Convert a CSM MOD to stand alone?

Posted by flying 
Convert a CSM MOD to stand alone?
Date: October 15, 2014 08:00AM
Posted by: flying
Hi
I am just curious if there exists an easy way to just convert a CSM MOD to a stand alone
GP4?

I know of course you can build one using a clean GP4 install & updating WAD's etc
But just wondered if there exists an easy way since in a sense the CSM does just that?

I just thought about it since trying new things in a CSM mod will sometimes have an effect on other mods
& also I note many modders tend to use a stand alone so thought at times it might be easier for testing something
without risk to other mod's in CSM. Also I have a lot of space so not a problem space wise.
In fact most of the installs I now have has no tracks since I made a track library & point all installs to it via GPxTrack & also make
track.set files for various decades/Mods etc.

Just wondering.......Thanks for any info given
Re: Convert a CSM MOD to stand alone?
Date: October 15, 2014 10:57AM
Posted by: kedy89
I think it could work by starting the mod via csm, once you're ingame you minimize it, then go to your gp4 folder and copy all files and folders (except Tracks and GPSAVES) to another location. No guarantees though, I never tried that.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: October 15, 2014 11:02AM
Thanks I did try that once ( by selecting wad cache option ) but did not copy the folder...Just the cars wad
from the wad cache It did not work & had many original GP4 cars when used in another installation

But will try that whole folder way & see

Thanks! (Y)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2014 11:14AM by flying.
Date: October 15, 2014 12:06PM
Thanks Kedy that way of exiting & copy the whole GP4 folder instead of wad-cache works great & is fully functional as far as I can tell

Thanks for the tip (Y)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2014 02:38PM by flying.
Date: October 15, 2014 04:54PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
flying Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Kedy that way of exiting & copy the whole
> GP4 folder instead of wad-cache works great & is
> fully functional as far as I can tell
>
> Thanks for the tip (Y)

It doesnt work for all mods.
Many cars dont have the exact same position for the tyres, the camaras, the steering wheel etc, etc etc.
Date: October 15, 2014 05:21PM
jcaranti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It doesnt work for all mods.
> Many cars dont have the exact same position for
> the tyres, the camaras, the steering wheel etc,
> etc etc.

Thanks

So far I only tried it on my two favorites
Fsone's 2009 & Tom's 2014
Although on Toms I already basically had it because I used one of his laptop versions & changed to all high resolution Lod_0 only
along with the various updates available from the modders + of course having nice tracks from folks like you & a few others built a nice
track library

But on these two CSM mods all positions were ok after copying teh GP4 folder
Although with the tweaker it would be easy to find & change position settings it was nice that these two worked as is.

Actually the only reason I wanted to also have stand alone for some of these is there has been times
where a change in 1 CSM mod pooched a few others & I had to re-install. Not hard but just wanted to see if this would work.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2014 05:23PM by flying.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy