GPGSL S10: Season over! Thank you and goodbye. See you in S11 ||v||

Posted by GPGSL 
You'll find people will start to do jobs for the performance benefit and not because of a love of the series.
And when it comes to activity checks, isn't turning up and not getting penalised literally the reward you get?
FlyingFinn19 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You'll find people will start to do jobs for the
> performance benefit and not because of a love of
> the series.

It's imo healthier than the current state were only Greg is running the show regarding RD duties.

You will not receive every time extra boost points if you do something, just one time.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2016 08:15AM by Turbo Lover.
Turbo Lover Wrote:
> FlyingFinn19 Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You'll find people will start to do jobs for
> the
> > performance benefit and not because of a love
> of
> > the series.
>
>
>
> It's imo healthier than the current state were
> only Greg is running the show regarding RD
> duties.
>
> You will not receive every time extra boost points
> if you do something, just one time.

It's something at least, and I can't give a alternative to it. If it's the best way forward as seen by the many, then it's something that just needs to be done.
Yeah it would certainly be better than noone wanting to do anything at all, I'm all for it.

I personally think it would cause even further vacancies.
Sure, it would promote people to RD rounds, that's all good. But what about those who don't, who can't, who work nearly 24/7 and barely have 5-15 minutes every day/week/fortnight to check the forums? What about them, who won't get the boost points, because they simply can't?
Some of those guys could be hurt for a title/championship position/points/whatever this way, and personally if I was in the position I'd just leave and waste my very limited free time elsewhere. It's an unfair advantage to those who have free time and can do jobs.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
If you stay active the whole season you will also get boost points for an extra round.

If you barely have the time to check the forums, maybe it's better to be not a participant of the league?

Also, with the marginal effect the current boost systeem has, it won't hurt a driver that much.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
But Ruben, you know that there might be changes in this regard towards the next season. And I'm also with Milos here. There are people who simply don't have the time to get involved in running the series while they have enough time to get a moment of enjoyment from watching how their team did in the past race. Indicating that such people shouldn't be part of the series is harsh, imo. They deserve the fun as much as those who run it. We've never run this series for a sort of personal advantage and starting this in the moment of deep crisis would only look like a panic reaction to me. The person who RD's a round or makes the perf or creates the boost shouldn't be mixed with the person who owns a team or drives for a team. It's two independent situations and it's important that this stays independent to keep the series fair.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
I'm against this, it's adding extra work for the perfs without adding that much to the series. We just need to work on getting the races rolling faster to create more interest.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Norbert Horvàth accepts to temporarily take over control of TNR

As per the rules, first TNR driver Norbert Horvath has been informed and has agreed to take over temporary control of TNR until the end of the season.

To clear any further confusion, the situation is as follows:

Teams that have dropped out by choice or as penalty:

-GGP (by choice)
-TNR (penalty)
-JHR (by choice)

This means that the following teams will definitely be in the series next season:

-Pulsar (officially announced)
-Maverick Track Performance (officially announced)
-Team Alpha (very likely, but not yet officially announced)

Can I do another suggestion?

Teams penalized didn't pull out, only have lowest BHP!!

SUGGESTION! Please, don't be angry with me! =D

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Team owners have a special responsibility, both towards their drivers and the league itself. Nobody knows if a missing team owner returns in time to re-take control of the team for the next season. If a team owner doesn't return, the new team has no time whatsoever to build a good team, but have to rely on other teams loaning out the test drivers. Bottom line is that this pampers inactive people and penalizes active new team owners.

As with everybody, team owners that dropped out are welcome to join the league again next season as a driver. And if a team owner returns with a valid excuse (and proof of it!), a solution has to be found. But otherwise, a team owner has to live with giving a more active person a chance when he manages to collect 3 inactivities per season. Like I said, a team owner has a special responsibility towards his drivers.

Not angry at all, but nope, the idea is crap ;)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
I already have 2 penalties due to my own stupidity (I thought i have post something and i didn't), despite i been around the forum...

-----------------------------------------------------

You want more RDs, then make it less time consuming. Reduce quali time by quitting with the 2 groups bull****, and have all cars on track like I intended it to be when I suggested it. Same for testers free practice. With 22 pics per session being enough, posting them in reversed order of the result.

Also shut down any negative comments about the way the coverage is done. IIRC Stu got a good bit of "video sucks" like comments when he started doing them, which resulted in him stopping to run races. But recording the race simply is the fastest way to do it, select the director's cut, hit the start hotkey and go do something else for the next 40mins. Upload, done. Not like the many hours that go in pic coverage, watching the race, taking screens, sort them out, resize, upload, write the report.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2016 06:29PM by kedy89.
kedy89 escribió:
> You want more RDs, then make it less time
> consuming. Reduce quali time by quitting with the
> 2 groups bull****, and have all cars on track like
> I intended it to be when I suggested it. Same for
> testers free practice. With 22 pics per session
> being enough, posting them in reversed order of
> the result.
>
>
> Also shut down any negative comments about the way
> the coverage is done. IIRC Stu got a good bit of
> "video sucks" like comments when he started doing
> them, which resulted in him stopping to run races.
> But recording the race simply is the fastest way
> to do it, select the director's cut, hit the start
> hotkey and go do something else for the next
> 40mins. Upload, done. Not like the many hours that
> go in pic coverage, watching the race, taking
> screens, sort them out, resize, upload, write the
> report.

+1

JohnMaverick Wrote:
> Team owners have a special responsibility, both
> towards their drivers and the league itself.

I agree with this. Hehehehehehehehe

Guys, what do you think??? GPGSL-3 race banner (season 10 begins today)!!!

Ohh sweet dude nice banner! :)

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
As somebody who has been a tester, team owner and driver I have also been able to have varying levels of accessibility and commitment to the league. At one point I was a team boss and ran a few rounds. But that was because I could. Unfortunately, since having my little boy, I haven't been able to commit anywhere near as much, but have been lucky enough to get a drive and have vowed to stay active enough to make that worthwhile.

I Wholeheartedly disagree with the idea of boost reward for active people and people who RD rounds, and disagree even more with the notion that people who duck in and out should not really take part. I think the initial point was simple enough. We just need to cut the times between races a little bit and in my mind that means perhaps cutting down on testers footage and qualifying.

I think there would probably be a lot of people, myself included, that would walk away from the series should such a reward system come in. I greatly appreciate the work that the RD's do, and it is good work, but they just need to be given less of it.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Rod_vs Schreef:
> Guys, what do you think??? GPGSL-3 race banner
> (season 10 begins today)!!!
>
Can't wait to start my engine !!! hot

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
The idea of rewarding those who directly contribute to the series by either admin or RD duties, is plain ridiculous. Whilst everyone should be thankful and appreciative of the time and effort for those who make the series keep ticking, this should not be a catalyst for gifting extra perf bonuses.
As Milos said, some people simply do not have the time to do RD' duties etc or quite possibly the brains to do perf calculations LOL!
This proposal should instantly be dismissed as a never ever going to happen. As others have said, it would probably lead to a mass exodus of the series.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy