GPGSL R3 - S13 Italian GP - Monza FP pg 28, Qual/Race Pg 29

Posted by GPGSL 
Heh, I'd like to RD races, but I don't have any recording software.

Christel VXR driver #21.

looking forward to the next race to see if we can keep up this brilliant pace! Forza MAC!
@Darksoul, I think the usual picture coverage making screenshots from the game using a F12 button is good enough. And you can adjust the game resolution in the F1graphics file, so you won't need to edit the screenies size.

ccc
___________________________________________________________________________
For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here:[docs.google.com]
Use Fraps. This is also an activity post.



My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
How to do a reasonalby fast coverage

a) Pictures
Programs recommended
- ShareX
- IrfanView

Not gonna go into setting up these, google should provide plenty of help.

Screenshots taken during the race with ShareX. I prefer it with a shutter sound enabled, to get confirmation the screeny was taken (made some bad experiences with Fraps here, hence why). File format preferably PNG, imo that gives best results with small file size. Remember also to get race results and fastest lap screen at the end.

Once finished, use IrfanView to rename and resize all images. Use the "batch convert/rename" function for that. Do both in one step. Width at 1024, height auto, file name something usefull for sorting. ### in my pic are placeholders, means it adds 3 digits at the end of the name, start and increase value can be set in the options (normally start 1, and increase 1) [i.imgur.com]
Make sure not to overwrite/delete the original images. There's an option for that, think it's disabled by default though.

After that sort out the images for the coverage. Fastest imo is to have both the folder with the screenshots and the photo viewer open next to each other. Go through the photos, delete those that don't go in. Renaming is handy for this part, since it's way easier to find a file 1_TQ_Melbourne_016.png than gp4_2019-08-12_10-39-10.png. I always aim for a maximum of 100 pics in the end. Sometimes you'll get more, sometimes less. In the end it'll affect how much you have to write.

For the results/fastest laps you might want to use an image editing program of your choice to cut the 4 pics into 1. Not necessarily, but looks nicer.

Once done, time to upload. My currently preferred choice for this is imgur. Create a new album for the round, upload to album, sort by filename, generate image links (bbcode). Copy paste, and write up the coverage. By now I do that in a text editor rather than straight here, since I once closed the window with a half finished coverage. Text editor I can save in between.


b) Video
Programs recommended
- ShareX
- OBS

For setting up OBS, follow this video [www.youtube.com]
Only thing you want to change is bitrate, with those recommended there you'll get insanely big files. I had both at 8000 for Melbourne, giving me a just under 2GB video at 1080p. If you need a smaller size, either lower bitrate further (though not too much), or record at a smaller resolution. Also important, I had to run it as admin to get the hotkeys for start/stop recording to work from within the game.

ShareX again for the result screens, then just uploading both video and the 3-4 screenshots.



Think that should cover most stuff.



Some mods
::: F1 1996 ::: F1 2002 ::: F1 2007 ::: F1 2011 ::: F1 2013 ::: F1 2015 ::: F1 2018 :::

Some other stuff ::: Some more other stuff
Thanks for info, Kedy

ccc
___________________________________________________________________________
For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here:[docs.google.com]
AND for any new wannabe RD's, self appoint yourself to do a future event, do some self testing 'now' to ensure you can get it all working, to prevent lengthy delays come your time to shine as the RD.
Fairly sure the series wants/needs volunteer RD's for sure, but just make sure you/your pc/your IT skills can get the job done. And most importantly, if you run into trouble - ASK FOR HELP!



GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Well, since the R3 gonna be directioned by you, I'd like to run the R4, if possible, but I can give away it to Darksoul if he really want to offer his duties, and do a R5 instead.
Just for a note - I have experience of doing one round for GPGSL before, which was a pleasure

ccc
___________________________________________________________________________
For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here:[docs.google.com]



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2019 12:49AM by Soutsen.
I prefer using Dxtory for taking screenshots when I RD races. Makes it easier for me to take screenshots automatically which is what I prefer over manually taking them.


Soutsen Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Darksoul, I think the usual picture coverage
> making screenshots from the game using a F12
> button is good enough. And you can adjust the game
> resolution in the F1graphics file, so you won't
> need to edit the screenies size.


Then I'd like to run a race sometime. :)
Looks like we need an official RD roster! How awesome is that!



GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Also it seems like you have forgot to put Ruben with his team into the waiting list. He was there at the moment of the S11 start at least above the TNR:


Anyway got to admit that Ruben is my primary target for a 1st driver role at my own team anyway (the only one at the current waiting-list), so I think we are going to settle it somehow

ccc
___________________________________________________________________________
For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here:[docs.google.com]
GPGCL Round 1 - Melbourne

A glittering launch event for the re-birth of the highly lacklustre and not overly interesting GPGCL, run in conjunction with Season 13 of the GPGSL.
Results tallied from race results of the Main Race of each round. Drivers earn points for their team, with 1st place earning 22, 2nd has 21pts....all the way to 22nd place getting 1point.
Those points are combined per team, per round.
The standings reflect these results, with a system rewarding the Points Differential as the key sort field.

So, we present the results and current standings after Round 1 in Melbourne, and the fixture for Round 2 in Sepang.




**** note from the editor/series runner - I am not entirely convinced i like this setup for the standings, so we shall see if it stays all season long. Who knows, the GPGCL may collapse mid season if no interest at all from the GPGSL participants :)



GPGSL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GPGCL Round 1 - Melbourne
>
> A glittering launch event for the re-birth of the
> highly lacklustre and not overly interesting
> GPGCL, run in conjunction with Season 13 of the
> GPGSL.
> Results tallied from race results of the Main Race
> of each round. Drivers earn points for their team,
> with 1st place earning 22, 2nd has 21pts....all
> the way to 22nd place getting 1point.
> Those points are combined per team, per round.
> The standings reflect these results, with a system
> rewarding the Points Differential as the key sort
> field.
>
> So, we present the results and current standings
> after Round 1 in Melbourne, and the fixture for
> Round 2 in Sepang.
> [i.imgur.com]
>
> [i.imgur.com]
>
> **** note from the editor/series runner - I am not
> entirely convinced i like this setup for the
> standings, so we shall see if it stays all season
> long. Who knows, the GPGCL may collapse mid season
> if no interest at all from the GPGSL participants
> :)

Any discussion/love/hatred of this offshoot idea, i will start a seperate thread for it, so we can keep this away from distracting the whole reason we are here, the GPGSL



GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
I look at this and understand nothing, tbh

ccc
___________________________________________________________________________
For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here:[docs.google.com]
Soutsen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I look at this and understand nothing, tbh
> [www.grandprixgames.org]
> if


+1

_______________________________________________________
GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards
CaptinFranko Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Soutsen Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I look at this and understand nothing, tbh
> >
> [www.grandprixgames.org]
>
> > if
>
>
> +1

Well, it isn't rocket science. But it all is a little pointless and irrelevant..... See thread i started in forum for further discussion. Feel free to shoot it down, and tell me it is a waste of effort/time, and i won't bother any further with it :)



GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Mullet345 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I prefer using Dxtory for taking screenshots when
> I RD races. Makes it easier for me to take
> screenshots automatically which is what I prefer
> over manually taking them.

So do you then end up with several hundred/thousand pics to sort through per race? That surely has to extend the time it takes to process a coverage, and post it?
Me, i simply use the F11 key for screenshots, saving to bmp's within the Gpxpatch folder, taking pics ONLY as required. Then convert to jpeg and upload...the most time consuming part for me is the upload to imgur.



GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Soutsen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also it seems like you have forgot to put Ruben
> with his team into the waiting list. He was there
> at the moment of the S11 start at least above the
> TNR:
> [i.imgur.com]
>
> Anyway got to admit that Ruben is my primary
> target for a 1st driver role at my own team anyway
> (the only one at the current waiting-list), so I
> think we are going to settle it somehow
> [www.grandprixgames.org]
> if

Another post to add to the "doesnt make any sense" pile :)
Seriously, this makes no sense, other than your wish to sign Ruben as a driver.



GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Auch, that was not the best start of the season for Demon Racing! We haven't been making the testing mileage we wanted over the winter, so we have ab it of homework to do to understand the car.

I look forward to the next Grand Prix, we should be prepared a lot better! My goal is to fight for the championship as always, lets let's do this.

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10
 

 
Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, Vader, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy