F1C....just played it

Posted by Hakkinenf1 
Re: F1C....just played it
Date: July 30, 2003 06:29PM
Posted by: Hitchhiker
True LS... the GP2 manual though was reasonably good on setting up d car... and i guess still relevant for today's cars.... bit useless though now as I left it back home in Malta!

Date: July 30, 2003 06:34PM
Also, LS, if you allow my to humbly correct you. It's quite east to go fast with an F1 car. Low wing settings and higher gear ratios. The problem is not going fast, but going QUICK round the circuit :-)]

I also like to use set ups which will give certain overtaking advantages according to each circuit... for example using a slightly higher wing setup in Suzuka will penalise you somewhat in the straight... but maybe a handful of mphs not more... but then will make a huge difference in cornering speeds... and will make you the king of the S curves and Dunlop curve :-)

Date: July 30, 2003 07:20PM
Posted by: Ellis
I persoanlly prfer a bit of oversteer, but i do not setup the car to give oversteer because on high speed corners like the maggots-becketts section in silverstone, or T3 in Spain, its too dangerous to drive a full race distance.

I create the oversteer i like with the throttle

I have not managed to get into advanced setups very well. I play around with gear ratios, wing levels. the most advanced i have gone so far is the ride height and in GP3 i messed about eith Tyre pressure. i aussme GP4 has this also

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 31, 2003 02:35PM
I don't mind a bit of oversteer... the problem is that I play with the keyboard... hopefully, once I finish my studies and move I might buy a wheel...

With a slight oversteer setting, I end up spinning when i am pushing in some circuits... perhaps mostly in the first turn or half turn at Suzuka, and while accelarating out of the chicane before Bridge at Silverstone.

Date: July 31, 2003 07:03PM
Posted by: variante_ascari
hey hitchiehikey ;) me on keyboard too
care for a race? :)

Date: July 31, 2003 09:01PM
Posted by: simfan
Variante,
He play's GP4 so he can't race you online..lol

I reloaded GP4 and took 4 plus hour's downloading and updating to the lastest spec, drove for 1 hour and promptly deleted GP4..bottom line it SUX!
..GP4 is like a saturday morning cartoon that has been re-running for 3 season's. And BTW there is no way in the world GP4 is going to become a better platform to mod than F1C, omg one can barely get it to run F1 car's up to date.

I have been letting my wife drive F1C with the hopes that one day she and I can race each other..ie learning the track's and understanding basic setup option's and identify the change in handling, (she is no slouch at the wheel ;) she also watches all of the F1 races with me and goes to all of the track day's at the USGP) I let her try GP4 and she said "wow this is so much easier to drive" almost like it's driving itself. Mind you, she has no idea about the debate of F1C and GP4, and before you ask,

yes! I had the physic update, patch and setup installed.
I promptly got her off of GP4 so that she would not lose her feel for driving F1C.

For me GP4 is a headache to work with and my wife's honest response is all the feedback I need to settle this matter. go ahead bash away, but remember you will be playing a outdated game do to the limit's it's programmer put on it's engine, while I will be racing online with new friends I'll make because of our mutual love for racing Human being's.

Don't you guy's that love racing GP4/F1 so much have a desire to race one another??? Or are you content chasing ai around that can't get pissed at you when you make a dumb/bonehead attempt to pass. Ai that can't beat the crap out of you then talk about it..lol How could you even know what it's like to get that nervous feeling when the light's start to come on and you know that if you blow your start you most likely will get pushed to the back..no restart, no pause...this is what it is all about...and if you say it's not, then you are just playing a game.

F1C has it's fault's, but let me tell you GP4 has it's own as well..it comes down to what area are you willing to accept and learn to deal with?
at the end of the day I will take the ease of working with F1C and it's very nice against 10 human racer's online that use broadband thank you very much. oh yeah I hate driving in the rain, no matter how beautiful it look's
sim'
Date: July 31, 2003 09:19PM
erm.,.. from the frustration inherent in your post it looks like your wife just told you she didn't feel like tonight coz she has a headache lol....

KIDDING!! OK!

Dunno mate... I just like GP4... I haven't tried F1C so I can't give you my opinion on that.

Plus, at the end of the day they remain sims/games/whatever you like to call them, thus aimed for entertainment purposes and not to fight a holy war over :-)

Peace brother.

Date: July 31, 2003 09:58PM
And BTW there is no way in the world GP4 is going to become a better platform to mod than F1C, omg one can barely get it to run F1 car's up to date.

Its rather easy

download easywad. Extract your wad. Insert the files into thr dir. Rebuild the wad.

WOW that was hard :|

Dont expect to get great replies to that post, considering this is a GP4 forum, and not an F1C forum. I really am considering moving all the F1C crap to OT, as has been asked a few times

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 01, 2003 12:00AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

I bought F1C on PS2 yesturday, yes i know it was made by a different company etc, but oh god its sucks poo

Cant be smooth at all, and the graphics make me sleepy dunno why.

i may get it on PC when i get a faster PC but not now

Date: August 01, 2003 12:40AM
Indeed that thought crossed my mind too Ellis...

Where I come from, we say that if you scorn something, you want to buy it.... it makes me wonder why they visit a GP4 forum just to sling mud at it... if anything you wouldn't bother at all....

Oh well... Eric Blair, alias George Orwell but be turning in his grave on how little the world has changed...

F1C good
GP4 BAD
F1C good
GP4 BAD

All sims are equal, but some sims are more equal than others.

Date: August 01, 2003 04:28AM
Posted by: Pooky
ellis - i agree about your comments about the default stable setup being not fast

because at college, we are learning about aerodynamics, and the less 'stable' the aerodynamics are the more 'potential' and speed can be taken from it

this is because the 'edge' is smaller thus getting to the maximum faster

take rubens comments about the f2002 and the f2003-ga

he said that the ultimate speed is greater in the f2003-ga but it is more on a knife-edge in terms of setting it up, but once setup properly it is very fast

Date: August 01, 2003 07:00AM
Posted by: stevewaller
I've said many times on this forum that I love both games and tend to play the one that i feel like at that time. I've got to be honest though and say that i am playing F1C a bit more than GP4 atm. With a good setup F1C is very realistic and even with TC can be very oversteery which feels great. I have to be honest though and say the tracks are a slight letdown compared to GP4.

cheers, Steve ;););)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jenson Button and BAR..........Watch them fly in 2004
Date: August 01, 2003 07:42AM
I did use easywad and wad installer 2.2 and camera edit for adjusting the helmet that appear's lost in space if you do not adjust. And how in the world is a noobie supposed to find all that is needed for the most up to date install, and how to do it. I would recommend that you post a sticky thread that has a guide to easily install like you mention Ellis.

I did use the search engine and found nothing conclusive. Obviously I own GP4, I also own GP3-GP2.. I remember when GP2 was the only f1 sim worth speaking of..but as then as it is now GPseries is not aimed to be easy to alter..OMG you need a 3rd party program for everything. I am one person that decided to leave GPseries alone..for many reason's...you guy's here believe, and some blindly that GP4 is the holy grail of simracing..heck you are free to believe what you want, but when someone ask's / mention's F1C in this free forum don't beat it to hE dbl L. Attempt to give real feedback and not "it's laughable", "it rains in the tunnel at monaco",
"the track's are non-existant"..and come back with GP4 is GREAT, the track's are awesome, the grip level at high speed allow's you to set up the car for understeer balance cause I sat/drove a single seater for the weekend and it felt like GP4.

I understand that this website is commited to the GPseries. Heck I have been d/ling files and reading this forum off and on for year's..why cause even though I felt the GPseries lacked something in the drive model I still played it because of the support GrandPrixGames gave.

F1C is in it's infancy..GP4 is year's old and still behind the critical areas of F1C. OH! in case you have not heard..F1C mod community has developed the new 2003 track layout's therefore GP4's track's are 2002/2001 layout's with 2003 livery and carshapes..realistic isn't it?

This forum needs to open a "other f1 sim" forum and not banish F1C intrest to off topic. This is "GRANDPRIXGAMES" not " GP4 ONLY" sooner or later in today's day in age..the majority of guy's will realise that racing AI get's old quickly! that is unless you are one of the unfortunates that do not have access to broadband, because 56k is a dead horse I am sad to say..kinda like GP4...
If I did not have ability to race online because of connection I would love GP4 also because the ai in F1 series SUX! But since I race online I only race against human player's, therefore like in real life I drive alone testing until I can go on track with my online teamate so we can work out/shakedown new setup's...cause as you know there are too many adjustable option's in F1series garage and you could get lost on your own ;)
(that was a smart reply)
sim
Date: August 01, 2003 07:48AM
I would like to add,
this exchange has been fun, I honestly look to see what has been said daily.
For the most part we have been civil even though my viewpoint is differant, this I respect..thank you.
sim
Date: August 01, 2003 08:05AM
I sat/drove a single seater for the weekend and it felt like GP4.

Actaully we have two drivers who regualrly race in competition of single seaters.....nvm eh.

This forum needs to open a "other f1 sim" forum and not banish F1C intrest to off topic. This is "GRANDPRIXGAMES" not "

WDF are you talking about?

This is the grand Prix 4 section of the forum. We also have an F1 section, a GP3 section, and a OT section.

Guess which F1C fits into better? Well it aint F1...it aint GP3...it sure as hell aint GP4..... Do any F1C forums have GP4 sections?

but before that you said I understand that this website is commited to the GPseries.

:S

This is a Grand Prix X site. It is dedicated to the grand Prix X series. We didnt even have an OT forum until reletivly recently.

I did use the search engine and found nothing conclusive.

No offence ment but u couldnt have searched decently well cos we have these threads weekly

I am one person that decided to leave GPseries alone..for many reason's...you guy's here believe, and some blindly that GP4 is the holy grail of simracing..heck you are free to believe what you want, but when someone ask's / mention's F1C in this free forum don't beat it to hE dbl L. Attempt to give real feedback and not "it's laughable", "it rains in the tunnel at monaco",

Well see we have been there. This is GPx forum. If you come in and saus GP4 sucks, and its no where near as good as F1C, of course ur arguments are gona be laughed at

We have tried posting comments about F1C but lets see

The weather effects are rubbish
The AI is rubbish and cut the corner in monaco
The gfx are dull and shoddy
The tracks look nothing like the real thing
The kerbs spin the car in an insatant, but in some cases' kerbs are simply flat concreate rather than
Not enougn grip at high speed (the faster you go, the more grip you should have, not in F1C)
And the career challenge was removed from PC version (wasnt that half the point in the game in the first place?)

F1Cs good points

Online play
It doesnt need the worlds most monstor computer to run (F1 2001 ran on my 350mhz, GeForce 2 at 20fps)
it has a 4 seasons (now 5) worth of F1

Date: August 01, 2003 08:41AM
I am a fan of F1C but it does seem stupid that someone started a topic in the GP4 forum about F1C??!! I think all F1C posts should either be in the off topic section or people visit designated sites for F1C. Thats what i do and it is very easy, when i want to talk about F1 and GP4 (which is most of the time) i come here and when i want to talk about F1C i go to the simbin forums. easy peezy

Steve ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: August 01, 2003 09:05AM
it's useless...ellis if you are a moderator u suk!
i didn't post the header, I only made a comment.
but to say F1C is not a f1 sim you are smokin' crack!

I said GP4 sux in my last post only after reloading it, spending hour's updating it and as far as your search, I said that nothing conclusive came up as to getting the game loaded to 2003 spec's.

I only post in threads that are for F1c..I do not start them and i only posted after you "ELLIS" bash F1C every chance you get as if GP4 is the best sim in the world..If you do not want F1C to be spoken of then don't allow it.
and yes HG forum has a GP4 section empty as it may be.

I am a sim racing fan..hence my name..I will kindly ban myself from posting in this small section of the web..but remember this is a forum on the free speaking/typing web and If you don't like it stop responding after anyone say's something about F1C..funny how you are the one that post's the most in any of these threads..and you are alway's defending GP..even if somebody say's one small statement like "what do you think of F1C".
Kinda like the small sim syndrome..hahaha
Ellis you need to find some manner's and if the people that fund Grandprixgames support's your responsive nature then they need to rethink their support. If you own the site you should change the name to GP4 and past GPseries forum ONLY..anyone not on the same page STAY OUT!
sim
I take back the civil statement posted above.
Date: August 01, 2003 09:29AM
Posted by: Stan
ok now can u plz explain then why at simbin there are huge treads on to convert the gp4 tracks /gp4 shadows/ gp4 ai to f1c ????

Date: August 01, 2003 09:57AM
it's useless...ellis if you are a moderator u suk!

Thas my g'fs job

Please explain why i suck as a mod and i will explain why this a GP4 forum

I only post in threads that are for F1c..I do not start them and i only posted after you "ELLIS" bash F1C every chance you get as if GP4 is the best sim in the world..If you do not want F1C to be spoken of then don't allow it.

I am a moderator. I move threads, i edit out swearing (sometimes), i edit in spoilers, i delete unwanted posts. I do not deny people of free speech unless offensive.

I bash F1Cs bad points and i praise its good points (whihc i have already listed)

If you wish to speak about F1C stop whining about this place and go to an F1C forum. If i wish to speak about Metal Music i do not go to a Dance Music forum do i?

I am a sim racing fan..hence my name..I will kindly ban myself from posting in this small section of the web..but remember this is a forum on the free speaking/typing web and If you don't like it stop responding after anyone say's something about F1C..funny how you are the one that post's the most in any of these threads..and you are alway's defending GP..even if somebody say's one small statement like "what do you think of F1C".

We do not want to push you away. Far from it. You are welcome to stay and enjoy the forum and its many memebrs, especially the OT forum where most of the fun happens. If you wish to leave that is your decision and nobody will stop you.

When somone asks me what i think of F1C i tall them what i think. We also had a thread which was purly aimed at F1C vs GP4 and there i did defend GP4, because that was the whole nature of the thread

If you do not like it here, you may leave. If you do like it here, you may stay. Nobody is forcing you to go.

I considered moving threads to the OT section because

a) they are not GP4
b) members had asked me too.

ok?

Date: August 01, 2003 09:58AM
ok now can u plz explain then why at simbin there are huge treads on to convert the gp4 tracks /gp4 shadows/ gp4 ai to f1c ????

The tracks and shadows are purely eye-candy for F1C, this is one area where GP4 really excels and blows F1C away. As far as the AI are concerned GP4 also has far superior AI but F1C has online play which sort of blows away what CC AI can do (as good as they are).

I'm getting fed up with people keep getting really angry with eachother because of two games that we play. Everyone has an opinion on their favourite games and that is fully acceptable and everyone will always have their favourite game which is also fully understandable but we should all work together in the community to produce great racing games. For example the F1C community like the GP4 tracks and AI and would love to see them converted into F1C and the new sound pack for GP4 is based on the F1C sounds so really its the same for both games. Sometimes it is nice to have a good old debate about F1C v GP4 and that is all fair and well but at the moment we are all just repeating ourselves and it is getting very tedious. This site is based for the GPx games so it is pointless talking about F1C in this forum because it will get flamed, thats obvious and should either be discussed in the OT forum or on another site (as I mentioned earlier).

This is only MY opinion,

Steve ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy