> testers free practice. With 22 pics per session
> being enough, posting them in reversed order of
> the result.
>
>
> Also shut down any negative comments about the way
> the coverage is done. IIRC Stu got a good bit of
> "video sucks" like comments when he started doing
> them, which resulted in him stopping to run races.
> But recording the race simply is the fastest way
> to do it, select the director's cut, hit the start
> hotkey and go do something else for the next
> 40mins. Upload, done. Not like the many hours that
> go in pic coverage, watching the race, taking
> screens, sort them out, resize, upload, write the
> report.

Agree on both points - though it never seemed to be an issue when I ran races and did video (no video sucks comments). It was very time consuming however, would take me a good four or five hours to record footsge, pen a script, record commentary then piece it all together. In this time in particular.

On the qualifying note, why did it go from one lap quali to this current way?

I meant video without commentating ;-). Obviously there's more work involved if you do that.

As far as I can remember it went from 4 laps to 1 to get it more exciting, as before even with 1 or 2 messed up laps a driver still could get a decent time, resulting in similar results. Then from 1 to 2 laps to reduce the time for the RD I think, and also a bit because of changing conditions. No idea why 2 groups though, asked it at least once when I was still board member but never got a reply...

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
kedy89 Scritto:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I meant video without commentating ;-). Obviously
> there's more work involved if you do that.
>
> As far as I can remember it went from 4 laps to 1
> to get it more exciting, as before even with 1 or
> 2 messed up laps a driver still could get a decent
> time, resulting in similar results. Then from 1 to
> 2 laps to reduce the time for the RD I think, and
> also a bit because of changing conditions. No idea
> why 2 groups though, asked it at least once when I
> was still board member but never got a reply...

Perhaps having 2 groups reduced the traffic on track, avoiding to have lots of spoiled laptimes because of slower cars. Yet it can still happen as long as you have only two chances to make a good laptime.

Reducing the broadcast time is the key nonetheless, perhaps what has been proposed for FP and Qualify (based on GPGNC: screen of the drivers' best laps from last to first.) could get us earlier to the race.

FP could be reverted to 22 consecutive cars IMHO.

My GPGSL Career
let me get in on the chat about quali.
I agree with Tobi here, for 22 pictures in qualifying and free practice. I'd go as far saying to cut it down to just the timing screenshot, I'd be content with that.
Would probably cut down the workload by about 50% or more.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
I think that one lap per driver in the qualify, without another cars in the track, how it used to be in F1, would be more challenging and more fun in my opinion

As with most discussions about changes to regulations and proposals for the better working of the league, my suggestion would simply be to leave it for the end of the season. It makes no sense to make reckless changes now. Gather your ideas, then after the final race is done, have the GPGSL account set up a thread and discuss. We've done it in the past, I'm sure it can be done again.

I also have a couple of suggestions about RDing, boosts and other stuff but I would prefer an organized discussion at a convenient time of the season. ;)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Hi guys, I might not be as active as I would like to me over the next 3 weeks as I am getting married next weekend and then going on our honeymoon the following 2 weeks after that.

Just wanted to let the GPGSL committee know.

Thanks,
Nath

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Congrats Nathan, have a nice time with your (not yet) wife. Be happy all life and have fun with her.

Congrats boss! =)
Congratulations Nate!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GPGSL: Snake Motorsport Test Driver for S10 (promoted to Race Driver from Monza Onwards)

GPGSL-3: Christel VXR Race Driver for S9
I'd like to RD a race or two, but sadly GP4 doesn't run on my system without a bit of persuading and I currently I don't have enough time to do said work. Once I can get to it, I'll let you know.
xSilvermanx Wrote:
> I'd like to RD a race or two, but sadly GP4
> doesn't run on my system without a bit of
> persuading and I currently I don't have enough
> time to do said work. Once I can get to it, I'll
> let you know.

+1 I have a Mac and haven't ever managed to get it to work. I managed to boot camp windows a few years back and did a few races that way but haven't managed anything since.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Macca25 Schreef:
> Hi guys, I might not be as active as I would like
> to me over the next 3 weeks as I am getting
> married next weekend and then going on our
> honeymoon the following 2 weeks after that.
>
> Just wanted to let the GPGSL committee know.
>
> Thanks,
> Nath

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Carlitox Schreef:
> As with most discussions about changes to
> regulations and proposals for the better working
> of the league, my suggestion would simply be to
> leave it for the end of the season. It makes no
> sense to make reckless changes now. Gather your
> ideas, then after the final race is done, have the
> GPGSL account set up a thread and discuss. We've
> done it in the past, I'm sure it can be done
> again.
>
> I also have a couple of suggestions about RDing,
> boosts and other stuff but I would prefer an
> organized discussion at a convenient time of the
> season. ;)

That's a great idea Carlos... waiting until the end of the season and talk about it then... lets get on with the races !!!

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Race drivers mod updated, see sig.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Good to hear that the race drivers mod is updated. Now I'll be able to run qualifying and the race. I should be able to get into it later on this afternoon, so I may even have qualifying up by tonight.

Thanks Greg, all you do is appreciated. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
mortal Schreef:
> Thanks Greg, all you do is appreciated. :-)

Can only echo this, thank you Greg!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
GPGSL Rd 11 Brazilian GP – Qualifying

Hello and welcome back to Interlagos. We are just about ready to get qualifying underway to determine our grid for the race. And with the rain as a possible factor, we should hopefully get a very interesting result. So then, let’s head trackside as the cars get fired up for the session.

Weather Report

The calm before the storm as we wait to see who will be first out for the first group. And as you can see, we have the rain coming down, so it’ll be interesting to see how the session will turn out for the drivers.

Out first is Moinet in the JHR.

Behind him is O’Brien, and most likely this is not a situation both drivers want to be in.

O’Brien manages to get by Moinet, but chances are both drivers’ laps are ruined.

O’Brien and Moinet set their times.

Horvath sets a decent laptime to see him slot into 2nd.

Maverick’s lap is faster than O’Brien’s lap, and that puts the AMR driver into provisional pole.

Michail, who has taken over the race seat that was vacated by McCarthy, sets her time and slots into 4th.

Kittleson will be disappointed with his time.

Rodriguez puts in a blistering laptime to take provisional pole away from Maverick.

Nell sets his time, and slots in behind Rodriguez.

Keranen goes 7th fastest with his time.

Ancevski gets into the thick of the action by going 3rd fastest.

However, it’s Legge who goes fastest with a very good laptime to take provisional pole away from Rodriguez.

The standings after the first runs from the first group.

Jalving is first out for the second group.

And the MPR driver proceeds to blow Legge’s time out of the water with a faster lap to take provisional pole.

Worseling, who is driving the #0 SCR for this round and next round, sets his time. It seems he may have got held up by De Bruyker during his lap.

Greenhalgh goes 2nd fastest to make it a provisional MPR front row.

Thomas sets his time, and it puts him into 3rd behind both MPRs.

A fantastic lap from Kederer sees the Shadow driver take provisional pole.

7th for Warrington as the Greidanus driver sets his time.

Copeman and Pedersen set their times, and slot into 4th and 5th respectively.

Elleker sets his time, and ends up splitting the MPRs.

Sanvitale sets his time, and he slots in ahead of his teammate.

De Bruyker’s time is only good enough for 9th.

The standings after all drivers have completed their first run.

Michail is out first this time for the first group.

She improves up to 7th.

Horvath improves up into 9th.

Are we going to see a repeat from the free practice? Kittleson sets his time, and goes straight up to provisional pole.

O’Brien improves up into 4th.

Maverick once again take provisional pole.

Keranen is another big improver as he improves up into 6th.

Moinet’s second lap is much better than his first, and improves up into the top 3.

Second time around, Legge is only able to improve up into 8th.

.005s!? That is super close between Rodriguez and Maverick as the One driver takes provisional pole.

Nell improves up into 3rd, and this is going to set up a battle between the championship contenders.

Ancevski jumps from 21st to 4th with his better laptime.

The standings after the first group have completed both runs.

This is it. Jalving comes out first for the second group, and is the first to go onto slicks. This should make the battle for pole a great one.

Jalving goes fastest in the first sector, but has Pedersen to deal with.

Not that it matters as Jalving takes provisional pole.

Copeman goes faster, which shows that the time lost for Jalving has cost the MPR driver pole.

Thomas improves up into 3rd.

Warrington now has provisional pole.

Greenhalgh improves up into 3rd and ends the session ahead of Jalving.

Kederer ends his lap, and retakes provisional pole.

Worseling improves up into 2nd.

Pedersen’s time is much better than his previous time, and it’s enough to improve him up into 3rd.

Sanvitale improves from 21st to 5th.

Elleker completes his lap, and knocks Kederer off provisional pole. He’ll be pleased with that for sure.

De Bruyker is last across the line, and improves up into 8th from the last row.

Here are the final standings.

Congratulations Jack Elleker and AMR, our pole sitter for Rd 11. He took advantage of the drying track, and that is what helped him out in the end. That ends our coverage of qualifying. We hope you enjoyed our coverage, and we hope to see you back here tomorrow when we bring you the race coverage. So until then, it’s goodbye from Interlagos.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Better qualifying than the F1.......just saying. :-) Not so good for SCR, but still better.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy