Re: F1C....just played it
Date: August 02, 2003 05:51AM
Posted by: genesis
100th POST! :D

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: August 02, 2003 06:03AM
Posted by: Abstraction
Can we end this dabate now by simply everyone giving it a score out of 10?

i'm getting it tommorow regardless of the comments by ellis, It doesn't matter which is better, U can play both u know :P

Andrew. Australia.
Date: August 02, 2003 07:06AM
Posted by: genesis
8 out of 10.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: August 02, 2003 07:37AM
Posted by: Stan
Date: August 02, 2003 08:12AM
Posted by: Ellis
Ellis, as moderator of this forum please accept my apology for the personal attack's that have been provoked by Valium oh my bad Varun.

It takes a big man to apologise, altho i did not ask for one anyway :)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 02, 2003 08:38AM
Posted by: Stan
does the shadows and rain of are this good ?

Date: August 02, 2003 08:42AM
Posted by: matthewp
not at all, but the graphics are nice enough to be functional which is good enough for me. convincing and challanging driving dynamics is what i'm after

i'd give it 7-8 out of 10, the shame is its got so much potential which wont be harnessed because sony have got the license and will just produce shoddy arcade console games

Date: August 02, 2003 08:45AM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
"""Ellis, as moderator of this forum please accept my apology for the personal attack's that have been provoked by Valium oh my bad Varun.

It takes a big man to apologise, altho i did not ask for one anyway

Ellis ""

Oh Ellis please don't make me the bad boy of this forum, I already apologised for cursing though.See my previous post above

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: August 02, 2003 11:36AM
Posted by: LS.
ok i have tweaked my settings a little in F1C and the driving model seems better

i have downloaded some setups which have also helped, but the thing i'm having trouble with is the sideways sliding,

the car moves sideways when cornering, as if its slipping to the outside of the corner as if on a icy patch

what can be done to cure this?

i remember martin brundle commenting on this during the GP coverage at silverstone, and he said that during cornering the car does actually move sideways,

But surely not to this extent in F1C, i'm entering a corner and not carrying too much speed in to the apex, just enough to get through it with out crashing out but the car slides sideways and i slip off the track

what can i do to stop this? it cant be right

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 02, 2003 11:58AM
Posted by: ralphi
Hakkinnen if you don't like it can you send me the cd.. or just send everything on the cd via email?

Date: August 02, 2003 04:57PM
Posted by: MercuryGP
Why don't we just agree on something...

Ellis you have been putting F1C down in all posts, we understand thats your personal views, but if you don't like, DONT PLAY IT ?

Everyone obviouly has different views, so why dont we just play the game we like the most and leave it there?

They are both very good games, i do think we shouldnt compare until F1C has the amount of tweaks and edits as GP4. Obviously GP4 having the upper hand as its been out longer.

I remember when GP4 1st came out, you couldnt even edit Carshapes, now look at it, with the new track editor, its gonna be excellent. I say we give F1C a chance, if we can edit and add seasons, circuits, NT cars on the right circuits, etc.. to the game within a few months of it being on the shelves, think what it may be like in the time that GP4 has been out...

AMD Athlon 64 3200 - Asus K8VSE Deluxe Motherboard - Antec TruePower 550W PSU - Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu Ultra-Quiet CPU Cooler - GeIL 1GB PC3200 Golden Dragon CAS2 - Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 Pro 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI - Western Digital Caviar 120GB Special Edition 8MB Cache Serial ATA - Samsung SC-152AEBB 52x CD-ROM - NEC ND2500A 8x DVD±R/±RW - OcUK Floppy Drive - Windows XP Pro - Chenbro Gaming Bomb with Side Window - Samsung Samtron 76E 17" CRT Monitor
Date: August 02, 2003 05:38PM
Ellis you have been putting F1C down in all posts

I have also listed the good points about F1C, which i will once again

4 season of F1 (now 5)
Great online play (almsot NO lag)
Editability out of the box.

Im sure there was something else i missed....?

Oh, different physics per car and iit doesnt need a NASA machine to run full res.

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 02, 2003 05:58PM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
What spec is your PC? i havent got the hottest PC in the world but can get GP4 playing quite nicely at a good speed with vipers cars (and others) most settings on high, the only thing that slowed mine down was that blooming 9.6 patch for some reason, so i reinstalled. Problem solved!

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: August 02, 2003 06:09PM
I have 1.2Ghz, GeForce 4Ti 4200, 256Mb SD RAM (SD!!! :() and WinXP Pro

GP4 unpatched runs great, and the 9,6 patch helps even more...but as soon as i start adding new cars my FPS drops and PO goes through the roof

Vipers cars have lower LODs (i think), but the poly count kills me PC. Wais orgional McLaren didnt seem to come with a lower LODs so that doesnt help either. And cars that have textures 1024x1024 also. Not only cant i see the difference, it kills my PC! I think Vipers BAR has ultra-hi and hi versions which again means, i cant go near it

Its ashame these great cars are posted and not everyone ahs the ability to enjoy it

CART mod looks great and yet plays at a good FPS!? Why cant the 2003 F1 cars be like that?

Im waiting for the ITC mod cos that shud help. And i hope that the GT mod me and Sim are working on will help also as we reduced the poly count alot, with many thanx to alot of F1 200x modders :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy