GPGSL S10: Season over! Thank you and goodbye. See you in S11 ||v||

Posted by GPGSL 
Alpha Motorsports Press Release

It is with great excitement that Alpha Motorsports can announce their driver line-up for Season 11. Three-time race winner Tobias Kederer will join the current leader of the Testers' Championship Vimal Ana at the team. Ed Greenhalgh will be one of the test drivers for the team with the other to be Daly McClure.

Tobias Kederer: "I'm looking forward to a new challenge after driving for Shadow for 5 seasons. Once I had made up my mind about my own future I decided to contact Ed about a drive for his team. I'm happy that it worked out, the team has lots of history, and I hope that now as teamowner Ed continues to be the title magnet he's been as driver over the last few seasons."

Vimal Ana: "It's a great shame that Team Shadow is leaving GPGSL, it has been a pleasure driving for them and hopefully I can send them off with a nice testers champion trophy. For next season, I have been offered a race seat at Ed's new team, Alpha Motorsports. I am very honoured to be able to partner up with this new team and hopefully I can bring this new team to greater heights."

Daly McClure: "I'm proud to join the Alpha Motorsports team as a test driver. I would like to say that this team has returned and can't wait to be in the car next season which is really great. I'm ready for a new challenge with this team and hopefully to deliver strong results next season."

Ed Greenhalgh: "I am very excited with our line-up for Season 11. The driver market has moved very quickly in recent weeks and it has been competitive to get the best drivers, so I am happy with how it worked out. I am looking forward to the challenge of re-launching the team and I look forward to adding to our success in the early GPGSL years. I'd also like to thank John Maverick for assisting us with the hiring of Vimal."

Alpha Motorsports will return to the series in Season 11 for the first time since Season 4. In its previous life the team won one race thanks to Stefan van Renselaar. Further details including engine and tyre suppliers and the car shape will be announced at a later date.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2016 07:47PM by SchueyFan.
Great to see Alpha Motorsports back, I'm looking to be a part of the team with them as a test driver next season. I'm confident for sure.
Good lord, that's an incredibly strong lineup. Fair play to ya!

Silly season in full swing now, maybe On The Limit should make a return and spread some unfounded rumours about the place?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Above post edited with confirmation of McClure as a test driver.

Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good lord, that's an incredibly strong lineup.
> Fair play to ya!

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2016 07:56PM by SchueyFan.
SchueyFan Wrote:
>Ed Greenhalgh will be one
> of the test drivers for the team with the other to
> be Daly McClure.

Ok then! That has taken me by surprise! PM's from another team manager indicated huge interest to snare Daly, but this announcement from Alpha Motorsports has surprised me!
Well done though to Daly/Bandon23. Good luck Ed.....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
SchueyFan écrivait:
> Alpha Motorsports Press Release

> It is with great excitement that Alpha Motorsports
> can announce their driver line-up for Season 11.
> [Bla-bla...]
> Ed Greenhalgh will be one
> of the test drivers for the team with the other to
> be Daly McClure.

Sorry mate but I have to disagree with this. Daly McClure has signed with us a couple of days ago.
I'm pretty sure you were not aware of it, and the reason of his departure is quite obscure
("I can't be race driver at Mistral so I'm leaving you to be test driver at Alpha" or something similar) but the fact is that he has an appointment with us.

Uh oh..... where there is Daly McClure, trouble follows..... good luck sorting it out gents.

Drama!
Silly season lives up to its name then. Mr McClure (Name tbc) never far away from the next scandal.

Yeah good luck with that. I'm pleased to be staying put for next year and very thankful for a race seat!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Some saucy developments in the driver market xD
This is easily solved. Ed, Eric, please post screenshots of your contract agreements with Daly. Whoever was first, generally has the shot on him. If Daly then decides for another team and that team yet agrees, he'll suffer a perf penalty, as mentioned in the rules.

22 d) If a driver breaks off a contract and drives for another team without the agreement of the team owner, that driver will receive a 40 point qualifying and race performance penalty.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Ecurie Mistral Announcement

KYALAMI - Sun City Hotel
It has been a silly week with the silly season on and four brand new teams trying to draw their line-ups for the forthcoming season. There was a ballet of drivers playing in the corridors of the hotel, going from a room to an other, and then some announcements and also some silly moves.

So, to clarify the situation and without further ado this is the line-up for Ecurie Mistral :

Race drivers :
1. Paulo Silva (POR)
2. Jack Hunsley (ENG)

Test drivers :
3. Giovanna Michail (POR)
4. TBC

The position of Daly McFly is on hold. He has a valid contract with us but decided to leave for an other team, which is something we can't accept. We're waiting for a clarification. We can provide the Governing body with elements of the contract if needed to prove it.

It's not the GPGSL without a bit of drama :P

I'm already confirmed to drive for Alpha Motorsports next season as a test driver, and that's all for that.
JohnMaverick Wrote:
> Matteo didn't sound like he had a contract with
> MPR for next season and I actually figured he
> announced this to you. If not, I apologise. He
> agreed to my offer eventually and to me this meant
> he's free and can sign where he wants. So, did he
> have a valid contract for next season?

Matteo never mentioned anything about an offer to drive for your team.

It's not a major issue, but i'd have just appreciated a PM about the deal, rather than finding out about it for the first time in the main thread.

Regardless, what this does mean is that we have two free test seats at MPR for season 11.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
That's some pretty hilarious stuff right there. McClure.....McFly..... Waiting on Boaty McBoatface.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Bandon23 Wrote:
> I'm already confirmed to drive for Alpha
> Motorsports next season as a test driver, and
> that's all for that.

But which one did you agree to first????!!!! From experience, i know you tend to bamboozle people (aka me!!!) with multiple PM's within minutes of each other, with a change of mind each time......
Oh boy...... glad DMR's hands are free of this mess.....:-O

EricMoinet schrieb:
> The position of Daly McFly is on hold. He has a
> valid contract with us but decided to leave for an
> other team, which is something we can't accept.
> We're waiting for a clarification. We can provide
> the Governing body with elements of the contract
> if needed to prove it.

Once again, Eric and Ed please send in screenshots of the PMs where Daly accepted your offers. This way we can easily see who was first and then see where this goes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy