GPG Nations Cup S6 - Rounds 10/11/12 [Quali/Race p.35 || Vacancies!]

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
The GPG Nations Cup is an AI based league where a player represents a nation, and races are ran on Grand Prix 4 by a race director, with the results posted here.
Rules are on Post 2. It is your responsibility to read these, and it will be assumed every participant/potential participant has so.

Governing Body

kedy89 - Rules of sport
Mullet345 - Race Director and Tables
natasp - Race Director and Activity Checker
gareth - Mod creator
truecrysis - Track advisor

GPG Nations Cup Wikia(WIP)

Entry List (Country/Driver/User)

#1: Wales - Tom Pryce (gareth)

#2: Canada - Tom Dilain (TomDilain)

#3: Germany - Tobias Kederer (kedy89)

#4: USA -Ricky Bobby (shep34)

#5: Italy - Paolo Tafuro (senna9194)

#6: Netherlands - Maikel De Boer (MDBSnake)

#7: Portugal - Paulo Silva (X_Acto)

#8: Finland - Antero Keranen (FlyingFinn19)

#10: UAE - Gerard Hatfield (gerardrh)

#14: China - Cheng Tung (Mullet345)

#18: Montenegro - Mirko Vukcevic (truecrysis)

#19: Ireland - Daly Tyrson (Bandon23)

#23: Brazil - Nathan Cremasco (natasp)

#24: England - John Warrington(JohnWarrington)

#25: Australia - Nathan McGregor (Macca25)

#26: Indonesia - Nico Saputra (SakuMiku)

#42: San Marino - Gianluigi Silvestre (Gigi4)

#50: Uruguay - Carlos Rodríguez (Carlitox)

#66: France - Romain Prost (AUS_Doug)

#91: Russia - Viktor Maslov (Soutsen)

#98: Monaco - Graham-Ayrton Grimaldi (EricMoinet)

#99: South Korea - Lin Kuei (giomich)

#XX: vacant

Waiting List:

Standings:

Season 6 Calendar:
Round 01: Brazilian GP - Interlagos - 30%
Round 02: Spanish GP - Motorland Aragon - 7%
Round 03: Portuguese GP - Estoril - 7%
Round 04: San Marino GP - Imola - 7%
Round 05: Dutch GP - Zandvoort - 7%
Round 06: British GP - Silverstone - 30%
Round 07: French GP - Paul Ricard - 7%
Round 08: German GP - Hockenheimring - 50%
Round 09: Finnish GP - Marfield - 7%
Round 10: UAE GP - Dubai Autodrome - 0%
Round 11: Chinese GP - Shanghai - 7%
Round 12: Australian GP - Adelaide - 15%

Season 6 Extra Boost

kedy89: 335
MDBSnake: 238
Shep34: 234
gareth: 220
senna9194: 217
Macca25: 191
pycku: 190
X_Acto: 158
gerardrh: 149
natasp: 146
Gigi4: 146
EricMoinet: 102
Mullet345: 100
giomich: 84
FlyingFinn19: 51
SakuMiku: 47
Bandon23: 37
Carlitox: 22
truecrysis: 0
Soutsen: 0

Previous Season Links

Season 1 Thread: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Season 1 Final Standings: [i671.photobucket.com]

Season 2 Thread: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Season 2 Final Standings: [img228.imageshack.us]
Season 2 Mod: [www.mediafire.com]

Season 3 Thread: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Season 3 Final Standings: [i.imgur.com]
Season 3 Mod: [www.mediafire.com]

Season 4 Thread: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Season 4 Final Standings: [i.imgur.com]
Season 4 Mod: [www.mediafire.com]

Season 5 Thread: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Season 5 Final Standings: [i.imgur.com]
Season 5 Mod: [www.mediafire.com]

Edited 50 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 04:55PM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
Re: GPG Nations Cup Season 6
Date: April 21, 2017 12:28PM
Posted by: GPG_Nations_Cup
GPG Nations Cup Rules.

Joining the GPGNC

Joining is easy, simply state the fact that you wish to join in the thread, and you will be added to the reserve list. You will gain a seat only after your car and helmet have been painted, your number has been chosen, and your driver has been annouced. After that you will be allocated a slot as and when they become available, in the order of the reserve list.

The Teams

-The championship will consist of 22 teams. Each team must be themed on a valid nation of the world as per the owner’s choice. Multiple cars of the same nation are not allowed.
-Interested new entrants will be placed on the waiting list if there are no vacancies.
-If there's a vacancy and noone to fill the seat, numcars.ini will be used to reduce the grid-size until a new team enters.

The Drivers

-The Driver names are a free choice. These names can be whatever you wish within reason, nothing too silly or offensive

Carshapes

-The carshapes are now decided by the most popular suggestion of all those involved. Depending on the community the shape will change from season to season.
-A maximum of 2 carshapes may be allowed, and must be of similar proportions.

S5 CART carshape: [www.mediafire.com]
Helmet: here

Liveries

-The livery of each car should be relevant to the nation the car represents.
-All cars should have the nations country labelled on the rear wing.
-Nothing regarded as offensive should be painted on the cars.
-Sponsorship is allowed and should be from the Nation provided, except for engine supplier (when none available in the chosen country), tyres and fuel/rims (eventually).
-Available tyre suppliers are: Firestone, Michelin, Continental, Yokohama, Hankook.
-Driver numbers are made by choice with number 1 being reserved for the champion. A participant keeps his number until he retires from the series, or changes it during his time active in the series.
-Helmet liveries may contain any design and sponsorship asides from tobacco.
-Tobacco sponsorship is NOT allowed, as some countries do not allow images to be uploaded that contain tobacco advertising.
-Textures have to be sent in .psd format.
-Teams on the waiting list have to prepare textures in case of promotion. If no textures are sent/available when promoted, entry will be denied and the team is moved to the end of the waiting list. The slot will be given to the next one in line.

Race Weekend

-Qualifying shall be 30 minutes in length, 22 cars on the track, 4 laps of fuel per stint with a maximum of 16 laps. Qualy coverage is optional, results screen is enough.
-Race distance shall be set to 66% of full race distance (~45min), with 1 mandatory pit stop per race.
-If a driver does not complete the pitstop, penaltys may be used to correct any erroneus result. The penalty will be based on track positions, length of pitstop to make sure the driver receives a penalty reflecting his overall gain in the race as every track is different and therefore the penalties need to reflect this.

-The current points system awards teams who finish between 1st and 10th. The points are spread like so:
1st - 12
2nd - 10
3rd - 8
4th - 7
5th - 6
6th - 5
7th - 4
8th - 3
9th - 2
10th - 1

Pole Position - 1
Fastest Lap - 1

-Points are awarded to top 10 drivers, regardless of whether all 10 finish. Classification for retiree's is the classification GP4 provides.
-DNF does not remove either fastest lap or pole position point

Car Performance

-Each car will have the same performance, set using the performance file – 850bhp, 1500 reliability. This is constant for all seasons since teams share cars on the performance file then we could only implement it if people scored identical points.
-A variance value of 500 is used for every driver.

Driver Performance

-Each driver will be given a base performance of 16000 for races, and 17000 for qualifying.
-The team owner is given a ‘budget’ of 6000 points (500 * number of races, currently 12).
-The team owner may allocate some of these extra points to the qualifying and race performances, up to a maximum of 500 each (ie, the absolute max performance is 16500 for races, and 17500 for qualifying). This limit is imposed in order to prevent runaway races.
-Boost requests can be sent anytime, as long as the window for the respective GP isn't closed yet.
-Irregular boost requests (using more points than one has left to spent) are ignored. If such a request is accepted by accident, the amount of extra boost will be deducted from the performance for the following race.
-Performance allocations CAN be changed before the deadline falls, but the last known choice before the deadline closes will be the used one.
-Each performance file containing the boost shall be posted before qualifying commences. If errors are found and a session has already been run, a rerun may be called upon to correct the erroneus result.
-Any team which enters mid-way through the season receives (race's remaining * 500) boost points. Ie if 6 races remain the team receives 6x500=3000 boost points
-At the end of the season the position in the championship you finish comes with a point’s reward that carries over. This will be altered as seasons pass to help newbies
These points are added on the the performance budget total for each manager. For example, season 1 finish = 1st, season 2 budget = 6100.
Points Stay with that manager, so if said manager chooses to change nation, the points gained still remain.
-If a participant leaves, they keep their current boost amount. If they are kicked/disappear, they get reset to 0.

It is as follows:

1 = 100
2 = 85
3 = 75
4 = 67
5 = 60
6 = 54
7 = 49
8 = 45
9 = 41
10 = 37
11 = 33
12 = 29
13 = 26
14 = 23
15 = 20
16 = 18
17 = 16
18 = 14
19 = 13
20 = 12
21 = 11
22 = 10

Activity
-Activity rules are to be brought in to promote activity.
-Activity windows are to be introduced. This window will extend from one boost announcement message to the next, in order to accurately reflect a race window.
-Punishments shall be issued after a certain number of windows missed:
1st window missed: 50/50 quali/race penalty
2nd window missed: 100/100 quali/race penalty
3rd window missed: Removal from the series.
-If no user takes a slot after a 3rd window is missed, numcars.ini will be used to reduce gridsize.
-A player that has been kicked can not rejoin in the same season.
-Holiday notice can be given, but must be declared on the thread in advance. Either an end or length of the holiday period must be given, but length leaves space for interpretation.
-A user who has declared a holiday may submit boosts for the races they will potentially miss.

Date: April 21, 2017 09:42PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Nice to see the thread opened :)

Date: April 22, 2017 03:46PM
Posted by: giomich
Agree, really nice, need to start painting a car
Date: April 22, 2017 11:59PM
Posted by: shep34
Team USA for me....hmmmm, a bit reluctant with this choice of mine, given the current political landscape, and the current POTUS. But, I have a awesome livery well underway, several good tracks in the USA that could be used...... Politics and GPGNC should never mix, so USA is in.
As for the driver, he will be named in coming weeks, as testing is done amongst several candidates...

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Date: April 23, 2017 02:13AM
Posted by: Mullet345
Good to see the new thread up.

Date: April 24, 2017 02:02AM
Posted by: FlyingFinn19
Niiiiice
Date: April 24, 2017 05:54AM
Posted by: gareth
Exciting!
Date: April 24, 2017 07:59AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
With all these vacancies, I think it's about time I join this series as Team France.
Team France's entry will be driven by #66 Romain Prost, and car and helmet design should be revealed by the end of the week.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: April 24, 2017 12:02PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Prost, Prost... that name reminds me something, but...

;)

Date: April 24, 2017 12:24PM
Posted by: gareth
Do we have anyone volunteering to compile the mod? I can have a crack (using last season as a base) if there's no one more experienced?
Date: April 24, 2017 04:35PM
Posted by: pycku
I am writing to officially announce that I resigned as manager of Bulgaria. I had great time here, but lately I rarely find time to follow up everything. It will be better for a fresh manager to try his luck. I hope Team Bulgaria will continue to participate, although organizers warned me that I am not allowed to set such a condition. Still, this is my desire and I hope it actually happens like that.
Date: April 25, 2017 01:54AM
Posted by: shep34
AUS_Doug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With all these vacancies, I think it's about time
> I join this series as Team France.
> Team France's entry will be driven by #66 Romain
> Prost, and car and helmet design should be
> revealed by the end of the week.

Good to see France picked up for another season - really enjoyed running the French entry for a few seasons.....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Re: GPG Nations Cup Season 6 - Vacancies!
Date: April 25, 2017 07:50PM
Posted by: Stoopid
I'm thinking of giving this another crack. I wouldn't be able to help out with the running of the series, because the GPGSL takes up all my spare time. I would like to run as Great Britain, but as I can see there is already a Wales entry, would that mean I would have to run as England instead?

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Date: April 25, 2017 07:54PM
Posted by: kedy89
Stoopid schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm thinking of giving this another crack. I
> wouldn't be able to help out with the running of
> the series, because the GPGSL takes up all my
> spare time. I would like to run as Great Britain,
> but as I can see there is already a Wales entry,
> would that mean I would have to run as England
> instead?

Yes, would have to be England. Seem to remember we only allowed GB if none of the 4 countries were taken yet.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: April 27, 2017 06:31AM
Posted by: Mullet345
Another reminder to all teams that I'll be able to do a render of your Season 6 car if you have decided to undergo a change in livery.

Date: April 27, 2017 11:02AM
Posted by: Soutsen
please tell us a deadline for the end of the pre-season, at least an approximate one.

Date: April 27, 2017 02:23PM
Posted by: Bandon23
Can't wait for the season 6 of GPGNC, and also the deadline for the liveries and helmet would be needed, probably.
Date: April 27, 2017 03:01PM
Posted by: kedy89
Up to the new mod maker(s) when he/they want to set the livery deadline. Mid-May would sound good to me.

In the meantime deciding how many races we'll have, and how the calendar will be handled.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: April 27, 2017 03:28PM
Posted by: GPG_Nations_Cup
Nations Cup Season 6 Provisional Entry List Update

1 more entry to go and we'll have a full 22 car grid.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy