F1C....just played it
Date: July 28, 2003 06:20AM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
ok i bought the game
and played it
and what the f****????
is thise realy a game
it sukcs
it seems that ea sports took all its f1 games and combined them in one thats all
only the cars looks good
but for what???
very ugly ciricutes...ugly driving
the pit is like ghost city ..u feel very alone when u drive
in GP4 it feels alife .........u realy belive there r ppl in the pit
Re: F1C....just played it
Date: July 28, 2003 06:29AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
I agree! thats why I got my money back!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: July 28, 2003 06:31AM
u did???
i didn,t
it only costs 1 $ here
Date: July 28, 2003 06:34AM
Posted by: Abstraction
try the update rh has made, they say it only worth getting if u get that patch.

Andrew. Australia.
Date: July 28, 2003 06:38AM
I did get that patch, It was good! All credit to RH's team! I just hated the game though!

Date: July 28, 2003 06:39AM
lol

Andrew. Australia.
Date: July 28, 2003 06:39AM
nay....
nothing can make such agame worth playing
i remember when i first tried Gp4 i was like..wow
tell now i can,t believe that i used to see GP4 in the game shop and say to my self
(do i buy thise game.???.....no..i got my EA sport one)
tell the day my friend said..lets try it we will loose nothing

Date: July 28, 2003 06:50AM
hmmm lots of people are anti EA here...

Andrew. Australia.
Date: July 28, 2003 06:52AM
I'm not anti-ea! I love There games like Medal Of Honor, Fifa Series, SimCity, C&C etc. . . Just don't like F1C!

Date: July 28, 2003 07:30AM
Posted by: genesis
But those are by EA Games - different department from EA Sports.

I agree, EA sports games are usually very shoddy, but F1C and all of Ea games's games are very good imo.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: July 28, 2003 09:59AM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
Hakkinen F1,

Ya really.I was actually a EA sports Fanatic.I have f1 200, f1 2001 and then when I saw gp3 I still felt f1 2001 is better.But I downloaded GP4 from kazaa, man the first time I raced I actually experienced racing.I was so excited that I immediately collected 30 $ and went to the store to buy GP4.I searced all day to find a shop with gp4 original box version although.And man is this real racing or what? Since then whenever EA released a F1 game I say to myself, naah...! GP4 is better.

I am also not a EA anti guy or somethin' becos I love FIFA 2003, Medal of honor allied assault etc...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: July 28, 2003 09:47PM
Posted by: captainvik
I have F1 2002 but don't play it at all.....

from day one I always like gp4 best...

I have gone back to F1 2002 several times to try and get into it as I like all racing games but it just doesn't grab me and I get pissed off with it.

I had F1 2000 and loved it until F1 RC came out but Ubisoft killed that with no patch.

Is F1 Challenge really crap ? Is it worth a go or just same old game as F1 2002 ?

Would appreciate unbiased opinion from other racers.

cheers
vik

P4 2.85gig Albatron mobo 512mb Corsair3200LL Ram 19"Auriga Mon. SBLive! + 4point surround spkrs. Thrustmaster F1 FF Wheel. Radeon9500pro Cat3.4 drivers. GP4 55fps 1024*768 - No VideoWalls/HeatHaze - Mirrors On.
Date: July 28, 2003 09:57PM
Posted by: LarryM
I't not crap. It is flawed and it is getting better all the time. There are A! problems and some serious FPS problems which affaect the driving experience. The AI still needs to be solved but I am seem to have found some solutions for the fps problems.
RH is genius. At the moment my 2003 season runs withnon tobacco cars in France , UK and USA and The T3 and "pink panther" versions of the jag in Monaco and Silverastone repectively. Tantra's pdated tracks are really something with all kinds of new details and updated shapes for Monaco, Canada, Nurburgring, A1.

The editability and the structure of the game will make it a success. GP4 is very good and very ATTRACTIVE. F1C is more difficult. Everyone makes their choice. Or not. I can't decide between the games..and I don't have to. I drive them both at the moment.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: July 28, 2003 11:10PM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
Wait till we get a track editor(by madman) and boy isn't GP4 the best!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: July 29, 2003 01:35AM
Posted by: jawwad01
I also not Anit - EA
I really Like EAs Fifa series .
First time i played Gp4 i was really excited than i Tried F12002 but somehow didnt like it and went back to gp4.
still looking for F1 C Cd :(
I believe If EA works on a F1 GAME like they do on FIFA ..... than we might get a game to beat Gp4 .

Date: July 29, 2003 02:14AM
Posted by: urk10
If you have a high end computer GP4 is better,but for a low end computer GP4 is a slide show.Bottom line is,both games are crap on a low end computer and F1C is still crap on a high end computer:D

Based on a true story

:)
Date: July 29, 2003 05:23AM
Posted by: matthewp

I't not crap. It is flawed and it is getting better all the time. There are A! problems and some serious FPS problems which affaect the driving experience. The AI still needs to be solved but I am seem to have found some solutions for the fps problems.
RH is genius. At the moment my 2003 season runs withnon tobacco cars in France , UK and USA and The T3 and "pink panther" versions of the jag in Monaco and Silverastone repectively. Tantra's pdated tracks are really something with all kinds of new details and updated shapes for Monaco, Canada, Nurburgring, A1.

The editability and the structure of the game will make it a success. GP4 is very good and very ATTRACTIVE. F1C is more difficult. Everyone makes their choice. Or not. I can't decide between the games..and I don't have to. I drive them both at the moment.

I think this sums it up nicely.
If you'd actually played ISI's older F1 games and then tried F1C it would be blatently obvious that they havent just "took all its f1 games and combined them in one thats all" the physics engine is much better than the previous games and its complexity makes GP4 seem very basic indeed (suspension geometry anyone?) I think GP4 is a very good game but I play it for quick arcade racing against the excellent AI wheras if I want a difficult driving experience (thats why they get the best drivers in the world to drive F1 cars instead of train drivers) where I can actually enjoy just driving around on my own and tweaking the setup in preperation for the race than I play F1C.
In GP4 you can go to a new track and be competetive within a few laps, in F1C it takes a long time, if you were in an F1 car which would you honestly think would be closer to reality?

Post Edited (07-29-03 12:24)

Date: July 29, 2003 05:33AM
Posted by: Ellis

The AI doesnt have probles the AI IS A PROBLEM.

Never had any FPS issues - a great point for me, it runs perfectly

I wudnt say its a "crap game" (IMO), but i certainly think some parts are REALLY REALLY bad - track layouts, weather effects, damage, AI and you STILL have the feeling of not being connected to the tarmac. And still using the F1 2002 dull lifeless sketchy gfx engine

GP4 - AMAZING AI, almost perfect tracks, brilliant weather effects, full damage, altho not sensitive enough (fixed with GP4 tweaker), and it feels like your driving an object on tarmac rather than something the weight of a book floating above the tarmac.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 29, 2003 07:00AM
Posted by: matthewp
The AI can be dodgy in some situations (like when you stop in the track they'll drive straight into you) but when you're actually racing them they are very good, its not easy to overtake (if you download a fix to sort out their top speeds) and they are not easy to keep behind either. The starts in F1C are also infinitely better than GP4, in GP4 you can start last and just drive past half of the cars by the first corner (they almost stop at T1 Monaco) what I tend to do is just slow down and hold my position as its almost like cheating but this takes away from the excitment of the start. In F1C if I gain a few places I know its because I just did a great start and you can easily end up losing places

Date: July 29, 2003 07:03AM
Posted by: Ellis
The AI can be dodgy in some situations (like when you stop in the track they'll drive straight into you)

The AI is dodgy in all situations

Drive behind them at the chicane after the tunnel in monaco and watch what they do.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy