GRAND PRIX 2020: The F1 2020 mod

Posted by Carl_gpgames 
Buongiorno, ho scaricato la Mod , ma non riesco ad aprirla, come si fa? c'è nessuno che mi insegna, mi dice come fare, cosa occorre, grazie ai volenterosi(sono duro non ci riesco in alcun modo), daniele
danielepett
Buongiorno, ho scaricato la Mod , ma non riesco ad aprirla, come si fa? c'è nessuno che mi insegna, mi dice come fare, cosa occorre, grazie ai volenterosi(sono duro non ci riesco in alcun modo), daniele

Hello, you need ZAZ Tools (CSM) to install the mod. You can download it here.

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
danielepett Scritto:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Buongiorno, ho scaricato la Mod , ma non riesco ad
> aprirla, come si fa? c'è nessuno che mi insegna,
> mi dice come fare, cosa occorre, grazie ai
> volenterosi(sono duro non ci riesco in alcun
> modo), daniele

Ti serve CSM, parte di ZaZTools, lo trovi quà: [www.grandprixgames.org]

Se il tuo antivirus rileva il file come dannoso sappi che è assolutamente un falso positivo! Crea dunque un'eccezione.

Una volta installato il tutto apri CSM, a quel punto vai su "File\Install carset/update" e apri il file "F1 2020.cuh".
Succesivamente installa anche i file "F1 2020_part2.cmu" e "F1 2020_part3.cmu".

Ricorda che ti serve anche GPxPatch, versione 4.52, lo trovi quà: [rsdi.home.xs4all.nl]

Spero di essere stato di aiuto :-)
Buongiorno a tutti, c'è nessuno che mi può dire come si fà a scompattare la MOD ? io non ci riesco in nessun caso, ho scaricato ZAZ e CSM, ma non sò come farli funzionare , un aiuto da tutti grazie
danielepett Scritto:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Buongiorno a tutti, c'è nessuno che mi può dire
> come si fà a scompattare la MOD ? io non ci
> riesco in nessun caso, ho scaricato ZAZ e CSM, ma
> non sò come farli funzionare , un aiuto da tutti
> grazie

L'ho spiegato nel post precedente, se non basta prova a consultare la FAQ, la trovi quà: [www.grandprixgames.org]

Al limite c'è anche questo tutorial: [www.w.gp4central.com]
Hi all,

Sorry if this sounds like a totally newbie question (i’ve been away for like 10 years lol) but when I wanted to load the mod, it says 'You need at least CSM 1.25.1173 to run this mod' but i just downloaded zaz tools and mine says CSMGUI126? The 2005 mod by Tony works fine.

Also, any pointers on where can i find the tracks that are most suitable to be used for this mod?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2021 03:43PM by Flying Finn.
Re: GRAND PRIX 2020: THE F1 2020 CSM MOD [v1.04 released]
Date: September 08, 2021 06:19PM
Posted by: gp4wonder
Hi Guys,

Great mod thank you so much for bringing GP4 to new life.
I have question, probably been asked before, I did go through the posts here but couldn't find the answer
how do you get rid of the streaks on the road behind the car?
gp4wonder
I have question, probably been asked before, I did go through the posts here but couldn't find the answer
how do you get rid of the streaks on the road behind the car?

This is the famous "shadow bug". it is caused by cars which are (much) longer than the default cars in GP4 and also has something to do with the angle where the sunlight comes from (track dependent).
You can use "composite shadows" under graphics options / Car shadow type in the CSM menu (pro: shadow bug is gone, contra: all cars will have the same, static shadow).

Date: September 09, 2021 01:41AM
Hi Carl,

Much appreciated, yeh I worked it out before you posted, just another question about the tyres, Is there anyway to make them brighter, i.e not so dark?
I hate asking questions, knowing I did not put any effort in making this mod, I'm so grateful for the talented people out there making an already great game, even greater. :-)
Date: September 09, 2021 10:40AM
Well I'm blown away, I've uploaded small video viewing same car on both machines, over the network using directx9
All cpu's selected on gpxpatch. running both machines at 50fps. I've done two full races and it never crashed as it did before.

does directx9 make a huge difference regarding game crashing, when selecting all cpu's?
this is a big deal, if it is and i will be testing further, this is practically a new and much improved game/sim.
It's a blast Love it so far.

Vid:-
[youtu.be]
gp4wonder
Well I'm blown away, I've uploaded small video viewing same car on both machines, over the network using directx9
All cpu's selected on gpxpatch. running both machines at 50fps. I've done two full races and it never crashed as it did before.

does directx9 make a huge difference regarding game crashing, when selecting all cpu's?
this is a big deal, if it is and i will be testing further, this is practically a new and much improved game/sim.
It's a blast Love it so far.

Yes, i experienced the same. Somehow DirectX 9 enables the use of all CPU. I too noticed an improvement in performance and better stability. I have described this effect already here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2021 11:01AM by Carl_gpgames.
Date: September 09, 2021 11:29AM
Hi Carl,

Thanks for the quick reply, I was expecting the game to crash as it what used to happen, with all cpu's selected.
quick question is there an issue even to goto directx10 or 11 with this game?
Or is at the point that a new engine is required for the game.
I'm not a programmer so just throwing the question out there.

:-)

this mod changes everything all cpu's wow......
i've never had it running at 50 to 60fps at 100% cpu utilisation for multiplayer
I had to set it to 30 to 35fps and using 1 cpu
but with directx9 it changes things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2021 11:32AM by gp4wonder.
i never tried dx10 or 11 but i believe there is no converter (dx8 to dx10)

Date: September 09, 2021 12:03PM
I just did a google search found this:-

Direct8 -> Direct11 converter:
[forum.worldofplayers.de]
gp4wonder
I just did a google search found this:-

Direct8 -> Direct11 converter:
[forum.worldofplayers.de]

seems to be for the API calls of this particular game only. anyway, it's from the same era as GP4, you could give it a try and tell us if it works :-)

Date: September 10, 2021 04:16AM
I wouldn't know how to...lol.
could you help, any tips?
Date: September 10, 2021 07:16AM
Ok it did crash with all cpu's enabled, but that's ok, I'm still using dx9, runs fast at 30fps
Date: September 13, 2021 04:58AM
After some further testing on two different machines I worked out why fx8320 performed po 80% compared to fx8350 of po 120%. game was set at 50fps, running single core.

the fx8350 should have performed the same or even better. what it came down to was the video cards in these machines.

-fx8320 has 3gbyte amd r9 200 series card, overclocked > Core 550mhz and Vram at 1600Mhz, the default is 150mhz for the core and 300mhz for Vram on this particular card.

-fx8350 has 8gbyte amd rx570 card, overclocked > Core 600mhz and Vram at 1800mhz, the default is 300mhz for the core and 400mhz for Vram.

To test the theory that the video card was the culprit, I installed and ran utility called CPU-Z. started the game and as race was running, did an alt tab
on the graphics tab of the cpu-z utility, the amd r9 200 displayed 513mhz on core and 1600mhz on vram clock freq.
I did the same process for the amd rx570, the core showed 600mhz, but here is the clincher the Vram stayed at 400mhz.

I cannot force the card to take advantage of the Vram that has been overclocked to 1800mhz, it will just remain at 400mhz.
and to make sure I ran another game and did the same process, and cpu-z showed this game was using 1800mhz.

so from the above testing the video card makes a huge difference to grand prix 4 po.

my question now is, is there a way to get the amd rx570 card to utilize the Vram, I tried several things example changing compatibility mode, using all cpu cores, but it hasn't worked.
maybe i should start a new post?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2021 04:59AM by gp4wonder.
i updated the mod to the new standards and added a non-csm version as well. see page 1 for more information.

Awesome Carl! Thank you very much!

Paulo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy