2022 GP4 Time Trial League (F1virtual and friends) - Season Finished

Posted by Prblanco 
This is the most people we saw driving so far. Very happy with that.

Gildoorf lap was trully amazing because he is a keyboard driver.

Fongus lap was good too, i know for wheel this track is a true test to drive because of how many turns
this has in a single lap and especially the first sector so complicated to get it right.

Great battle in the middle field. All so good and great laps from everyone.

As for me, it was new track, never drove it. I had issues in S1 to get it right(i am not satisfied how i did).
S3 me too i was surprised but i knew it was needed more downforce because it was not about speed, it was about making
that tight last corner fast and accelerating as quickly as possible.

Cya in Melbourne witch is a track i am very familiar but never done hotlaps with this league style so i dont know what to expect.
Anyway its a great joy to participate, its a long time since i participated in any gp4 league.

2010 to 2021 Gp4 Track updates
Huge congrats to everyone up there in front.

It was my first time driving on this track and I'm quite happy with this 4th place despite knowing there's a lot of work to do. In the first days of practice I managed to lap in 1:33.9 but in the last day with some small changes in the setup I was able to find some extra tenths and it really paid off.

Let's see how it's gonna be in Melbourne
What a stage, game is on!
Congrats, Jorge, another win, and now a closer gap. You deserve a good fight. ;)
We have a tie, Mr. K, That's surprising for me myself, though definately not a chance for any rest.
Thanks Paulo for amazing job, pure gold as always! Let's keep our heads down for a proper 2022 version anytime soon.

Very welcome every new contender, TTL is just beginning, let's make
it happen!

Stay safe, stay alert.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2022 06:33AM by gildoorf.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2022 10:47AM by gildoorf.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2022 10:47AM by gildoorf.
Melbourne track for round 3 is available at [f1virtual.blogspot.com]. Please download the 2022 version and load on slot 3.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Hi friends,

I'd like to participate in Time Trial League. Before i introduce myself, i have a question.
"Laps saved without performance data will be invalidated" is written in rules. How can i save hotlap with performance data, would you please explain.

My name is Kutbay Sezen, and from Turkey. I played GP3 about 20 years ago. At that moment my PC wasnt powerfull enough for GP4.
I participated in IGP3 seasons, there are a few name that i can remember form there, for example Ricardo Pino, K Leys, Stewen....(Someone like that...) Artega or Cordoza (someone from India i think).
My brother Mehmet Sezen, my friend Hakan Dorum.
And Blanco, your name seems so familiar to me, please inform me if you were in IGP3 too, do you know me?

It would be great if i come across to some old friends...

The seasons was great, there were keybord drivers like me, and steering wheel drivers.
Practice days, Qualfying days and Race days were great!!!
Finding only the hotlap season is also great now, may be it will become again too a full season as before.

Hello again to all friends, i will participate with keyboard, and will be so glad to be in the time list...
Hello ksezen, and welcome!

ksezen
How can i save hotlap with performance data, would you please explain.

Laps are saved with performance data by default. There is an ingame option "save without performance data", that's the one that shouldn't be used.

Edit: no, it wasn't me in IGP3. I only had GP3 for a short period before I upgraded to GP4.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2022 05:02PM by Prblanco.
always glad for more competition :-)

Welcome mate!

Samuele
32BOBO32
ksezen@
Welcome to the trial league 2022.
Like the guys say its always nice to see a new member participate.

Ricardo Pino was one of my old rivals in race and hotlaps contests with Gp4.
We raced in Simracing.com.ar. The site does not exist anymore.

Maybe you remember Hotlaps.de , i was the web admin of the Gp4 and Gp4 addon section.

This time trials is so interesting because it follows the actual F1 calendar plus by participating we give data to F1virtual to see
how we are doing in terms of laptimes in case of fixing the magic data of the tracks.

Kind regards
Jorge.

ksezen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi friends,
>
> I'd like to participate in Time Trial League.
> Before i introduce myself, i have a question.
> "Laps saved without performance data will be
> invalidated" is written in rules. How can i save
> hotlap with performance data, would you please
> explain.
>
> My name is Kutbay Sezen, and from Turkey. I played
> GP3 about 20 years ago. At that moment my PC wasnt
> powerfull enough for GP4.
> I participated in IGP3 seasons, there are a few
> name that i can remember form there, for example
> Ricardo Pino, K Leys, Stewen....(Someone like
> that...) Artega or Cordoza (someone from India i
> think).
> My brother Mehmet Sezen, my friend Hakan Dorum.
> And Blanco, your name seems so familiar to me,
> please inform me if you were in IGP3 too, do you
> know me?
>
> It would be great if i come across to some old
> friends...
>
> The seasons was great, there were keybord drivers
> like me, and steering wheel drivers.
> Practice days, Qualfying days and Race days were
> great!!!
> Finding only the hotlap season is also great now,
> may be it will become again too a full season as
> before.
>
> Hello again to all friends, i will participate
> with keyboard, and will be so glad to be in the
> time list...

The more the merrier ! Welcome along :)
Thank you very much for your warm welcome. It has been 20 years i havent played this game. Thank you for great tracks that we can follow with real 2022 F1 season.
It is a great pleasure to be a part of a racing-friend season, while also watching F1, like the old days... i appreaciate all.

P.S. R. Pino was flying, it was impossible to catch him )) I was trying to be best of the rest))
Melbourne results are in!

JCaranti makes the most of the new layout and wins by a whooping 1.6 seconds, making three wins in a row. fongu and gildoorf complete the podium as usual.

Mere tenths separate most of the midfield, while Carl_gpgames snatches the final points-scoring position after Hinyaldee falls victim to the track limits rule.

Prblanco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Melbourne results are in!
>
> JCaranti makes the most of the new layout and wins
> by a whooping 1.6 seconds, making three wins in a
> row. fongu and gildoorf complete the podium as
> usual.
>
> Mere tenths separate most of the midfield, while
> Carl_gpgames snatches the final points-scoring
> position after Hinyaldee falls victim to the track
> limits rule.
>
> [i.imgur.com]
>
> [i.imgur.com]

Oh well, my time was awful anyway ! Onto the next one, I seriously need pace
Hey guys, let's talk about round 5. We'll not build the new Miami: real track isn't finished yet, so we only have project drawings and renders, which is not enough for us. Melbourne was already built from incomplete data and we have even less for Miami. So, no new track.

Let's then choose another circuit. Only two restrictions: 1) it has to be a track released by F1virtual, and 2) it must not be already on the calendar (I'd also keep Turkey out since it could be a replacement for the Russian GP, but that's only speculation). Excluding fictional circuits and alpha version releases, that leaves us with:

Adelaide (shorter Supercars layout)
Dubai
Istanbul
Magny-Cours
Motorland
Portimão
Sepang
Shanghai
Vallelunga

We'll form a shortlist from the most mentioned tracks here and do the final voting through e-mail.

My choice is Shanghai which was supposed to return to the calendar on April this year before circumstances meant Imola took its spot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2022 02:02PM by Prblanco.
Congrats to Jorge for his third straight victory and by some margin, you're clearly well dialled-in to extract exceptional lap times from the game.

Really enjoyed the challenge of this new amended track, thanks F1Virtual boys for the great work.

Happy to be on the podium once again, first try with a wheel this season and I'm glad it ended up being a respectable lap. Big respect to gildoorf for a stellar lap on the keyboard.

I'm enjoying the midfield battle, and a good debut from Ksezen - any keyboard lap in the 21s is impressive in my eyes.

On the tracks for round 5, I'd like to visit a new track rather than revisit ones we used in 2021. Out of them, I'd prefer one of: Adelaide, Vallelunga or Motorland.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2022 02:16PM by fongu.
I vote for shanghai :)

Samuele
32BOBO32
I vote SHanghai !
Great laptimes from everyone. (Y)(Y)
The midfield battle is wow !!!. What a battle from Sundaydriver to Ksezen, so close. (B)(B)

Thank you Kev.
I was looking at your setup and it was very different than mine from 4th gear to 7th gear and the front wing in my opinion was too low.
This track is about front tyres grip. Also i use manual gear changes, automatic its slower in my opinion plus it gives less margin to actually
start making a turn without having more understeer. To be honest i expected the margin of the laptime to be around 0.600 to 0.800 faster but not 1.6secs.

This 1m19.341 is exceptional even for me because i already had a 1m19.790 four days earlier and i got inspired by how well was ferrari doing in
australia so i went for the extra mile the very last day of the event doing some changes in the setup.

Also i think i am getting more used to this style of hotlaping.
My style of hotlaping is about doing masive changes to the 2nd level of the setups and can easily be 1 second faster the laptimes but here is not allowed.

The hotlaps are fun. Maybe we can do an event of a 5 lap race with same style like we are driving here? (I)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the vote, well any track is good but i like Shanghai, Sepang and Magny Course.

If needed i can help out to make it like a 2022 style track with adverts the one chosen for the event. (Y)

kind regards
Jorge

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2022 08:38PM by JCaranti.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy