GRAND PRIX 2020: THE F1 2020 CSM MOD [v0.91 released] !!!NEW UPDATE!!!

Posted by Carl_gpgames 
GRAND PRIX 2020: THE F1 2020 CSM MOD [v0.91]
Note: The mod is still unfinished but in a playable state yet. I thought to share it already so that you can play it before the end of the season. Further updates are very likely.

Found a bug?
Post it here: good
Post it here and tell how to solve it: very good!

A BIG THANK YOU goes to Fongu, Petrus, Rracunis, Excalibur, 32BOBO32 and all the others for their big help with testing and helping to build the mod!

Help to develop the mod further! A mod is always a community project and you are very welcome to join!
☐ F1 2020 Event Sound Set: W.I.P. (carl_gpgames)
☐ F1 2020 Pit Monitor: W.I.P. (fongu)
☐ F1 2020 engine sounds: open
☐ F1 2020 radio sounds: W.I.P. (teunieeegp4)
☐ F1 2020 external steering wheels: open
☐ F1 2020 internal steering wheels: open
☐ Hulkenberg car texture: open
☐ More? Don't hesistate to contribute to the mod!

Some Screenshots:

Credits:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 2020 CSM Mod
compiled by Carl_gpgames based on MSchumi24's 2019 Mod
Version: 0.91 
Permission: Remains to the original authors.

TESTING & CONSULTING	fongu
			rracunis
			Excalibur
			petrus
			32BOBO32
			pauloderpich
			MSchumi24
			teunieeegp4
			jamejfio
CARS
Mercedes		Isaint
Ferrari			Hega & Excalibur
RedBull			GeZeRe
Renault			GeZeRe
Haas			Fongu & Excalibur
McLaren			Excalibur
Racing Point		Hega
Alfa Romeo		Hega
Alpha Tauri		GeZeRe
Williams		Excalibur

HELMETS
Shapes:			jvinu2000
Textures:		jvinu2000, Excalibur

TYRES			Hega, Soulbringer

MISC
External StWheels	Hega
Internal StWheels	Carl_gpgames, unknown (generic)
Cockpits		Hega
GPaedia			petrus
Pitcrews&Engineers	AugustoGibim
Marshalls		AugustoGibim
Performance files	gitanes
Physics			gitanes
Sounds			Briere
Visors			rracunis
TV Style		Carl_gpgames, AugustoGibim (Live Speed)
New HUD			rracunis
Teamart
 -Drivers		Carl_gpgames
 -Helmets		rracunis	
 -Gridcars		AugustoGibim
 -Logos			Carl_gpgames
Fonts			32BOBO32
Loadingscreens		Carl_gpgames (GP4-Logo by 32BOBO32)
CSM menu pics		Carl_gpgames, MSchumi24
Menu trackmaps		petrus
Menu countrymaps	petrus
Menu backgrounds	Carl_gpgames
CSM Icons		Various
memory limit cap	Lee71
Event Sound Set		Carl_gpgames
Damage Coefficient	Kedy89
DX8 to DX9 converter	crosire
Mod structure, Settings	Kedy89, MSchumi24, Carl_gpgames, fongu, rracunis, Various

Read me:
I N S T A L L A T I O N
=======================================================================

1. Start clean! Install GP4 (v.1.02!) and CSM (don't know how to do that? visit grandprixgames.org!). 
2. Use a clean version of GP4 in combination with CSM only! Do NOT change any of the original files. If you use non-csm mods as well, use a second installation of GP4 for CSM.
3. Open CSM, select "File", "Install carset/update" and install the "F1 2020.cuh". Then install all updates. 

M O D   O P T I O N S
=======================================================================

GAMEPLAY OPTIONS:	
Grand Prix of...: Select which Grand Prix you want to Race. Car- and helmet textures will relate to the selected Grand Prix.
Driver: Select your driver (can later be changed in the in-game menus).
Ractetype: Select the Racetype (can later be changed in the in-game menus).
Weather Conditions: Select the weather conditions.
Track loading method: Choose if you want to load all tracks from your TSM-Tracklist or only the selected track ("Grand Prix of..." option).

REALISM OPTIONS:
Difficulty Level: self-explaining (can later be changed in the in-game menus).
Black Flags: Chosse wether to enable or disable Black Flags (for cutting track) or to replace them with a drive-through penalty.
Slipstream Effect: Enable or disable advanced slipstream-effects.
Damage Coefficient: Choose how quick parts of the cars will break of (100% is the game's default setting).
Head View Movement: Enable or disable Head View Movement (Cockpit camera).
No refueling animation: Enable or disable the refueling animation. WARNING: Enabeling this option might lead your game to crash (at least on some computers).
2020 Physics: Enable or disable the 2020 Physics (recommended for Monza - 2020 Performance and 2020 Torque will still be enabled!).

DISPLAY OPTIONS:
Panels: 2020 TV Overlay: New gpxcinfo panels in 2020 TV style (lap time, flags, position, replay, track preview, live speed, lap, session time (for practice and quali). Press "K" to disable the gpxsat panels! 
Panels: Default GP4 HUD: Enables the default GP4 HUD. Recommended to disable all other panels when this option is enabled.
Panels: New Hud: Enables a new HUD (gears, speed and rpm)
Panels: Driving Helps: A new panel in 2020 tv style to show the driving helps, water temp, fuel laps and PO.
Visors: Enable or disable visors in cockpit view. 
Steering wheel: Enable or disable team specific steering wheels (will still show the same steering wheels for all drivers!). if no driver is selected, a generic steering wheel will be shown. 
Cockpit mode: Select to either show the full halo, half halo or no halo. 

AUDIO OPTIONS:
Sound Hardware Acceleration: This is an experimental option, which enables EAX-Effects on modern operating systems (Windows 7 - Windows 10). Try if it works for you, otherwise disable it.
Live Commentary: Enables live commentary during the race (samples are still from 2019 in this version of the mod).

GRAPHICS OPTIONS:
Screen resolution: Choose your screen resolution. If you have set your prefered resolution in your f1graphics.cfg-file, choose "f1graphics". 
Run in a window: Enable this option if you want to run the game in a window. 
Textures resolution: Choose wether the textures (cars) are on a high or low resolution. Low resolution is recommended
DirectX Verison: Default is DirectX 8.1. Select always "DirectX 9" if you use ReShade. When "DirectX 9" is selected, allways set CPU to "all" in GpxPatch-Settings. On some computers, you may have a better perfromance with DirectX 9, even without ReShade.
Mirrors: self-explaining. 
Dynamic video walls: If enabled, the Video Walls on the track-side will show the race in realtime. If disabeld, only static images are shown. Recommended to disable this option on low-end computers and to enhance performance.
Heat haze: Enables the heat haze effect. Recommended to disable this option on low-end computers and to enhance performance.
Bump map track: Use the "Bump map" effect for tamarc. Warning, does not work with most of the newer track textures and use the default GP4-tamrac instead!
Car shadow type: "Projected" is the best shadow type. If you have the "shadow-bug" ("endless" shadows on some tracks), select "composite" or "static".
Car shadow resolution: self-explaining. 
Menu: GPI Resolution: The resolution for the images in the in-game menu. Only select "Standard" if "high" doesn't work for you (may happen on screens with a low resolution).

OTHER OPTONS:
GP4Tweaker: Real Time Editing: Enable this option, if you want to in-game edit cameras, helmet positions, steering wheel positions, etc. Warning: Changes will not be saved automatically. Always take a screenshot of your changes and write the number in to te ini-files in the tweaker-folder.

GP Files | GP Videos

Edited 16 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2020 10:23AM by Carl_gpgames.
No problem for me. Permission granted, Carl :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Teamart and visors : [www.grandprixgames.org]
The files have been updated , let me know if you want the update.
If you want to use them , permission granted!
No problem for me, happy to have my work included.

By the way, it would be nice to have more gpxpatch\pnl that wasn't in the 2019 mod. I really like what ricardo did for the indycar 2020 mod, if you're able to include them?

Actually, I modified Hulkenberg late last week into the globalvars (I haven't changed the team orders around):

under

[trackname]
add

Modify =tracknum,tracklist,racenum,gptracknum,driver13,drivername13

and then underneath add

[driver13]
allowchange =0
Name =
Varcount =21
Var1 =Perez
Var2 =Perez
Var3 =Perez
Var4 =Hulkenberg
Var5 =Hulkenberg
Var6 =Perez
Var7 =Perez
Var8 =Perez
Var9 =Perez
Var10 =Perez
Var11 =Perez
Var12 =Perez
Var13 =Perez
Var14 =Perez
Var15 =Perez
Var16 =Perez
Var17 =Perez
Var18 =Perez
Var19 =Perez
Var20 =Perez
Var21 =Perez

[drivername13]
allowchange =0
Name =
Varcount =21
Var1 =Sergio Perez
Var2 =Sergio Perez
Var3 =Sergio Perez
Var4 =Nico Hulkenberg
Var5 =Nico Hulkenberg
Var6 =Sergio Perez
Var7 =Sergio Perez
Var8 =Sergio Perez
Var9 =Sergio Perez
Var10 =Sergio Perez
Var11 =Sergio Perez
Var12 =Sergio Perez
Var13 =Sergio Perez
Var14 =Sergio Perez
Var15 =Sergio Perez
Var16 =Sergio Perez
Var17 =Sergio Perez
Var18 =Sergio Perez
Var19 =Sergio Perez
Var20 =Sergio Perez
Var21 =Sergio Perez

there is more to change under the [driver] section, but I haven't done any graphical changes.

Hope that helps

Fongu's Downloads
My GP4 and model review blog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2020 10:17AM by fongu.
I have the gpxpatch \ pnl for 2020 F1 MOD exactly as used in the Indycar MOD, just ask me if you want it , at your disposal! Original work made by AugustoGibim , just made some updates

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2020 10:22AM by rracunis.
Take a look at the Permissions Policy post - any authors who have signed up to the policy are automatically giving you permission as long as you meet the obligations stated in the policy.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
TomMK: Take a look at the Permissions Policy post - any authors who have signed up to the policy are automatically giving you permission as long as you meet the obligations stated in the policy.

Like me. You are addionally allowed to change my released GPaedia (and trackmap or countrymap) files. Only credits are asked for.

petrus' gpaedia files
Great news Carl!

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
YAY IM SO HAPPY!
Does the mod have any performance data at all yet?
Thank you all for the positive responses! (Y)

rracunis
Teamart and visors : [www.grandprixgames.org]
The files have been updated , let me know if you want the update.
If you want to use them , permission granted!

Perfect, thank you! I have already implemented this, i just didn't remeber who made it. :)

fongu
No problem for me, happy to have my work included.

By the way, it would be nice to have more gpxpatch\pnl that wasn't in the 2019 mod. I really like what ricardo did for the indycar 2020 mod, if you're able to include them?

Actually, I modified Hulkenberg late last week into the globalvars (I haven't changed the team orders around):

under

[trackname]

add

Modify =tracknum,tracklist,racenum,gptracknum,driver13,drivername13

and then underneath add

[driver13]
allowchange =0
Name =
Varcount =21
Var1 =Perez
Var2 =Perez
Var3 =Perez
Var4 =Hulkenberg
Var5 =Hulkenberg
Var6 =Perez
Var7 =Perez
Var8 =Perez
Var9 =Perez
Var10 =Perez
Var11 =Perez
Var12 =Perez
Var13 =Perez
Var14 =Perez
Var15 =Perez
Var16 =Perez
Var17 =Perez
Var18 =Perez
Var19 =Perez
Var20 =Perez
Var21 =Perez

[drivername13]
allowchange =0
Name =
Varcount =21
Var1 =Sergio Perez
Var2 =Sergio Perez
Var3 =Sergio Perez
Var4 =Nico Hulkenberg
Var5 =Nico Hulkenberg
Var6 =Sergio Perez
Var7 =Sergio Perez
Var8 =Sergio Perez
Var9 =Sergio Perez
Var10 =Sergio Perez
Var11 =Sergio Perez
Var12 =Sergio Perez
Var13 =Sergio Perez
Var14 =Sergio Perez
Var15 =Sergio Perez
Var16 =Sergio Perez
Var17 =Sergio Perez
Var18 =Sergio Perez
Var19 =Sergio Perez
Var20 =Sergio Perez
Var21 =Sergio Perez

there is more to change under the [driver] section, but I haven't done any graphical changes.

Hope that helps

Thank you fongu! i think that's what i already did but it didn't work for me so far. i'll have a closer look at it and if i don't succeed, i'll send the mod to you (if you don't mind).

rracunis
I have the gpxpatch \ pnl for 2020 F1 MOD exactly as used in the Indycar MOD, just ask me if you want it , at your disposal! Original work made by AugustoGibim , just made some updates

perfect, i'll take the files from your indy car mod then. i will ask August for permission (as well as for his pitcrews).

TomMK
Take a look at the Permissions Policy post - any authors who have signed up to the policy are automatically giving you permission as long as you meet the obligations stated in the policy.

Thank you Tom, i'll do that.

jamejfio
Does the mod have any performance data at all yet?

So far, the performance data is still from 2019 (ferraris at the front of the field and racing points at the back). but we have some real pro's around here, let's wait until they release some proper 2020 performance data. i fear i don't have the skills to do it myself.

GP Files | GP Videos
Carl I have the gpxpatch/pnl updated to my F1 MOD 2020 , flags , drivers , pitboards etc are all updated , will send you tomorrow , those files from the Indycar don't match to the F1
fongu
happy to help in anyway I can

thank you fongu, i made it work. the problem was that i dindn't change the performance file. the name would change within CSM but not in the game. i fixed that and now it works. :)

rracunis
Carl I have the gpxpatch/pnl updated to my F1 MOD 2020 , flags , drivers , pitboards etc are all updated , will send you tomorrow , those files from the Indycar don't match to the F1

that's great, thank you very much!

GP Files | GP Videos
No problem here. :-)

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Re: F1 2020 CSM Mod [Ready for Beta-Testing!]
Date: September 20, 2020 10:47AM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
The mod is ready for testing now, let me know if you want to help, i'll send you the link then. :-)

GP Files | GP Videos
Date: September 20, 2020 11:30AM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
I'm available for testing it

Samuele Pinna
32BOBO32
Date: September 20, 2020 02:45PM
Posted by: pauloderpich
Happy to help if you pick me...
Paulo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2020 02:47PM by pauloderpich.
Date: September 20, 2020 06:55PM
Posted by: rracunis
Thanks Carl for the MOD. , The Hud was made by AugustoGibim as well as the Tv style which was updated to 2020 by myself just in terms of names , flags etc . He is the original author of both , please correct the credits !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, Vader, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy