Major Windows 10 problem

Posted by AxelCodino 
Major Windows 10 problem
Date: July 11, 2018 07:13PM
Posted by: AxelCodino
Hi guys, I have a major problem with GP4 in relation to windows 10. I bought a new computer and I want to install GP4 but for some reason it doesn't work as it should be.

Once i finished the installation of de GP4 disc, and I want to play the game from the disc the game won't start. Then, if I want to install the patch I get the following error: Error extracting support files: catastrophic failure
I can't even remove the game without using some help of Revo Uninstaller. If i want to remove the game I get the same error message.

Am I the only one who's facing so many problems with GP4 and Windows 10? Even a new clean install of windows won't help. I've tried everything I could : install the game not on the SDD but the HDD ( doenst't work).

Can anybody help me?
Re: Major Windows 10 problem
Date: July 12, 2018 09:45AM
Posted by: munnzy
look here first for all your issue's
[www.grandprixgames.org]
regards
Date: July 13, 2018 11:23PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
For me, I never installed the game on a Win7/Win10 PCs. I installed it on a older computer with an older OS, like XP or Vista.
Started the game once, drove one quickrace and then copied the hole Grand Prix 4 folder to the new computer and it has always worked :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: July 15, 2018 08:56AM
Posted by: ooleeeo
I have a problem with csm in windows 10, it does not update the wad files when I try to play any mods. Any suggestions?

KIMI RULES!

my youtube channel:[www.youtube.com]
Date: July 16, 2018 02:53AM
Posted by: phantaman
write permission in folder :-)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => 2018 physics (under FIA Technical Regulations) !
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date Canadian GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at Upward - GPx !
Date: July 17, 2018 10:20AM
Posted by: AxelCodino
Oh btw somehow I've fixed it, so this thread can be closed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, Vader, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy