F1C....just played it

Posted by Hakkinenf1 
Re: F1C....just played it
Date: August 01, 2003 09:58AM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
:) lol.!

Post Edited (08-01-03 23:17)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: August 01, 2003 10:06AM
Posted by: Ellis
GP4 vs F1C will turn out like F1 200x vs GP3

GPx will once again produce more add-on items and keep alot more fans than the life-span of the game really should have. GPx community is stronger than the EA Games community.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 01, 2003 10:16AM
;)

Post Edited (08-01-03 23:18)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: August 01, 2003 11:29AM
Posted by: matthewp
for a start this thread was started by someone who was bashing F1C so they should have put it in the off topic forum so stop implying that people shouldn't talk about that game in here.

The weather effects are rubbish
The AI is rubbish and cut the corner in monaco
The gfx are dull and shoddy
The tracks look nothing like the real thing
The kerbs spin the car in an insatant, but in some cases' kerbs are simply flat concreate rather than
Not enougn grip at high speed (the faster you go, the more grip you should have, not in F1C)
And the career challenge was removed from PC version (wasnt that half the point in the game in the first place

1 Graphically the weather effects are nothing special but as far as the feel of the car is very convincing IMO, seeing as you didn't go into any more debth I won't either

2 The AI do cut the chicane at Monaco, what a disaster! this doesn't alter the fact that with a few tweaks to the PLR file which takes about 10 seconds they are very competitive and difficult to overtake which can't be said for GP4, they also are much quicker at the start than GP4 although this still needs to be improved.

3 I agree the graphics aren't as good as GP4 but they are not bad at all with exception of the replays

4 The tracks aren't the best but even though some are flawed most of them seem pretty accurate, i've been driving Melbourne, Silverstone and Monza a lot and they are very good as is Brazil and Spa, I haven't tried the others yet. I'm talking track layouts I really don't think its important if a tyre barrier is in the wrong place or whatever.

5 Riding kerbs is often described as difficult in F1 and it is in F1C, you can ride flat kerbs without a problem so I dont see you're point and you should spin if you hit a kerb at high speed (apart from at corner exit) unless you're not turning as the kerb lifts the car off the ground, raising the ride height which greatly reduces the downforce produced by the undercar airflow and diffuser

6 Don't know where you get that idea from, grip does increase greatly at high speeds and there is lots of it if you are very smooth with you're inputs which is exactly how the cars are driven these days

7 The career more was never in the PC version, the point was to provide 4 seasons to choose from which it did

Finally about the communities, true the Gp4 community is excellent and is doing a great job in making progress when initially the game seemed almost impossible to edit (thanks Geoff) but the F1C community is very strong as well, its only been out a few weeks and we've already got a 2003 season package that not only changes the cars but the tracks (seperate to the RH set) and implements the new points system and one shot qualifying. There are also lots of setups, AI tweaks and several mods already underway. I would say thats a pretty active community who put out good work and are helped by the fact that the developers were not so short sighted as to not realise that being able to edit a game greatly increases its lifespan - you can easily edit pretty much everything about F1C and the developers even went out of their way to put things that would never be used in F1 racing into F1C like headlights, handbrakes and night racing

Post Edited (08-01-03 18:32)

Date: August 01, 2003 11:33AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
its only been out a few weeks and we've already got a 2003 season package

To be fair, RH did work on the F1C Project hence knew how to implement textures, I wouldn't be surprised If he had started work on the textures before F1C was actually released!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: August 01, 2003 11:44AM
Posted by: simfan
aquarius_varun or valium chill out!
Once and for all, this thread topic is about F1C! not GP4! this is why I am here posting my view's! Have I gone into a GP4 thread and blasted it, NO!
I only have posted in a F1C thread..and that is fact..you call me names and do not show me respect..I show respect to Grandprixgames by posting in a thread that is specific to F1C..I did not start the thread, I do not have the power to move the thread, but I do have the power to post my view's.
I would advise you to stay away from thread's clearly labeled F1C! wether it's in this forum or in the OFF TOPIC FORUM!

I have only posted to add to the incredible one sided view here that GP4 is the best sim.

I find it hard that you guy's don't acknowledge that GP4 is a beast to update, the online play is non-exsistant, the FFB leaves alot to desire, the Wheel setup is almost crazy, the car setup screen has not changed in 5 or so year's..nor has gp4 car physic's, either they have been extrememly advanced 5 year's ago "i doubt it" or GC was too damn lazy to update them hence the same setup option's 5 year's later???? you tell me!

matter of fact from what I read here..GP4 is only a skeleton of a platform, why would I have to change every single aspect of the game to achieve sim status???? and what I can't change, I hear I will be able to change in the future. Come on!

Ellis thanks for the invite to stay and the snide "you can leave if you want" ;)

yeah Valium! get a backbone and speak for yourself idiot..btw this is a F1C THREAD!
sim
Date: August 01, 2003 11:47AM
I only have posted in a F1C thread..and that is fact..you call me names and do not show me respect..I show respect to Grandprixgames by posting in a thread that is specific to F1C..I did not start the thread, I do not have the power to move the thread, but I do have the power to post my view's.
I would advise you to stay away from thread's clearly labeled F1C! wether it's in this forum or in the OFF TOPIC FORUM!

well put

Date: August 01, 2003 01:15PM
Posted by: Ellis
its only been out a few weeks and we've already got a 2003 season package that not only changes the cars but the tracks (seperate to the RH set) and implements the new points system and one shot qualifying.

MAtt, u realise this is the same code and stuff as F1 200x with exception of the physics? Its like GTA3 - GTA VC. Everything ports over with extreame ease.

If GP3 - GP4 was the same then it wud port over just as easy.

If F1C ppl had to start at the same point GP4 ppl did then they wudnt be in the situation we ahve now. Its editable cos its F1 2002, with new models and new physics.

1 Graphically the weather effects are nothing special but as far as the feel of the car is very convincing IMO, seeing as you didn't go into any more debth I won't either

CMR2 had better weather effects :|

2 The AI do cut the chicane at Monaco, what a disaster! this doesn't alter the fact that with a few tweaks to the PLR file which takes about 10 seconds they are very competitive and difficult to overtake which can't be said for GP4, they also are much quicker at the start than GP4 although this still needs to be improved.

GP4 seems pretty hard to pass to me, and if the AI wants to come thro, its bloody hard to stop them also. Its not just the monaco thing either. They are very twichy along side you, and on strights they dont see other cars and simply drive tho them. Has this been repaired yet? Especially the twichy alongside cos its pretty terrible having someone alongside like that

3 I agree the graphics aren't as good as GP4 but they are not bad at all with exception of the replays

If its the same replays as F1 2002 then they are gona be bad :(. the cars moved really silly accross the tarmac, especailly the AI cars. I dont remember F1 2001 having this problem tho.

7 The career more was never in the PC version, the point was to provide 4 seasons to choose from which it did

No real reason why it shud be removed. On every other platofrm this was F1 Career...now it isnt. Stupid. Adding it in wud have made another plus point for the game, and it wasnt like it was being rushed to beat another game out was it?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 01, 2003 01:43PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Gotta say the Career was one of the selling points of MGPRS2 when it first came out, and when F1C 99-02 was announced for the PC, I thought they said that it would have a career mode? but I may be wrong.

Fact is, some people prefer F1C, other people prefer GP4, Dosn't mean that the other game totally as some people put it, "sucks". Even though I really don't like F1C, dosn't mean its all bad, Its got bags of potential! Main problem is the fact that the AI isn't very good, I think Ellis put it well when he said the AI are just A, and no I. Its a great pitty that EA Sports and Infogrames have lost the FIA rights to Sony, as GP4 and F1C are likley now to be the last (Well until Sony lose the contract) as both of these games have massive potential! Just no one to build on it now :( Even though I prefer GP4, I play both now. GP4 for single player, F1C for multiplayer. If F1C was a sole Multiplayer game, it would be great! The AI in GP4 isn't exacly World Class!!! But I personally think its more of a challenge than F1C is.

Post Edited (08-01-03 20:45)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: August 01, 2003 02:25PM
Hey SimFan,

lets not brew up a battle here.I couldn't remember if ur name was simracingfan for simfan, so hence I used ""Simracing fan or whatever".So u have mistaken me that I have called u names

Come on dude, we are all different guys playing the games we like the most.You like F1C, we all like GP4.I am not a anti EA kinda guy, I also love the other EA games like Fifa 2003 and NHL 2003.I used to love F1 2001.But since I got Gp4 it has taken over my attention.

Ok I apologise for if I have talked in a harsh way.I had actually written a different message earlier, but I editied my post now becosz I know I am doing wrong.I espect that u have respect for grandprixgames.com.I also don't want to lose my respect to all the guys here at the forum.I am also sorry for telling "sucks", but I couldn't help when u gave comments like that against all the other guys.But I know that it was wrong on my part.

So I hope you forget the posts or the messages and the hardships we had against each other.Lets enjoy racing, you ur way in F1 c, and myself in GP4.
becoz whatever we ever write when neverchange our opinion on the games and if we just go continuing fighting it will be meaningless.

I am sorry again for the rudeness I gave in my replies to ur comments, guess I should control my short temper.

Enjoy F1C your way and we all will enjoy GP4 our way.
Thanx for coming to Gp4 forum and posting ur comments regarding the games.

Bye

Post Edited (08-01-03 22:52)

Date: August 01, 2003 03:48PM
you started the name calling Valium...you need to relax and speak for yourself and not we/us....I would hope that you are an individual..as I would hope that you do not speak for the community here at GPGames.org

aquarius_varun wrote:
"Man that dim racing fan or whoever sucks"

And this came at me with no remark's made toward's you from me. I was cristal clear with my viewpoint's, my response of idiot was to you because you typed like an idiot. simpleton as that..LOL

Ellis, as moderator of this forum please accept my apology for the personal attack's that have been provoked by Valium oh my bad Varun.

P.S. Valium your tounge needs to be checked and please stop addressing me. I will stop addressing you if you do the same.

SIMFAN
Date: August 01, 2003 03:51PM
oh yes...please stop cursing..there truly is no need for that to get your point across
sim
Date: August 01, 2003 03:55PM
Hey SimFan,

lets not brew up a battle here.I couldn't remember if ur name was simracingfan for simfan, so hence I used ""Simracing fan or whatever".So u have mistaken me that I have called u names

Come on dude, we are all different guys playing the games we like the most.You like F1C, we all like GP4.I am not a anti EA kinda guy, I also love the other EA games like Fifa 2003 and NHL 2003.I used to love F1 2001.But since I got Gp4 it has taken over my attention.

Ok I apologise for if I have talked in a harsh way.I had actually written a different message earlier, but I editied my post now becosz I know I am doing wrong.I espect that u have respect for grandprixgames.com.I also don't want to lose my respect to all the guys here at the forum.I am also sorry for telling "sucks", but I couldn't help when u gave comments like that against all the other guys.But I know that it was wrong on my part.

So I hope you forget the posts or the messages and the hardships we had against each other.Lets enjoy racing, you ur way in F1 c, and myself in GP4.
becoz whatever we ever write when neverchange our opinion on the games and if we just go continuing fighting it will be meaningless.

I am sorry again for the rudeness I gave in my replies to ur comments, guess I should control my short temper.

Enjoy F1C your way and we all will enjoy GP4 our way.
Thanx for coming to Gp4 forum and posting ur comments regarding the games.

Bye

Simfan I editied my post above guess u saw it before I did it.

Date: August 01, 2003 04:10PM
Hey simfan,

reagarding
aquarius_varun wrote:
"Man that dim racing fan or whoever sucks"

I mistakely typed dim racing fan instead of sim racing fan.Thats the reason I apologised in my above post.I am really sory becos i got the point u actually wanted to inform in all ur posts about F1c later.I really again want to apologise to the grandprixgames.com community and you personally.

I was just hardpressed whenu came here and telling GP4 sucks.

I just want to request you to forget the total incident of both of us calling each other names and cursing.

Again and again, Let us enjoy what each of us wants, you can enjoy F1C and I will Gp4.

U r always welcome here and I respect your post regarding both the games.
I will now remove all the posts I wrote in this thread becos I know what I wrote was wrong and I am ashamed of it.

Bye.

Date: August 01, 2003 04:10PM
accepted and thank you..I go in peace ;)
take care and DRIVE ON!
sim
Date: August 01, 2003 04:15PM
Oh so u were here while I was writing the post.I was really ver happy to see

"""accepted and thank you..I go in peace
take care and DRIVE ON!
sim"""

I am again very very sorry for all that hard comments I wrote about you.I must really learn a lesson in respecting peoples opinions and understanding what they really meant before writing a reply.Thanx to u I have learnt my 1st chapter in it.

Hope u don't take the things to heart.My heart again was in peace once I saw ur latest post.

Enjoy F1C and if u ever feel like coming back to GP4 you r always welcome back to the Gp4 community.I just wish the whole Gp4 community forgives me for the foolishness of my stupid comments.

Thanx and take care.Hope to hear you comment soon.

Date: August 01, 2003 04:22PM
MAtt, u realise this is the same code and stuff as F1 200x with exception of the physics? Its like GTA3 - GTA VC. Everything ports over with extreame ease.

yes I realise that and its a credits to the developers that they made it as easy as possible to mod the game, something I noticed is that ISI included the radio messages for all the new drivers for 03 even though it wasn't included in the game, I really can't imagine Geoff doing that, his team seemed to go out of its way to make GP4 hard to mod

Date: August 01, 2003 06:04PM
Posted by: LS.
quite why on earth we have this damn gp4 vs F12000/F1Challenge is beyond me.

enjoy which ever you like neither are accurate sims, you want that kind of realism then get a military company that creates combat or civil aviation real life simulators that real life pilots train in.

these F1 games are meant as fun, nothing more

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 01, 2003 06:35PM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
..and its only taken 568 posts to come to this conclusion! Made great reading though.

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: August 01, 2003 07:38PM
Posted by: Dave63
And for my first post in this wonderful forum, I must chime in and say......Just got GP4 and enjoy it quite a lot. Have F1C and enjoy it also. I like the road feel and atmosphere of GP4. F1C has lovely eye candy and some other strong points. Call it a wash! You CAN enjoy them both you know :) Square on the fence and no one's the wiser.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy