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: November 07, 2003 01:52PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Well i must say thats sounds very very good. I am looking forward to this tool cause i find it one of the best things beside the pitbord and gp4tweaker.

Very good work man !

Greetings Steven
Date: November 08, 2003 12:59AM
Uploaded now! Quite a few improvements over the early shots that Ric has posted.

1 All track outlines totally re-done
2 Background transparency darkened

See what you think later!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy