Track overlay map

Posted by Ricardo Lampert 
Track overlay map
Date: October 19, 2003 04:18PM
Posted by: Ricardo Lampert
Here is a preview of Tag Heuer track ovelay map made by my friend Kev Bell. This maps appear during a short time before the starting lights.
Kev is asking help to find the images of this maps to Interlagos and Imola tracks. There are anybody that have recorded this two images from TV coverage of Interlagos'03 and Imola'03 to help him ?

RICARDO LAMPERT

RICARDO LAMPERT
Visit my blog at [ricardolampert.wordpress.com]
Re: Track overlay map
Date: October 19, 2003 04:30PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Wow thats great. I dont know where to find this images.

But SDI`s f1perview shows the track layout maps like the maps above. So i think they can be used. Simple screenshot of the map (with hypersnap) and work on them in paintshop or other programs.

Hope this helps.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: October 19, 2003 05:21PM
Posted by: schroeder
look here:

[www.racingcircuits.net.] ;)

schroeder
Date: October 19, 2003 05:43PM
Posted by: Andy Mad
Jesus! I'm gonna have a heart attack someday Ricardo :)

Date: October 19, 2003 09:02PM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
wow. I take it its gonna be released when all the maps are there?

Date: October 19, 2003 11:09PM
Posted by: Dinga
Yes, it will be released when all the maps are there-BUT! I need images from TV, not track outlines(I have these already). The maps I've made so far are all as appear on TV. Rotation,scaling etc..The map from Melbourne is NOT as appears on TV but a guess. So,this is my final request..If anyone can send images to me or Ric FROM TV of these screens of..Melbourne,Interlagos and Imola we'd be eternally grateful!
My mail k.r.bell@lineone.net
Date: October 20, 2003 12:09AM
Posted by: kjdesigns_2000
but what ever you say... this is the best thing(WIP) i have ever seen. certainly this will bring GP4 "Closer to reallity". Good work
Date: October 20, 2003 02:46AM
Posted by: ricky
How did you let the thing appear, Ricardo? Which image do you replace? I don't see a tag heuer image on my screen before starting race....
Date: October 20, 2003 04:12AM
I would say that they use the CInfo extention of GPxPatch to get the overlay image to appear. The same way people get other TV logos and the F1 logo in the bottom left of the screen.

Date: October 20, 2003 07:49AM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
Can I help you? :-)

Imola 2003 (my first live GP)

Samuele
32BOBO32
Date: October 20, 2003 08:22AM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
I made such pictures from german television (premiere) but deleted all files.

Hope that someone can help you out.

But: Dont you think its possible to create transparent images by yourself?

I mean: It should be possible to create the textes and icons and you can get the track maps from f1perview.

Think it can be possible if no one can help you out.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: October 20, 2003 11:26AM
@ Schimmy Mike. Yes-it's possible to create such images myself-that's what I've actually done! But for realism, I would like to see the TV image first so I can make it exactly as it appeared on TV. I have a template I made in PSP7 for text and use the official .pdf maps from TAG Heuer and with a bit of work create these images. There are a couple of bugs to address-one is being fixed by Rene.

@ Bernie. Correct-I'm using GPxCinfo for these images using track specific commands

@ Ricky. You won't see these images because they are not part of the track, but an add-on I'm working on

@ Samuele. Thank you very much for this! Will send mail later.

Come on guys only Melbourne and Interlagos to find-it's got to be out there somewhere.
Date: October 20, 2003 11:37AM
Posted by: matt
ricardo,i dont remember the sepang track being called "kuala lumpur"
Date: October 20, 2003 11:43AM
The track is Sepang but Kuala Lumpur appeared on TV! And Ric isn't making this mod-I am! He's just helping me out hosting some pics and trying to find the last pieces in the jigsaw-and beta testing. All greatly appreciated by me!Cheers mate!
Date: October 20, 2003 02:01PM
Posted by: Paco
matt, KUALA LUMPUR is the city where the Sepang circuit is... it's the capital of Malaysia, and there's where the Petronas Towers are!!!

I'm against sigpics
Date: October 20, 2003 02:26PM
Posted by: ricky
Well, I asked how you did it and. Seems you used GPxCInfo - which commands did you use?
Date: October 20, 2003 02:37PM
Posted by: matt
you learn something everyday!.nice work.
Date: October 20, 2003 03:09PM
For the commands used it's a little complicated to explain everything-best is to wait for final package to see how. The .ini file used is currently in 2003 order so before lights start to go on, the map for the particular circuit you are driving on is displayed and goes off before lights start to change. so for each image the command shorfortrack is used and to control on/off, range command is used.
Date: October 20, 2003 04:40PM
Posted by: AndrewD
Math wanted me to post this in case it helped as he couldn't:
[members.lycos.co.uk]

I can't see an IMG tag so I just posted a link!

If you think I'm insane, you should see my alien counterpart!
Date: October 20, 2003 06:54PM
Thats the BernieVision version of the same map. I think Dinga is after the normal World Feed ones.

Unfortunately, the F1 coverage is so poor in Australia, we don't get to see all that stuff before the race, so I'm really hanging out for this mod.

@Dinga - Do you think it would be hard to modify the images and ini file to fit custom circuits in GP3?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy