@ Madman

Posted by Xero 
Re: @ Madman
Date: May 12, 2003 10:59PM
Posted by: DAW182
so madman whats the reason u cant get black flag on passing on yellow??
Date: May 13, 2003 12:10AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
I have a question for you madman, first of all wtg on your tweaker patch, second is i have used the blackflag thing in drive thru penality but when i have that my car doesn't go into the pitlane and if it goes in there my car stops, take a pitstop and then the car stays in the pit and i can't do a thing anymore ! What am i doing wrong?

Ty for the help in advance

greetings bigbrother
Date: May 13, 2003 12:51AM
Posted by: Dinga
Madman, I think you misunderstand me a little.What you say is true,but what I am getting at is that when you are actually in the pitlane serving your penalty, the GPxSAT (Not GPxCinfo) overlay still says DriverName...Pitstop. Will maybe put a message on SDI forum tonight to see if he can trigger something. And people not using GPxPatch?!?
Date: May 13, 2003 09:11AM
Posted by: Madman271
To Daw182:
Because GP4 does not provide a trigger or at least a bit-switch when that such condition happen. To implement a trigger for myself, we need to patch so much codes and I'm afraid I think it will affect to AI cars.

To BigBrother:
I heard so much about question similar to yours, but I'd love to answer, at least it will increase my post count and win a grandprixgames prize money. :)

Your problem might solved with two solutions:
1) Don't use keyboard/keypad controller, and...
2) Turn-off steering help (F8 key) and decrease steering-help slider to 0% from advanced control menu (you need to use custom control settings, not pre-defined one from GP4).

To Dinga:
Oh, I get your point. Yes, you definitely right if message "<driver> is in the pit" shown during drive-thru penalty. If this is necessary to removed, I'll working on it. Thanks for the suggestion.

And yes, not all people using GPxPatch. I can't assuming all people using GPxPatch while using GP4 Tweaker. It is like you shouldn't assuming all computers around the world has been installed with WinXP. :)

Gr88ts,
Madman
Date: May 13, 2003 10:14AM
thats a pitty black flag after passing on yellow woulda been cool, ohh well.. couldn't it be possiable u just make a tragger stating if position changes the black flag occurs, accept for when, there is a dnf, car in pit or stationary car on course. Or is this what u mean by setting up to many triggers that may affect ai.

btw madman with the keyboard situation, i find it impossiable to drive with steering help off with keyboard, like most ppl, which means we can't use black flag, though is it possiable to have steering help on, but a button we can press so it will turn of so we can go through pit, then press a button again when we get out?
Date: May 13, 2003 10:26AM
Posted by: Mick
what fpm do you get with your ti4600 i have the same card any help. please

Mick
Date: May 13, 2003 11:51AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
@ Madam. Ok, forget the pitstop times relative to fuel in different race lengths :)

Like I said, all that happens is that the wing times aren't the times I set in the options. They are infact double the time for a normal pitstop eg:

(MSLAP x (Fuel_Lap + 3)) / 1000 (x2)!

I'm glad to see that I was getting at the right thing when I tried to explain why the yellow flag thing couldn't work. Maybe I'm not stupid after all!! :)

hot

Date: May 14, 2003 03:23AM
To Jean_Alesi: :)

Im't not a madam, mossiuer. I'm Madman. A little mad but pure male. :)

The car fixing time is separated from refueling time, but if you fix the wing and taking a refueling while in pitstop it may causing pitstop time is not exactly as we set in pitstop timing tweak page.

I'll take a look a bit for pitstop timing, maybe I had a mistake in the number of bit shifting. Thanks for the report.

Gr88ts,
Madman
Date: May 14, 2003 11:41AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Sorry Madman!

But I'm not French either! I'm English, and glad not to be French (but that's a different thread! :) )

How can you have a stop without putting fuel in btw? It does it automatically doesn't it?

Thanks; but glad to help

Date: May 15, 2003 03:36AM
While in pitstop sequence, GP4 always add more 3 fuel-laps. This is mean whenever you ask to go to pit without refueling, actually GP4 will set 3 fuel-laps as default. I don't know why GP4 should be doing this.

Gr88ts,
Madman
Date: May 15, 2003 03:47AM
hey madman u never replied to my q's :P i'm intested about the keyboard 1
Date: May 15, 2003 04:13AM
Posted by: ricky
@DAWI82: Well, this is already integrated in Grand Prix 4, isn't it? You only have to press F8 to disable/enable steering help.

ricky
Date: May 15, 2003 09:39AM
To Daw182

Sorry Daw. :)
Maybe I missed to readed so lots of these messages. About keyboard be able to used on drive-thru, right? Hmm... Can you take any risks that during entire races you won't be able to helping with GP4 internal keyboard helper?

I've been trying to drive without using keyboard helper. My God! I can't finish even for single lap. Turning the car to left or right is so difficult because keyboard response is different than analog controller response which has a min and max range.

Gr88ts,
madman
Date: May 15, 2003 10:07AM
Posted by: tux
madman, mabey its possible to reduce the amount it turns by?

Date: May 15, 2003 10:19AM
I'm not very sure how the keyboard helper works on GP4. It seems the player cars guided not far from the ideal trajectory line defined somewhere in the track files. If I turn it off completely, the feel and effect is just like my granny in bad drunk while driving f1 cars. :-))

Ch88rs,
Madman
Date: May 15, 2003 10:50AM
Posted by: tux
Date: May 15, 2003 10:54AM
yeah madman thats y maybe have a button we can press to turn it of for just the last corner or something to get in the pits then when we out reactivate it..

plus would my black flag under yellow idea work?

could it be possiable u just make a trigger stating if position changes the black flag occurs, accept for when, there is a dnf, car in pit or stationary car on track. Or is this what u mean by setting up to many triggers that may affect ai.
Date: May 15, 2003 01:22PM
Posted by: Morbid
While in pitstop sequence, GP4 always add more 3 fuel-laps. This is mean whenever you ask to go to pit without refueling, actually GP4 will set 3 fuel-laps as default. I don't know why GP4 should be doing this.

I think it is like this:

The game tops of the fuel load with 2 laps each time you refuel (race strat and pit stops). So if you stop 2 times during a 72 lap race, you will start with 26 laps of ful and pit on lap 24, then go out again with 26 fuel laps and pit after 24 laps on lap 48. Here you will get 26 laps again and end the race with 2 laps left. The 2 extra laps are a "safety" measure since fuel consumption isn't exact, but depends on how much throttle is used, for instance when the AI does a half doughnut to turn around after a spin. The buffer does not accumulate. Not having that buffer might mean cars running out of fuel on track.

On top of that, cars also pit if they are damaged or sometimes if they suffer mechanical failures. The smallest possible stint would be to pit on the last lap, and that equals 1 lap to drive + 2 laps of "buffer" = 3 laps. Since the pit crew cannot take fuel out of the car during a race, wouldn't the code be something like "make sure that there is a minimum of 3 laps of fuel when the car leaves the pits, and if there already is, then do nothing"?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: May 15, 2003 01:52PM
To Daw182
Disable/enable keyboard helper with a keystroke. Hmm... Interesting idea. I'll think about it.

Made simple if Geoff send me source codes for yellow flags trigger event at the moment a car passing another car. :)

The difficult part is detect if a car passing another car. There is no triggers or events at all. We may detect the car's position during race, but has no effect when a car overtaking a back-marker. Create a trigger used by own patch codes does not affect GP4 or even AI.

I believe this idea is possible. I just need some tricks to make it happen without affecting AI cars engine codes. We'll see... ;)

To Morbid
Bypass additional fuel means refuel time set as zero value. Since refuel time used for delay to hold fuel-guys in their position, zero delay may causing three reasons:

1) Fuel-guys anim sequences does not trigger, or...
2) Fuel-guys anim sequences stop in their refueling position and does not back to the paddock (stuck) entire race.
3) Everything goes normally.

We know there's some bugs on pitcrew anim sequences and related routines.

Gr88ts,
Madman
Date: May 16, 2003 02:46AM
dam madman if u can do this your a genius :)

Post Edited (05-16-03 09:48)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy