Updated F1 1988 CSM MOD - Released 19/02/2022

Posted by rracunis 
Updated F1 1988 CSM MOD - Released 19/02/2022
Date: January 30, 2022 04:41PM
Posted by: rracunis
Recently, gigi88 released an update of the 1988 MOD originally made by tony. During my free time, I’ve updated the tyres made by ulf, filou16 and turbo lover but that gave me motivation to go deeper and update the whole MOD. There are many modifications, some are listed below:

•The structure of the MOD is based on the F1 1993 MOD made by mschumi 24.
•Most of the cars were originally made by filou16 with textures and mapping from btone, I reduced all the cars in 10% following his advice. The original cars had a kind of fixed steering wheel and that was removed from all of teams, including the track specific liveries. The Lotus and the March teams had a bug in which the surface close underneath the main surface in the front part of the cars appeared in game. I’ve deleted some faces and flipped over others, I hope the issue is fixed now, at least I didn’t see it in some tests that I did. The textures were not updated mainly because many logos are not available anymore and/or would be a huge work but some needed corrections and new alpha channels for some textures were made.
•The brakeglow and rearlights of all the cars are now working
•The cockpit has a moving gearshift and other 3d elements and was made by carl_gpgames. However, if you want to see the gearshift moving, you need to modify the cockpit’s onboard camera of all the cars. I chose a close driving to the steering wheel rather than the 3D effects, but they are amazing.
•I made an external steering wheel based on the internal one (it’s a bit oval, I will improve it later on) and the cockpit textures were painted according to the T cam view, except for the team AGS- Osella due to the game's limitation.
•Some updates on the defpanel and hub and the pitboard is now working.
•All the helmets were reduced in 10% and new faces were added which were gotten from the 1989 Rfactor MOD from drivingitalia. I tried to contact the authors of all the MODs from which I would like to get some stuff but seems that they are away from the scene and that’s why I couldn’t make a new helmet shape with updated textures.
•The stunning individual tweak made by öggo are available for the helmets and the tyres. There are no different shapes for the helmets but I’ve mapped, the better I could, all of them according to the face’s texture of each driver.
•The visors’ textures according to the helmets are available.
•There are 2 options of performance available, the original one and another one in which all teams and cars have exactly the same parameters of performance. The MOD has different options of physic and torque which was made by phantaman per my request for my 2020 MOD I guess. Actually, I did that because, with the original performance, the 1988 cars are 20 seconds slower than the 2021, especially with the slow corners, and I think this is too much, the real 1988 cars were already fast cars.
•The tyres and rims are based on those made by ulf, filou16 and turbo lover and all the textures are updated. They are also reduced in 10% as the cars and helmets.
•The drivers’ teamart were updated but I would like to have made a better work, however the pics available in the internet are quite few. The grid cars are totally new ones.
•The tweaker coordinates were all revised.

Obviously, other things can be done to improve the MOD still more like new engine sound, engineer and pitcrew textures, better original performance, etc. The MOD was not tested as it should and that’s why problems might happen!
I heard that a new 1989 and 1991 MODs are coming soon and those were along with 1988, in my opinion, the best years of the f1 of all the times. That’s why, I am happy for my contribution on the 1988 MOD.
This an update and not a new MOD , thank you very much to all the authors who had made a great job when the 1988 MOD was originally released years ago! And, a special thanks to the masters, Zaz, Lo2k, Duffer, Rene, Fongu, Oggo, Ripping Corpse, Samuelle, Filou16, Tony, Hega and many more, their works have motivated all of us to keep the GP4 alive!

Enjoy!

Download link: [www.mediafire.com]

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2022 07:12PM by rracunis.
Re: Updated F1 1988 CSM MOD
Date: February 05, 2022 08:34PM
Any help please, the MOD is almost done but this issues isn’t solved
Date: February 06, 2022 12:44PM
Posted by: lpx
It's incredible that nobody can help you:(
Date: February 06, 2022 06:57PM
I take a look at the 1984 mod. There is a slot with two different teams, Osella and Ats and the cockpit for the two cars has the same colour. So perhaps no one has the solution
Date: February 07, 2022 01:29PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
I think thats no solution. One "cockpit" colour for each team. I this case, those teams has only one car each and the mod author chooses to insert booth cars as "one team" in the mod, just to have booth cars ingame. So, when you choose this "11 team", we can play with 12 team (as booth 11th has one car each). Finally, the original GP4 game can't handle (at least, until now), two cockpits for "one team".

Sorry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2022 12:40PM by kerleyf1.
Date: February 07, 2022 02:52PM
kerleyf1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think thats no solution. One "cockpit" colour
> for each team. I this case, those teams has only
> one car each and the mod author chooses to insert
> booth cars as "one team" in the mod, just to have
> booth cars ingame. So, when you choose this "11
> team", we can play with 12 team (as booth 11th has
> one car each). Finally, the original GP4 game
> can't handle (at least, until now), two cockpits
> for "one tream".
>
> Sorry.

Ok thanks, then I'll leave black for both teams.
Re: Updated F1 1988 CSM MOD - Coming up soon
Date: February 13, 2022 05:50PM
On it's way!
Date: February 13, 2022 06:04PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
the screenshots look awsome, ricardo! very much looking forward to this mod!

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Date: February 13, 2022 06:53PM
great work, great update. I'm impatient.
Date: February 13, 2022 08:23PM
Posted by: quickslick
great update, Ricardo(Y)
Date: February 13, 2022 08:35PM
Posted by: gigi88
rracunis schrieb:
> On it's way!

These screenshots above are fantastic(Y). The first one, the cockpit view of the Layton House / March, is a general view or you made real time cockpit views based on each 3D car models (McLaren, Williams, Lotus etc.)?
Can´t wait to find out and try this mod.
I am very happy that we still have members out there that support this game in such a log time.
GP4ever, best F1 simulation game ever.

Cheers (B)
Date: February 14, 2022 09:40AM
gigi88 Wrote:
> rracunis schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > On it's way!
>
> These screenshots above are fantastic(Y). The
> first one, the cockpit view of the Layton House /
> March, is a general view or you made real time
> cockpit views based on each 3D car models
> (McLaren, Williams, Lotus etc.)?
> Can´t wait to find out and try this mod.
> I am very happy that we still have members out
> there that support this game in such a log time.
> GP4ever, best F1 simulation game ever.
>
> Cheers (B)

This is the real view ingame for all the cars
Date: February 14, 2022 10:54AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Amazing stuff!

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: February 14, 2022 11:41AM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
Great news!

Samuele
32BOBO32
Date: February 14, 2022 12:31PM
Posted by: gigi88
I have a feeling that this update will make this mod the No.1 for Grand Prix 4 out there an will rocket this game in to new hights in this community!!
What do you thing everybody?
I have collected and updated many mods over the past 15 years but, 1988 was and is still my favorite...but now, with this upcomming UPGRADE, even better.
Forget Codemasters and all the others. GP4 with his great weathe algorythim and mod updates, still the best sumulator out there (Geoff Crammond, hope you are reading this(H)).
hot
Date: February 14, 2022 12:41PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
Great new rracunis!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: February 14, 2022 03:17PM
Posted by: MSchumi24
Thanks Ricardo! We are waiting :-)
Date: February 14, 2022 05:14PM
Posted by: schumi-fan1
Great news! (Y)
Date: February 14, 2022 05:46PM
Posted by: Jordhy
>>Tenho a sensação de que esta atualização tornará este mod o No.1 para Grand Prix 4 por aí e lançará este jogo para novos patamares nesta comunidade !!
>>O que vocês acham de todo mundo?
>>Eu coletei e atualizei muitos mods nos últimos 15 anos, mas 1988 foi e ainda é o meu favorito...
>>Esqueça Codemasters e todos os outros. GP4 com seu ótimo algoritmo de clima e atualizações de mods, ainda é o melhor sumulador que existe (Geoff Crammond, espero que você esteja lendo isso (H)).

Hello, perfectly true comment about our best simulator ever. Congratulations.
Date: February 14, 2022 06:21PM
gigi88 Wrote:
> I have a feeling that this update will make this
> mod the No.1 for Grand Prix 4 out there an will
> rocket this game in to new hights in this
> community!!
> What do you thing everybody?
> I have collected and updated many mods over the
> past 15 years but, 1988 was and is still my
> favorite...but now, with this upcomming UPGRADE,
> even better.
> Forget Codemasters and all the others. GP4 with
> his great weathe algorythim and mod updates, still
> the best sumulator out there (Geoff Crammond, hope
> you are reading this(H)).
> hot

I'll not be the number 01 MOD, far from that! This is just an update!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy