Ferrari F14 T - Excalibur [RELEASED]

Posted by Excalibur 
Re: Ferrari F14 T - Excalibur [WIP]
Date: April 13, 2014 01:49AM
Posted by: Turbomate90
Please do you have Any news for this very good project Excalibur?
Date: April 16, 2014 07:14PM
Posted by: laazio
Any news about ur F14t? 'cause it looks really awesome!!!
thanks.
Date: April 24, 2014 11:36PM
Posted by: toricoz
link Please, please.
Date: April 25, 2014 12:52AM
Posted by: NickJW
www.ferrarif14t.com

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Date: April 25, 2014 02:29AM
Posted by: Flash Formula
Great looking Ferrari mate :-) Keep up the great work (Y)

Date: April 25, 2014 08:00PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Thanks. Unfortunately, I had to redone all from the start due to too many high polys from the original model and tools not 100% accurate to decrease the numbers of polys and keeping a good mesh and UV Mapping with 3dsMax.
So, I rebuilt the 3d model with 3dsMax and Zbrush. Now, I am making the UV Mapping of each parts of the car before to texture them...
Don't excpect it before May. I will have more time next week to work on it. Sorry for the delay. Be patient... Still Work In Progress...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: April 25, 2014 08:43PM
Posted by: kokomoko78
Excalibur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks. Unfortunately, I had to redone all from
> the start due to too many high polys from the
> original model and tools not 100% accurate to
> decrease the numbers of polys and keeping a good
> mesh and UV Mapping with 3dsMax.
> So, I rebuilt the 3d model with 3dsMax and Zbrush.
> Now, I am making the UV Mapping of each parts of
> the car before to texture them...
> Don't excpect it before May. I will have more time
> next week to work on it. Sorry for the delay. Be
> patient... Still Work In Progress...
>
> [img834.imageshack.us]
Excelente! Lo tendras listo para el Gran Premio de España?
Date: April 25, 2014 08:58PM
I hope so, but it will be the early season version. I don't know exactly what improvements Ferrari will bring to Barcelona for the moment. The car could be different. I will update it later. I am working on my first version for the moment to release it as soon as I can....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: April 25, 2014 09:03PM
Posted by: tumyeto
Salut excalibur, tu as vu que le nez de la f14 allait changer d'ici barcelone ?
Penses tu pouvoir l'inclure quitte à repousser la sortie du projet ?
bon courage en tout cas !;)
Date: April 25, 2014 09:29PM
tumyeto écrivait:
> Salut excalibur, tu as vu que le nez de la f14
> allait changer d'ici barcelone ?
> Penses tu pouvoir l'inclure quitte à repousser la
> sortie du projet ?
> bon courage en tout cas !;)

Indeed, the nose and others aerodynamics parts will probably change but I am working on this version for too much time now that I won't modify anything on the 3d model at this stage. Maybe later, after Monaco or Canada.
Merci pour tes encouragements, en tous cas! ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2014 09:30PM by Excalibur.
Date: April 25, 2014 10:57PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
take your time my friend!
Fantastic work so far :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: April 25, 2014 11:05PM
Sure Eric, there is no hurry! Thank you my friend! ;-)

Date: April 26, 2014 02:11AM
Posted by: littleone90
great job ;) (Y)

Date: April 26, 2014 01:53PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
We shure that wil,be a great car. Keep it up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: April 26, 2014 11:42PM
Posted by: er0nix
Excalibur schrieb:
> Thanks. Unfortunately, I had to redone all from
> the start due to too many high polys from the
> original model and tools not 100% accurate to
> decrease the numbers of polys and keeping a good
> mesh and UV Mapping with 3dsMax.
> So, I rebuilt the 3d model with 3dsMax and Zbrush.
> Now, I am making the UV Mapping of each parts of
> the car before to texture them...
> Don't excpect it before May. I will have more time
> next week to work on it. Sorry for the delay. Be
> patient... Still Work In Progress...
>
> [img834.imageshack.us]

Brilliant work. But for what are you using ZBrush for? GP4 doesn't support normal or any displacement map as far as I know. Except your using it for texturing which I recommend photoshop extended with 3d support. Much more flexible, especially if it comes to fixing texture seams.

Regards
Danny
Date: April 27, 2014 12:18PM
Hi Dan,

I don't know what version from Zbrush you are using but Zbrush 4R6 brought a lot of improvements and new features. This software is just amazing with all the possibilities and above all, the time consuming regarding 3dsMax. In fact, I had a lot of problems with 3dsMax due to a stupid and noob error. My 3d model was made with too many polys although the first thing you have to do is to build a low poly model first. Edge loop function is not efficient under 3dsMax if you want to make a 30,000 polygon model ... starting with more than 250,000 polys.
So, I started to learn Zbrush these last weeks, looking at great tutos from badking.com. With Zbrush, I used the brush to remodel the car first in a short time (after severals trials ). New nose cone, new sidepods in 5 minutes. Then, I tried several tutos with Decimation master and Zremesher but the result was not like I wanted. So, I used a technique with the reconstruct subdivision level tool to eliminate highers levels and to keep a good mesh.But using subdivision tools doesn't keep the uv mapping. And finally, working with several modifiers into 3dsmax.
For the mapping, I started with max to get a planar and custom uv coordinates but when you have got several modifiers one above each over, it deletes some lower ones, even when you merge the layers little by little.
So, I used Zmodeler to remap manually all the parts, not the quickest method but the easier one for me to get exactly what I want.

So, I discovered Zbrush and I must admidt that it is maybe the best, easy and handy software for modeling. It is so fast!! Nothing compared to Max. In a few minutes, you can do whatever you want that it would take few hours to make with Max when you control the software. And GOZ function is very useful to interact with others softwares. Also useful for Ambient occlusion layer.

There is not only one way for modeling or modifying. You can create your own technics. This is what I like too.

Concerning normal and displacement map, it is possible into Zbrush (depending of the version you are using but 4R6 do it)

For Texturing, I am using Photoshop CS3 and Zmodeler to see the result. CS5 extended only to make renders. But you are right, this is a great tool to modify the layers and to see the result quickly on the 3d model. But you know, with time, you keep your old uses! ;)

Cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2014 02:41PM by Excalibur.
Date: April 27, 2014 05:02PM
Posted by: phantaman
;-)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: April 27, 2014 06:15PM
@Phantaman: I saw this on f1 technical but my cent the new nose won't be the first one nor the second...;)

Date: April 28, 2014 02:51AM
Posted by: phantaman
culturally ferrari does not often make blatant copies

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: May 01, 2014 03:39PM
Posted by: er0nix
I admire you, when you say it is easy. But yes, I do use version R6, and It never crossed my mind using the Zremesher for a car. I guess that
really depends on your modeling technique.
For organic modeling, or any other object that needs normal maps etc...yeah. But I will give it a try :) Thanks Bro

Cheers
Danny....

(push up d topic of this nice project)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy