POWERHORSE Hungary HOTLAP

Posted by Pooky 
POWERHORSE Hungary HOTLAP
Date: August 26, 2003 02:16AM
Posted by: Pooky
Hi all the drivers,

can you please download the hungary zip file with all the laps in and please view my lap.

Because it might be deemed illegal as I went across the gravel at the fast chicane.

Bearing in mind:

I did not gain anytime, in fact i lost time

Thanks

Re: POWERHORSE Hungary HOTLAP
Date: August 26, 2003 07:12AM
Posted by: villej
There is something wrong whith your lap!
that's what happens when I watch your lap:

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: August 26, 2003 07:16AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

you heard the man, i am changing the rules making it possible to appeal Disqualification

what will happen is this

a thread will be opened, by myself or paul, and everyone who chooses to view the lap in question can, and then post there opinion on it. A VOTE will then take place to find out what will happen to said lap. The driver of the lap in question MAY Defend his lap, and please keep it non abusive :)

The reason i am starting this is, Paul says i have most to gain if he gets DQ (wich i do) and dosent agree with me that it should be dissalowed. I feel it should as he cut the last chicane on the inside (technicly have a look at it and u will see what I mean). wich is against the rules.

The final vote is FINAL people no appeals after that.

Date: August 26, 2003 07:19AM

Thanks VilleJ for posting those screens, as you can see he does cut the inside, but if you have the BLACK FLAGS disabled in GP4 tweaker, he will finish the lap

Date: August 26, 2003 07:30AM
Posted by: b-tone
i see exactly as Ville.
isn't cutting corners not allowed - regardless of whether they lose time, or if its voted or if its a judge?
on the plus tho, its the first hl if viewed that manged to get almost to the end.

____
Tony

Date: August 26, 2003 07:31AM
Posted by: broders
he stuffed it in the wall? or is that just villej's pc gone wrong :D

ill download it and tell you my verdict

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: August 26, 2003 08:07AM
well, on my pc i do not crash and i lose time because i skid out onto the gravel.

and i have uninstalled gp tweaker and i still make it too the finish so i dont know whats going on there

also, please people, bare in mind that if a drivier did that in real life F1 qualifying i doubt he would be penalised, because altho techincally i am cutting the inside of the corner, it is clear to see i lose loads of speed and time.

also, this is a chicane, not a conventional corner, so i am not like cutting a corner on a right angle corner if you know what i mean.

remember, you help me out and allow the lap to stay, and i wont forget people, next time your lap might be on the edge i will help you out.

also korn - i checked Fcarmo's lap og hungary and he used TC so i hope you took off 2 points for it

Date: August 26, 2003 08:07AM
Posted by: LarryM
Veeerrry interesting! Paul.

In some of my own old hotlaps in various tracks I have a similar problem. In the replay the car will follow the line taken by me and then suddenly half or 2 thirds of the way through, it goes crazy and crashes and never finishes the lap- just "bangs it's head against a barrier". It's similar to changing the layout of a track and trying to run a hotlap on it (eg. in F1C). I wondered about this and I think I have a thread on it somewhere here.

All I can think of is that I have changed the performance file (I think when I started submitting laps for this comp) and Neil had us download a specific performance file. I believe that all my laps run on the previous performance file will behave in a similar way.

So my question to Ville and b-tone is: Have you changed your performance file before viewing Paul's lap?. If so put the old one back and view again.

Of course I may be wrong. ;)

Another possibility is that you have been messing with other physics files. This has a similar effect but it starts almost immediately. Paul's apparent crash was on sector 3. I suspect the perf file.

Post Edited (08-26-03 15:09)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: August 26, 2003 08:11AM
im gonna be devastated if that lap is DQ.

i can see why people think it could be.

u aint got a clue how hard i tried in hungary

i was popping 1.12.0xx all the time, if i thorught that lap was anyway dodgy i would have sent one of those in

i get DQ, will mean a more boring championship

Date: August 26, 2003 08:17AM
Posted by: mclaren_rmn
Hey I'm experiencing the same problem.
Powerhorse, try to use the original GP4.exe, then see what happened.
I think you have changed the tyre grip and then set it back to 100%$ and do the hotlap. That's what happened to me.
Date: August 26, 2003 08:20AM
I tried GP4tweaker and if I disable black flags he don't crash.

Date: August 26, 2003 08:22AM
no guys - korn has the answer

i was not messing with any type pf performance file, apparently i had turned off black flags.

and due to that my car makes it around the circuit

but if you have black flags enabled it crashes.

i never new this, i am totally inncocent, therefore i should be let off,

either let off compltetly, or given a penalty of some kind like 5 points or something

Date: August 26, 2003 08:33AM

how about we have a vote on what penalty he gets?

Date: August 26, 2003 09:37AM
0.001 second penalty to powerhorse! ;)

Date: August 26, 2003 09:41AM
Posted by: fcarmoracing
I don´t wanna enjury powerhorse, but I think he should get a time penalty, or maybe a five-point penalty, and next time he does that, he gets DQ!!!!

I did a very good lap, I think it was a 1:11.73x.... but when I watched it, I saw that I touched the gravel a little bit on the last chicane, and didn´t keep the wheels on the kerb completely!!!! So, I gave up of that one, and sent a slower lap (1:11.771) to Korn, a lap that was legal at least!!!!

so, to make things fair to us, that concern about the legality of our laps, powerhorse should get at least some kind of penalty.... not to enjury him, but to make things fair for everybody!!!!

maybe he didn´t do that in porpose, maybe he didn´t gain any time with that.... but imagine how unfair that would be to all of the others competitors, if powerhorse doesn´t get any penalty!!!! hope you guys understand that.... :)

Post Edited (08-26-03 16:43)

Now you CAN sponsor me, click picture and know how
Date: August 26, 2003 09:43AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
I can!
DOWN WITH PAUL!! DOWN WITH PAUL!!! (;)j/k)

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: August 26, 2003 09:52AM

im with Fabio 5 points penalty, it wasnt done deliberate coz i know paul isnt a cheater.

lol lanky

Date: August 26, 2003 10:03AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
yeah, hes admitting it and being quite fair IMO. :)

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: August 26, 2003 10:05AM
Posted by: b-tone
4. Racing Hotlap

-5. It is not allowed to cut distance by cutting corners. The driver should have 2 wheels on the track or vertically over the track at alltime. The track is asphalt, white lines and kerbs. This rule is applyed only to inside corners, when distance was cut, and for chicanes. Besides it is not allowed to touch walls for increased braking. Please refrain from sending in laps that you're not sure about yourself.

7. Punishments for breaking

-1. For breaking rules competitors are punished in the following ways:
- hotlap is rejected after visual checking by jury - You'll get an explanation by email and your lap is not valid

rules is rules.

this whole hotlap thing is a bit dubious. i've never viewed one from start to finish, even with a clean install.

____
Tony

Date: August 26, 2003 10:10AM
Posted by: fcarmoracing
maybe your windows is XP b-tone?

Now you CAN sponsor me, click picture and know how
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy