POWERHORSE Hungary HOTLAP

Posted by Pooky 
Re: POWERHORSE Hungary HOTLAP
Date: August 26, 2003 10:14AM
Posted by: Pooky
i have been honest, i am NOT a cheater, i didnt realise it would be invalid, for some reason i thorght the gravel there was on the outside!

a 5 point penalty is severe enough i think - gonna make it hard for me with neil so close behind me and on the form he is on!

Date: August 26, 2003 10:25AM
Posted by: fcarmoracing
yeah, but Neil, leave this voting opened for like 3 or 2 days before taking any decision.... it´s enough time to people come, think about it, and post their opinions!!!!

Now you CAN sponsor me, click picture and know how
Date: August 26, 2003 12:33PM
Posted by: norseS4
I with b-tone. I feel that the rules should be followed. It's too easy to say that it wasn't intentionally, but impossible to prove, eighter way. So to avoid future insecurity, let's go 100% by the rules. But maybe because of his honesty, paul could be given a chance to send in another, and valid hotlap instead?? I'm sure he has another one with a good time set.

And another question: If GP4 tweaker is used on the GP4.exe when hotlapping, is it possible to check whether the wheel-grip value has been altered?? THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POWERHORSE'S CASE!!! It's just a general question....

Date: August 26, 2003 12:57PM
Posted by: markko
Rules are always Rules!

PS. I am gonna join next season!

Date: August 26, 2003 01:03PM
Posted by: LarryM
Come on guys, it's just a game. I have black flags disabled too and it's not against the rules is it? I would let pal keep his points. he was driving in good faith.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: August 26, 2003 01:05PM
I have black flags disabled, they SUCK! I know he drives in good faith, but, ah I dont know, I just think rules are rules. Maybe an exception?!

Date: August 26, 2003 01:06PM
thanks larry. nice to have a friend in this.

i understand i broke the rules by running off the track, and for this i dont mind being penalized 5 points

a bit like how Ralf Schumacher was let off with a fine only.

So, i dont mind taking the penalty.

If i lose all my points, I am telling you, i will also then come down like a tonne of bricks on the regs

and ANY lap thats does not play on my computer - like norses4 from hungary, will be DQ

Date: August 26, 2003 01:09PM
WOW! Harsh! I am keeping out this discussion, it aint really my part to say what comes out, i aint even in this competition, yet!

Date: August 26, 2003 04:44PM
Seeing earlier in this tread, about GP4 tweaker, might be the answer that ur not able to see my hotlap. On the GP4 instalation I use for this competition, the tweaker hasn't touched.....

Date: August 26, 2003 04:48PM
And anyway, if mine is DQed, I don't mind. As I had only 1 day avaleable to run, the lap sucked......

Date: August 26, 2003 05:03PM
Posted by: Ellis
can sum1 posts picuters of the corner WITHOUT him crashing so i can judge? GP4 not working here on my fresh install of windows yet

Rules are rules

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 26, 2003 05:53PM
Posted by: stevewaller
rules are rules but i think paul should be given the benefit of the doubt as he is clearly a good guy who spends alot of time on this forum and hotlapping GP4. He should be allowed to submit another lap rather than have a 5pt penalty and then after this incident everyone knows the rules and will be extra careful not to go off the track. I for one lapped over 120 laps at Hungary over the two week period and i would feel devestated if i was in pauls shoes and they penalised me.

Regarding GPTweaker, I do not use it and i think that it should be in the rules not to use it as there seems to be some descrepancies regarding grip levels and stuff. I also think we should keep the crappy black flag penalty on as then you know that no one is cutting corners!!

Steve ;););)

Post Edited (08-27-03 00:55)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jenson Button and BAR..........Watch them fly in 2004
Date: August 26, 2003 06:01PM
Posted by: sasjag
rules are rules peeps, and as he is clearly not Micheal Schumacher or driving a ferrari, he shud be punished as the rules state!

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: August 26, 2003 07:03PM
Posted by: Ellis
I dont drive the leageu, so IMO you SHOULD use tweaker. In Monza it caused black flags, even if u have wheels on the kerbs.

Tweaker should be used IMO, cos the black flag rule isnt well done at all.

I wud like to see pics of what was done with tweaker activated to see what i think.

but rules are rules, and rules apply to all remember, but i wud like to see the corner before i see if a rule is borken

If this is how far off the track he was, then yes, sry Powerhorse, but that cant be allowed because it did break the rules

IMO no penelty, but no lap wud be sufficient. He submitted it thining it was legal, not for cheating

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 26, 2003 09:22PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

the Voting will close on Friday at midnight GMT

here are our options so far

1. Complete DQ of this lap
2. 5 points removed from tally
3. Gets to send in another lap

I say 5 points

thats my vote

Date: August 26, 2003 09:34PM
Posted by: LarryM
Following the principal that the law cannot be changed in retrospect, I say let Paul submit another lap.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: August 26, 2003 10:49PM
Posted by: villej

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: August 26, 2003 10:53PM
Posted by: villej
In future we should make a rule which allows/don't allows to disable black flags in gp4 tweaker.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: August 26, 2003 11:35PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
Crucify him! Crucify him!

I'm just working on the pics above, why would you have sent that lap in? esp considering cos u run the whole thing anyway, surely you've read the rules?
All a bit strange to me...

Date: August 27, 2003 01:42AM
hi,

i might be off the circuit, but gravel is slower than concrete!!!

ps: i dont know if i have saved any other laps

and i dont think submitting another lap is the right thing to do because it contradicts what we have said about sending in the lap after the closing date and time.

hehe - this is good for people that dont like me to get me back!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy